• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anyone know what's going on with Buffyworld?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
They stopped responding to their URL a couple of weeks ago and now there is a notice that their domain is up for sale. There is an alternative for all TV shows but it is not complete in that it has some Buffy and Angel episodes but not all:

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
A friend from Elysian Fields - where I read/post Spuffy fic - has every Buffy and Angel episode transcript saved and sent them to me in an email. I'm sure I can do the same if it's necessary. But, yeah, she did that after the whole recent Buffyworld debacle, since I need them for ficcing.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Basically I was just going to look up Smile Time so I could slightly adapt a puppet's speech from touching the TV for lurkers to join with a remark of their street value in Hell, so just as well as I couldn't find it in order to facilitate my mischief. :p

Still, pity all the same. It's a great loss to the fandom and I hope a replacement fills the void.

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
I have all the transcripts (which are unfortunately often horribly transcribed and completely wrong as if the transcriber couldn't figure out what was being said without subs) and a majority of the actual scripts (much rarer as an Internet find--and from a dead site) on my computer. They've been going from computer to computer for over a decade!

Last edited:

spikenbuffy

"You have superpowers,that's so cool,can you fly?"
I don't know, all the original scripts are now anavailable and it sucks. I tried to read a funny scene that was in S4 ATS and it was not as good to read as Buffyworld's scripts was.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Is there any chance the Buffy Boards could download a set of scripts so we wouldn't have to go traipsing all over the internet looking for them? I am not sure of intellectual property rights but the sites listed above don't seem to be in any trouble. If not the scripts, at least download the links so we could get to the scripts.

Octavia
Octavia
Thats a good idea

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
The Wayback Machine has the Scripts archived, you can obtain them from there. But setting up some sort of central Buffyverse Fan Archive might be a good idea, especially as this stuff ages and a lot of things begin to disappear into the source.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
It looks like a takeover:

It seems they have absorbed buffyworld. But who knows how long that will last - I still think this site should have its own repository.

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
You can get all the Angel transcripts on Angel wiki (thank goodness - I'm just starting s5 in my massive season by season rewrite - I would have been ... peeved to say the least to lose all the transcripts now, when I'm so close to the end) but the Buffy one's are no where near as complete Buffy the Vampire Slayer Transcripts The Buffy transcripts are also in alphabetical order instead of season by season - which isn't necessarily very helpful depending on what you want them for.
I don't like the wiki transcripts as much as I liked the Buffyworld ones, but I think they're better than foreverdreaming. Though foreverdreaming is more comprehensive for Buffy.

Top Bottom