• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anyone think Lilah actually like Angel?.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Well yeah just watch Carpe Noctem and it's clear he turns her on. She's so obsessed with beating him and spends so much time with him that it just makes sense she would feel a little. But not on much of an emotional level.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Well yeah just watch Carpe Noctem and it's clear he turns her on. She's so obsessed with beating him and spends so much time with him that it just makes sense she would feel a little. But not on much of an emotional level.
Well...Lilah is actually a very emotional person. She just keeps it hidden. I've seen her vulnerability displayed many times, mostly through the beautiful eyes of Stephanie Romanov. :) I wouldn't be surprised if Lilah was actually in love with Angel at some point. Oooh! Fan fic alert! Somebody write this...I'm far too lazy. :p

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
I think Lilah actually respected and secretly liked Angel. He was a challenge, incorruptible, hot, intelligent, sarcastic, etc. Everything she was too. You can see it in Home, Lilah's last episode, when she helps Angel and they both share some sort of appreciative nod.

Lilah liked to attempt to destroy Angel because that was her job, but she also enjoyed the banter and riling him up. Like she proved with Wesley, Lilah didn't take her work very personally. I mean, Angel frustrated her quite a bit and she was annoyed by his goody two-shoes attitude, but she didn't really hate him or anyone else. It was just part of the job. Of course, to Angel, whose life she was ruining, things were quite different.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Well in some ways, yes. She was clearly physically attracted to Angel. She was ready to hook up in Angels office in Carpe Noctem. I think she even helped him a little against Gavin. It was a part of her job to destroy or recruit him. Unlike Kate, Lilah didn't seem to care that he was a vampire, because she works with demons all the time.

nxGangrel

Totally not checkin' you out B
I think in a way they kinda needed each other. Like the God and Devil dynamic, where they used each other and each others actions for their own missions. I think maybe Lilah was a bit fond of Angel in some ways, but I don't think she had feelings of him.

Andreana22

Potential
I just watched carpe noctem for the first time. She never acted like she was attracted to Angel before, but at one point he says, "don't tell me you haven't thought about it", and you can see her wheels turning. She must have fantasized at some point about him. Then she had a little too much to drink and well, Angel is really good looking and kind of a dangerous bad boy. It's funny, she kind of looked like she was thinking about all this and then she kind of shrugs and jumps him. I laughed so hard. :)

It would have been interesting if the show had let them develop feelings for each other. She was holding out an olive branch partly because she went a little too far with Cordy and partly because she didn't like her coworker horning in on her project. But if he had just thanked her and maybe they had talked and made a connection, who knows. ;)

Last edited:

thrasherpix

Scooby
I think she showed a clear sign of this in The Ring where she bought out his contract...that doesn't sound easy to do, especially as he'd already become a thorn to W&H by that time. I'm sure she justified it as he was necessary for the prophecy, but I don't think she would've tried to free him if she didn't like him (at least find him hot) on some level.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Physically yep, and emotionally (or however you want to put it) he was both incorruptable/good AND sexy dangerous by turns and I think that was a draw for her, the way that she couldn't entirely figure him out.

And then we see that she went for Wesley when he got a little bit dark and dangerous....

Top Bottom