• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Does anyone understand the point of the scene with the Beljoxa's eye?

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
All I can think of is that this was merely a way of justifying why the First hadn’t tried taking over the world before.

Did the message mean more than that? Am I missing something?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I cant think of more now than what you have stated but it did feel like there should have been more to it. We did need to know the reason that the First hadn't made a move pre Buffys death, so an all seeing eye telling them the story made some sense. But yeah, seems like there should have been more to it.

r2dh2
r2dh2
Thanks for the input. I've always felt that I'm missing something from the message, but maybe I'm not.

Stephan

It's a great show. But no need to get all riled up
That's a nice little theory. I always assumed that it was wasted time.

punchkicker15

Townie
I thought of it as revealing the longest-term repercussion of the resurrection. The shortest-term repercussion was the hitchhiker demon in After Life, and the medium-term repercussion was Buffy's depression.

But since Anya was given like one line of response to that revelation, and none of the other participants in the resurrection ever found out (at least not on-screen), it's yet another potential source of drama that was squandered in S7.

r2dh2
r2dh2
Ok, I can buy that.

vampmogs

Townie
Yeah, it seemed like a dropped plot point to me.

It could've just been intended to be exposition and nothing more but as punchkicker15 says, it was very strange that they'd reveal this but not show Willow, Xander or especially Buffy's reaction to this. It would have added a really interesting layer to Buffy's relationship with The Potentials if she felt that her existence was the reason they were in danger. Instead we don't even find out if Buffy knows about this 👎

Cohen

Warrior
These are great theories. Season 7 just tried to do too much without any buildup. I mean they had time for buildup but it should have been an two-season long arc. This could have added to the drama for sure!

white avenger

white avenger
All I can think of is that this was merely a way of justifying why the First hadn’t tried taking over the world before.
I always thought that they should have somehow made a connection between the First Evil's motives in trying to kill Angel in Season 3 and its using Spike in Season 7. The only times that it shows up in Sunnydale, it targets a vampire with a soul. There should have been some special significance in that, and, even if there weren't, someone, Giles, most likely, should have at least mentioned the possibility.

r2dh2
r2dh2
This is a good point. I hadn't thought about it.
Top Bottom