• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Do you think that you're an overly sensitive person?

Are you overly sensitive?

• Nope, I have a heart of iron

• Yes, I'm a bit of a softie

• You must be nuts if you think I'm answering this! 😆

• Other (please specify)

• I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
A lot of people who are tend to hide it, because they don't want to appear weak or vulnerable. But this is the question for you today. 😛

For example, if no one remembered your birthday, would you let them know you were bothered, or pretend it wasn't a big deal? Or if someone you adored suddenly became standoffish for some mysterious reason, would you shrug it off, or feel wounded? You get the idea. So basically, are you stoic or a softie?

W1rhPcz.jpg

Last edited:
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I apologize for the following

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
As I am physically and mentally disabled, mentally in such a way my memory often fails, it may have been that I have been abused either literally or not, so I couldn't be bothered if folk make comments about me. Friends and family can cause me to remember a bit more.

Did you remember my last birthday? Do you think I am overly or overtly sensitive?

Last edited:

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
This is an apology for the double post, but my brain just clicked into gear.
.. .. SO.. ..
You are going to hate me for doing this.
Is that me being overly sensitive?

I was outside earlier this afternoon chopping wood, when I hit my hand with a hammer. I swore aloud for at least thirty minutes!
So yes I am very sensitive. That and that'll teach me to use a hammer to chop wood.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
...I couldn't be bothered if folk make comments about me. Friends and family can cause me to remember a bit more.

Did you remember my last birthday? Do you think I am overly or overtly sensitive?

Well, if folks make comments about me (in the real world) and I happen to overhear it, I sometimes let it go. Sometimes. But on places like Twitter, I will immediately eviscerate people with words.

I remembered your last birthday.... because I just checked your profile. 😁 And I do think that you're slightly sensitive (that joke about your mum made you laugh the first time, but the second time it bothered you. I'm REALLY sorry about that)

By the way, I'm willing to place a substantial wager on who will or won't post in this thread. Far be it from me to name names. But it's so tempting!! 😈

Last edited:

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
For example, if no one remembered your birthday, would you let them know you were bothered, or pretend it wasn't a big deal? Or if someone you adored suddenly became standoffish for some mysterious reason, would you shrug it off, or feel wounded? You get the idea. So basically, are you stoic or a softie?
I'm more sensitive than I let on.
If something really bothers me and someone asks me about it, I'll tell them that it's no big deal and then brood all about it later.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Angel ?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
This is an apology for the double post, but my brain just clicked into gear.
.. .. SO.. ..
You are going to hate me for doing this.
Is that me being overly sensitive?

I was outside earlier this afternoon chopping wood, when I hit my hand with a hammer. I swore aloud for at least thirty minutes!
So yes I am very sensitive. That and that'll teach me to use a hammer to chop wood.
Reading this I see that you very fit if you can swear for 30 minutes . I can only do 5 minutes . Any hints on how to do better ?

And that all I saying on the subject .

Priceless

Scooby
I don't have a heart of iron, but I'm not a softie either. I can take a joke, but I can also get a little paranoid.

TriBel
TriBel
Sometimes it's not paranoia - sometimes they're really out to get you (joke).
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Priceless, Paranoid was a good tune by Black Sabbath. Tribel, Paranoia was on Hawkwinds first Album, I did like that track.
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Agree with TriBel :)

Bop

Scooby
Sineya

Are you saying some people wouldn’t be bothered about those situations? 😯

I definitely would but only if it came from people I cared about. However people seem to think I come across as a lot less emotional that I am inside so I guess I don’t show it a lot.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Depends on the situation and the people I think, I'm definitely more sensitive to some people more than others.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn

I definitely would but only if it came from people I cared about. However people seem to think I come across as a lot less emotional that I am inside so I guess I don’t show it a lot.

Yes, I know a few people that just WOULDN'T care. And they're serious about it. (One of them was an ex-boyfriend lol)

I try not to show weakness in public, but sometimes it's like I'm walking through a sandstorm without an epidermis.

• Wow
Reactions: Bop

LemonBanana

Glorious Purpose
Sineya
I get upset over some things, especially over friendships breaking up, and I get quite sentimental sometimes. I dont rlly care about exes/bullies/and nasty people that talk about me or spread rumours though. I do overthink EVERYTHING, but honestly, i'm more of a complainer and if someone's upset me ill call em' out and get ready for a punch up and then just forget about it. No just kidding... I don't like punch ups... although...

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I get upset over some things, especially over friendships breaking up, and I get quite sentimental sometimes. I dont rlly care about exes/bullies/and nasty people that talk about me or spread rumours though. I do overthink EVERYTHING, but honestly, i'm more of a complainer and if someone's upset me ill call em' out and get ready for a punch up and then just forget about it. No just kidding... I don't like punch ups... although...

Go ahead, pound somebody into the ground like a tent peg. It will do you a world of good.

Cyberdemon

Townie
with age (33 now) i feel im less and less bothered with most things by now. it's strange because in my teens i was total opposite. i go through so much bs and it doens't even phase me anymore. just have to roll my eyes now.

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
I voted other because I am in between the top 2 answers. I may get upset by what people say to me and do at first and then get over it rather quickly. I don’t hold on to it and I move on. I purposely let go of it. I just don’t want to carry it around with me. In the end you can not change people;they have to change themselves if they choose to do so.

Reason: Needed to add something that I left out.

TriBel

Scooby
Apologies in advance. 😄

For example, if no one remembered your birthday, would you let them know you were bothered, or pretend it wasn't a big deal?
Neither...it wouldn't be a big deal for me. I frequently forget people's birthdays...I honestly don't know what the fuss is about them. The idea people want to celebrate them has always been alien to me...or strange since I stopped expecting jelly rabbits and pink blancmange. My mates always insist on celebrating and I do it all with bad grace. They're accustomed to it and just laugh at me...then hug me because they know I'm not tactile.

Or if someone you adored suddenly became standoffish for some mysterious reason, would you shrug it off, or feel wounded?

I don't adore people...I have 3/4 very close friends - I know their faults and they know mine (I have more faults than them). If I offend them they'll tell me and vice versus. I try not to offend but I'm not always successful. I can't imagine the situation you're describing.

Like @Priceless I sometimes feel paranoid about people (though I don't interact enough nowadays for it to be an issue). When I was in such a situation it was always about the quality of my work and always unfounded but it never stopped me worrying. I think I'm unlikeable...other people think the opposite. It always surprises me.
I try not to show weakness in public
I genuinely don't know what that means. What do you consider a weakness?
sometimes it's like I'm walking through a sandstorm without an epidermis.
That I understand but it's on a level that's probably more political than personal. I'll round on Fundamentalists who tell me Gay people are genetically flawed "like people with Downs Syndrome" and are going to hell. I'll round on a bunch of guys laughing and taking photos of a semi-conscious female spice addict to share on their face book page. By "round" I mean explode with the force of a nuclear bomb. I have very few filters and in certain situations I just don't/can't apply them.

Agy

Townie
I don't think showing emotion is a weakness, if society tells us to, something is going to the wrong way.
For example I don't think of myself as overly sensitive person, rather emphatic which means that I become a garbage bin for other people's emotions and I need to deal with those emotions, hence the crying sometimes or the roller coaster of emotions.
I think the problem appears when emphatic people forget to share or even refuse and doesn't communicate these feeling towards others and creating problems which were maybe never exists.
Also softies (like me) has to accept that there are people form the exact opposite side of the line. Overall for me communication is key, even so if it's not comfortable and of course dealing with issues.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
When I was younger I was definitely more sensitive than I let on. As @Give Us A Kiss said if something bothered me I would often say its not a big deal and then dwell on it later.
But as you get older I think you learn to to not sweat the small stuff, especially with people you dont even know that well

Neither...it wouldn't be a big deal for me. I frequently forget people's birthdays...I honestly don't know what the fuss is about them. The idea people want to celebrate them has always been alien to me...or strange since I stopped expecting jelly rabbits and pink blancmange. My mates always insist on celebrating and I do it all with bad grace. They're accustomed to it and just laugh at me...then hug me because they know I'm not tactile.

Youve obviously never worked in an office. If you forget to bring in cakes on your birthday civil war can break out :)
And as someone with a sweet tooth it is entirely justified

TriBel

Scooby
Youve obviously never worked in an office.
True that! I worked in an academic department with my own office (I wasn't ostracized - we all had our own office 😏 ) but what you describe is exactly what happened in the Admin Office (sigh...they also had Secret Santas)*. I don't get it...it means nada to me and I have to make a concerted effort to remember it matters to other people. I'm Hallmark's worst nightmare.😒

*But if you happened to go in there on a birthday they shared the cake - so win-win! 😄

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
If you forget to bring in cakes on your birthday civil war can break out :)
I have a huge problem with this. Why should you have to bring in cakes on your birthday. Shouldn't all the other minions be bringing in a cake for you. Is that a custom over there? You bring in the cake on your birthday?

TriBel
TriBel
LOL! That banner's evil!
Top Bottom