• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Do you think that you're an overly sensitive person?

Are you overly sensitive?

• Nope, I have a heart of iron

• Yes, I'm a bit of a softie

• You must be nuts if you think I'm answering this! 😆

• Other (please specify)

• I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
True that! I worked in an academic department with my own office (I wasn't ostracized - we all had our own office 😏 )

I miss the days when we had our own offices. The director of our company must have read an article about open plan offices, and decided it would be more egalitarian if everybody all sat together :(

I have a huge problem with this. Why should you have to bring in cakes on your birthday. Shouldn't all the other minions be bringing in a cake for you. Is that a custom over there? You bring in the cake on your birthday?

In all the offices I have worked in the birthday boy (or girl) is the one who brings the cakes in. It does seem counterintuitive at first but it makes things easier - you only have to do a collection for a big occasion birthday rather than every other week.

Although I used to work with someone who would get so angry about it like it was on a par with genocide. When people pointed out that it saved doing collections all the time, her idea was that everybody apart from the person whose birthday it was should bring in 2 doughnuts or cookies etc, and keep one for themselves and give the other one to the birthday boy, so they would have like 30 cakes to get through and probably not live to their next birthday! She was an insane cat lady though :)

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
In all the offices I have worked in the birthday boy (or girl) is the one who brings the cakes in. It does seem counterintuitive at first but it makes things easier - you only have to do a collection for a big occasion birthday rather than every other week.
So you are penalized by having a birthday basically. Congrats, it's your birthday, buy us all cake!

That's like abuse.
Birthday abuse. Even worse.

Last edited:

Dogs of Winter

Potential
So you are penalized by having a birthday basically. Congrats, it's your birthday, buy us all cake!

That's like abuse.
Birthday abuse. Even worse.

Yeah - pretty much !

But on the plus side

- you get to have a lie in on your birthday and if anyone asks why you are late you say you were buying cakes for everyone

- after your birthday you get free cakes every few days for the next 364 days

-people tend to buy more cakes for their own birthday than when they are buying cakes for someone else's birthday, so you don't just get one piece of cake in the morning you get to go back and eat cake all day (and the next day)

-you dont have to put up with people coming round once a week collecting money

TriBel
TriBel
"you dont have to put up with people" - you had me there. Start with that next time. 😄

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I have a huge problem with this. Why should you have to bring in cakes on your birthday. Shouldn't all the other minions be bringing in a cake for you. Is that a custom over there? You bring in the cake on your birthday?
Making you bring in a cake on your birthday is pure evil :rolleyes:

Go ahead, pound somebody into the ground like a tent peg. It will do you a world of good.
I like how you think :D

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I'm a sensitive fellow, somewhat squishy with a harder, more cynical outer shell. There's some inner-conflict going on there.

I was pretty shy whilst growing up and as a teen I developed a weight problem. Because of a minor hereditary trait a lot of the fat collected on my chest to the point that it appeared that I had breasts.
Obviously this made me self-conscious in changing rooms and led to a lot of cruel teasing from boys and girls. Also I felt like a lot of forms of exercise were out of bounds; running or swimming or sports that required a lot of movement.
This made me toughen up a lot by uni and then I joined a gym, dieted, lost the fat, bulked up some muscle and gained some much needed self-confidence so I grew out of the shyness.
Uni is much more social anyway so the experience was miles better.

:)
All that probably explains a few of my personality traits now, not just my sensitive/cynic dichotomy.

Kratos

Scooby
I’m not overly sensitive, but i have some of the characteristics. I’m in tune with people’s feelings, dislike large crowds and don’t care much for parties. One of my flaws is I can care too much and get hurt as a result.

I try to stay positive, but I can be cynical at times and make assumptions about people. Like @thetopher, there’s some inner conflict going on there.

Top Bottom