• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anyone think Willow was forgiven to quickly in something blue?.

Benz

Potential
I get she had no control and didn’t realise what she was doing but I mean they all could be killed .

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
She baked cookies!

I would have liked to see it referenced again later though.

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
No. I do, however think that Willow was forgiven way too quickly in Seasons 6&7. It's frickin ridiculous!!!

Priceless

Scooby
Willow made a mistake when she was depressed and not thinking straight. If your friends don't forgive you at those moments, they're not really your friends. But I do also think that this was a sign of things to come with Willow and the others don't recognise it because they are her friends and find it easy to forgive her.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Willow was always quickly forgiven for all of her transgressions because she was spunky and funny.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Think the show works better when things are automatically forgiven and forgotten between episodes.

I mean, it happens a ridiculous amount of things. Every other week someone messes up and does something stupid.
Most of them is better to just ignore so we can go on with the next episode.

/SK

S
Spanky
That's exactly why I can't rewatch the show. Didn't bother me as much then but now it feels almost "sitcomy" how fallout is handled.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I think "Something Blue" is a lot like "The Wish" in that the people making the wish had no idea that what they said was going to actually happen. She would be eligible to be forgiven since she did not realize it was a spell nor did she intend her words to be carried out. The spell that she did cast had lasting results - Spuffy became the dominant romance for the rest of the series, Xander remained a demon magnet with his romance with Anya, his kidnapping by Lissa and his eventual marriage to Dawn in the comics and Giles remained behind the power curve in everything he did thereafter with the exception of opposing Willow herself with "I'd like to test that theory".

The last we see of the original computer geek Willow is in "Gone" when she uses her computer skills to save Buffy from disintegration even though a spell would have been faster and time was of the essence.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Yes. At the very least, Giles should have chewed her out for misusing magic, since Dark Willow was in the early planning stages.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Yes. At the very least, Giles should have chewed her out for misusing magic, since Dark Willow was in the early planning stages.
I think the scoobies were still tiptoeing around Willow over Oz leaving her so I can see why they would be so quick to forgive her.

Top Bottom