• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anyone here Blog?

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Just wondering if anyone here blogs?
If you do what do you blog about?
Why do you blog?
How often?

For those that don't...
Is there a reason why not?

For both of those that do and don't....
Do you read other peoples blogs and if so what are they?
Can you recommend a good one to follow?

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I don't do blogs or whatnot, I'm an extremely unorganised person, and have no patience. A hot mess, basically. I doubt anyone would read my writing, as I wouldn't, and I generally don't read blogs because I don't care for hearing about other people's lives. Unless they're super interesting. Most blogs are very 'well first I got up and had a piece of toast, then I brushed my teeth, then I went to the store to buy some fish..'

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I have tried. And failed. I think I have started about 8 different blogs. But then the computer does an update or I lose my bookmarks somehow and then I forget where I was and what I wrote where. Forgetting passwords is a major issue for me. Even if I write them down, I lose the bits of paper or file I put them in. By the time I finally log on I am so stressed and twisted up that I forget what I was going to blog.

I can dribble shit forever. I think I learnt that in Geography class....

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Just like @HoppyHippy I've had my issues with starting several different blogs, writing maybe 2 or 3 posts before forgetting all about it and never returning.

As for following blogs; the only one I can think of is Fangasm, which is a Supernatural blog with episode reviews, cast/crew interviews, convention write-ups and more.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black sun/blood moon/hail hydra
Black Thorn
No, because I don't see the point. If I want to talk about stuff, I usually come here. But blogging makes me feel like I HAVE to write something. And that smacks of responsibility, which I desperately try to avoid.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
For those that don't...
Is there a reason why not?
I think I tried blogging a few times, years ago, on like LiveJournal and what not. Never got into it, turns out, I don't really like to share stuff. Or maybe I just never read other blogs enough to get the hang of it.

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
I blog on Tumblr. It's a good place to reblog gifsets and discourse. It's also a good place to share your opinions without engaging in a discussion. I post random thoughts about TV episodes I watch and shows I like. I talk about Angel, and Buffy to a lesser extent. I also get lots of asks that I reply to.
I really love my blog. It's a huge source of validation and distraction for me.

Taake
Taake
That does sound fun! You made me realize that I always associate blog with "Lifestyle blog"
FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
Same here, we pay for everything.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
A business associate of mine said, about 5 or 6 years ago, I should do a blog on SEO. Said how much money I could make, etc. It was too much like work.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I have no idea how you can make money out of blogs. Seems there are so many, how does it all work? When I had the roo, I did blog daily. Didnt even get a single reader besides a sympathy reader who I linked it to haha.

The most annoying blogs are food blogs. A billion pictures BEFORE ya get to the recipe. Why not just put that bit at the top and save me scrolling through your memories of making this recipe with your grandma.

I subscribe to one blog which comes to my email, if it didnt I would forget to check it. I like that one cos its sometimes relateable.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
No I don't really get the blogging thing so I don't have one and don't follow any. Blogs that come from a person with a genuine interest or expertise in something can be quite handy I guess, provided they're not just an advertising front.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
provided they're not just an advertising front.

Yeah, this tics me off. I search for everything on google and sometimes just hit random blogs. I get all excited about it being an experience from someone I can learn from but then it turns into advertisement. I am guessing that is where the money comes from. I feel like a few Netflix shows are like that too.

I love reading about peoples lives, especially if they are distant from mine. But I have to care about them to some degree and it doesn't happen with rando google hits. I used to read a fair few personal blogs from other BBers, but lost the links for some or permissions with those who went private. Some stopped posting all together when facebook came along. I used facebook as a blog type space - big mistake!

I tried live journal a few times, until it turned Russian on me. Free forums are not set up as well as paid for ones either. I prefer forum formats, though its hard to entice people who are not familiar with them into interaction. I journal enough offline for no one to read, I want some sort of feedback if I am actually putting thought into writing.

I sometimes will find a blog I like and devour it all in one sitting then never check it again.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Which blog hosty platform thing do you use @Nix ? Does it have a "remember my password" option? Haha.

I drew up yet another little blog plan. I realise a big part of my problem is not knowing how to navigate blog platforms. I have kept up with forums but a blog is another land to learn. The instruction videos make me motion sick, not even joking. I probably need my eyesite checked but it varies so significantly when I am in migraine mode. Is there a blog that shows you how to navigate in written form instead of video?

What sort of topics do others here blog on? I could design mine more like a diary and save BB bandwidth lol. Its a shame even live journal goes over my head to that extent. How did it even get switched to russian? I dont even know lol. Might have a play around on the laptop later. Sorta not sitting down yet.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I think there's a few things that you need to have for being able to do an at least decent blog.

First you must have something to write/talk about.
Either if you have some opinions and can do reviews or some kind of commentaries.
If not that so at least some kind of knowledge or skill to share.

You also must be able to express that in a fun / interesting matter.
Having some kind of personality will help. Especially if you do a video blog or podcast.

Last you also need the time and will to do it regularly.

I have neither of this.
It's rare that I have a strong opinion on stuff.
I'm all about the middle ground thinking everyone has a point and think most stuff are decent and don't really hate or love anything.
Which I actually think is a good stand that more should have. But it doesn't make good blog material.
Don't really have any cool skills either to show unfortunately..

I'm also not that good of a writer or talker. It was always my worse subject back in school.
Writing this stuff is hard enough for me. And I absolutely have no personality to make up for it.

Lastly, I sure as hell doesn't have the time to do it properly. lol

So no. I don't do blogs. :)

/SK

Top Bottom