• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anybody hate Cordelia?

J

joseph

Hey guys! I have a pressing issue on my mind about Cordy, so much so that I created an account on this forum just to get your opinions.

I'm introducing Buffy and Angel to my friends now, and one thing I noticed consistently is that every one of them hates Cordelia in Angel. Granted, they haven't finish watching the series yet, but they are up to the beginning of Season 3 and they still find her annoying and stupid with a massive ego. I shudder to think what they would say once we get to the controversial Cordelia/Connor relationship in Season 4. XD

This is interesting to me because from what I can tell Cordelia is a beloved character in the fandom. So is there anyone around here who hates/does not care for Cordelia and can enlighten me why? Or have you met anyone who does not like her?
never saw angel so do not know how she was on that show but she was okay on buffy.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
I have never liked Cordelia. There are other characters, like Dawn, that annoyed me but grew on me over time but something about Cordelia is so annoying I just can't warm to her. There are characters that did things that I don't like, like Xander judging Buffy, and I can get over it. I tell myself that it is way the character is written and I'm not supposed to like her as she is the mean girl we all hated in high school. If there was one thing I could change about buffy and angel it would be getting read of cordy.
I have started to feel this way about the character several months ago. I don't count her character development as the most fulfilling. It's as if the writers never thought of her interest in clothes to be in the fashion industry. I'm not so sure why Charisma didn't just quit in Season 4 of Angel and never came back.

katmobile

Scooby
I loved parts of Cordelia in early season three like her telling Lilia in Billy that no woman who wears the mantle of vicious bitch should ensure that treatment or her entire character in Birthday. I actually think Cangel could have worked -she obviously loved him but was strong enough to tell him when he was being an idiot. Although Gordelia would have worked I can see that although Funn was kinda vital to isolate Wes so the events of season three happened. I see this with a quite a few people on here they don't really like change and development in characters they want Bangel and very other character in their little box doing what they did in the first place. It all went wrong with Cordy getting random powers and the asension which kicked off the whole season four dumpster fire arc for her. The passion of the Nerd talks about this in episodes that show you it's going to be ok video and he links to an interesting article below that called 'The Assassination of Cordelia Chase'.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
They should've took the visions away from her to keep her alive (along with her consent which makes it better), and have her leave LA to be in the fashion industry. She would've went to New York or Paris for that. She could've went to college for that. I would've liked her character for that. I didn't like her conceitedness of her visions. That was her downfall. It was like committing suicide. Her bad decisions in the series is what caused her downfall, a downfall that couldn't be made up by magically woken up from her coma for a day to end up dying for real.

Grrr Argg

Townie
I have so many feeling towards Cordi.. Obviously not the most easiest person to like on Buffy, but I always respected her and generally liked her. On angel, She really got the chance to become her own character. I loved how she evolved but she was wayyy inconsistent. One episode she would be caring and have empathy and the next she would be a senseless valley girl damsel in distress. Season 4 ruined cordi for me. I can never look at her the same way. I think I generally don't like season 4 anyways I guess. I am mostly sad when I think of her. I loved her but she just fell so hard into this downward spiral that was both creepy and weird and ruined her for me.

Top Bottom