• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anyone wish Cordelia stayed on Buffy?.

Priceless

Scooby
Cordelia is one of my favourite characters and I really missed her. I understand why the writers felt she had to go over to Angel, but it left a gaping hole in Sunnydale, which they tried to fill with Anya. I did come to like Anya, but to me she is just an attempt to copy Cordelia's defining characteristic; always speaking her mind.

It makes me sad that her move to Angel led to her eventual downfall as a character, which would never have happened if she's stayed on BtVS. The treatment of Cordelia is one of the reasons I don't watch Angel.

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
Actually I loved Cordy in Angel... I thought it was great watching her go from the Cordy we all knew into something quite grown up and different. It gave her character movement and progression for me. SO no, I guess I'm glad she moved onto Angel.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Cordelia would have ended up pregnant during the last season of Buffy. "Feminist" Joss would have still treated her the same. If she had been married to Xander at the time they could have played her as pregnant and made use of the fact and made her death more poignant (Joss would have still killed her).

VisionBoy

Scooby
Sineya
I understand missing that original Sunnydale High dynamic, but I'm glad she moved to LA. It just seemed natural to me that Cordelia would be outta there right after graduation... the way she talked about Sunnydale, it definitely didn't seem like she'd be sticking around and she no longer had family to stay for. Plus I feel like at least one of them should have moved away.

Late season 3- Season 4 is rough and had she been left at the end of season 4, I might agree more. However, with "You're Welcome" and "After the Fall", I feel like they made up for it at least a bit and gave her an ending that, in my opinion, is one of the best conclusions a character has gotten in the verse.

Besides, she could still be ruined on BtVS, maybe it would've been even worse, who knows?

Mr Trick

Scooby
The crossover between her and Xander was one of the missed opportuties. Even if the relationship was to be no more it still made sense for them to at least keep in contact or to meet up once in awhile. Xander visiting her in L.A. or maybe more likely Cordy visiting Sunnydale would have added something.

Think it was good for Cordelia moving shows. It added something a little different to Angel as a show and it meant that the character had fresh possiblities. The only thing is maybe she could have stayed on Buffy one season more. I think she worked better on Buffy overall, but I'm still glad she made the switch. Its just a shame how things ended for her.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
To quote Cordelia: "Sunnydale's so far away that you can't afford a phone call?"

The distance between Sunnydale and LA is definitely less than 200 miles. Traveling between cities on a weekly basis is nothing. She should appear in both shows.:p

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I always thought Sunnydale was about 2 hours north of LA

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I enjoy Cordy more on Buffy but I think it was the right choice for the character to nice to Angel and grow as a person. There was nothing left for her in Sunnydale. Anya tried to replace her but I have other problems with Anya.

I just wish she would have returned to Buffy just so they all could see how each other grown up. I'd like a heartfelt moment between her and Xander. Something like that she's happy that he's happy with Anya. Or better yet they fall in love and get married instead. Lol.

sosa lola

Scooby
I wouldn't have minded if she came back to Sunnydale for Xander's wedding and stayed there. Xander impregnating Cordelia and them having to deal with it in S7 could have given both characters something to do rather than have Cordelia being possessed for a season long and Xander doing nothing for a season long.

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
I wouldn't have minded if she came back to Sunnydale for Xander's wedding and stayed there. Xander impregnating Cordelia and them having to deal with it in S7 could have given both characters something to do rather than have Cordelia being possessed for a season long and Xander doing nothing for a season long.
Not a bad idea! Another pregnancy for Cordelia though? Well, at least this time the baby would be human... or not... Cordy is half demon. Would the baby be a quarter demon?

Mr Trick

Scooby
That could have worked yes. Timing would be about right too. Since Cordy peaked about mid-season 3 on Angel and with Fred becoming a regular core cast memeber then I think she could have switched back to Buffy till the end of the show's run and tried to patch things up with Xander.

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
Since Cordy peaked about mid-season 3 on Angel and with Fred becoming a regular core cast memeber then I think she could have switched back to Buffy till the end of the show's run and tried to patch things up with Xander.
The show would only have 1 female regular and 4 male regulars (or 5 with Lorne)! I think Cordy should have stayed on Angel, but they should have given her a different arc. I like the Jasmine arc, just not how it came to be. I don't think Cordelia needed to have sex with Connor for this to happen or, even if she did, she could have been possessed mid season only. We could have had our good ole Cordy for half a season, then possessed Cordy for 1 or 2 episodes, then Jasmine and Cordy in a coma and finally Cordy again. Frankly though, I can't imagine her in Angel season 5.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The show would only have 1 female regular and 4 male regulars (or 5 with Lorne)! I think Cordy should have stayed on Angel, but they should have given her a different arc. I like the Jasmine arc, just not how it came to be. I don't think Cordelia needed to have sex with Connor for this to happen or, even if she did, she could have been possessed mid season only. We could have had our good ole Cordy for half a season, then possessed Cordy for 1 or 2 episodes, then Jasmine and Cordy in a coma and finally Cordy again. Frankly though, I can't imagine her in Angel season 5.
Good point. But then I don't think they need to balance up the genders just to prove a point. If moving Cordy to Buffy would keep her character fresh then I don't see the issue with it. It does make sense than she would complete her arc in Sunnydale where it started.

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
But then I don't think they need to balance up the genders just to prove a point.
It's not to prove a point, it's equality.

If moving Cordy to Buffy would keep her character fresh then I don't see the issue with it. It does make sense than she would complete her arc in Sunnydale where it started.
I think her small arc on Buffy was practically reset in season 3 after the Xander/Cordy breakup. Her arc on Angel had nothing to do with Buffy, it was an Angel arc, like Wesley's. It started with Doyle and then the overload of visions. The only Angel arc that started on Buffy was Angel's.

Mr Trick

Scooby
It's not to prove a point, it's equality.

I think her small arc on Buffy was practically reset in season 3 after the Xander/Cordy breakup. Her arc on Angel had nothing to do with Buffy, it was an Angel arc, like Wesley's. It started with Doyle and then the overload of visions. The only Angel arc that started on Buffy was Angel's.
To prove a point in other words;)

Maybe, but I still think there was unfinished business between her and Xander. It would have made sense for them to have met up again after sometime and distance apart as both would be quite different people. I was never a fan of visions storyline. Yes it gave Cordy greater purpose and was a personally connection from Doyle which impacted the other characters. But it still felt gimmicky to me and was the first small step of the writers trying to make the character too dark and different.

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
To prove a point in other words;)
I don't equal representation of both genders to prove any point, but because I want to live in a equal society and because the Hollywood industry is not at all equal.

Maybe, but I still think there was unfinished business between her and Xander. It would have made sense for them to have met up again after sometime and distance apart as both would be quite different people. I was never a fan of visions storyline. Yes it gave Cordy greater purpose and was a personally connection from Doyle which impacted the other characters. But it still felt gimmicky to me and was the first small step of the writers trying to make the character too dark and different.
It happened too long ago. People leave unfinished business often, in particular, when it's a high school romance. They should have resolved the issue in season 3 or, at best, season 4. After that it was too late. I don't think the visions made the character dark. It was only mid season 3 when that started to happen and both shows made the characters progressively darker anyway, Angel more so in the end. Also, in season 3, they made Cordy the mother of the group and that is disrespecting the character in my opinion.
I would have liked to have a full crossover between the fang gang and the scooby gang - one or two episodes would be enough to give Xander/Cordy closure.

sosa lola

Scooby
Not a bad idea! Another pregnancy for Cordelia though? Well, at least this time the baby would be human... or not... Cordy is half demon. Would the baby be a quarter demon?
Since CC got pregnant it isn't avoidable. Perhaps they can make the baby have some demonic powers.

The show would only have 1 female regular and 4 male regulars (or 5 with Lorne)!.
They could upgrade Lilah or Gwen to regulars. AtS has compelling female characters with better chances for a great storyline than Cordelia.

Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
Since CC got pregnant it isn't avoidable. Perhaps they can make the baby have some demonic powers.
Yeah, I was ignoring that. You're right.

They could upgrade Lilah or Gwen to regulars. AtS has compelling female characters with better chances for a great storyline than Cordelia.
I agree with Lilah but I never cared about Gwen.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I don't equal representation of both genders to prove any point, but because I want to live in a equal society and because the Hollywood industry is not at all equal.

It happened too long ago. People leave unfinished business often, in particular, when it's a high school romance. They should have resolved the issue in season 3 or, at best, season 4. After that it was too late. I don't think the visions made the character dark. It was only mid season 3 when that started to happen and both shows made the characters progressively darker anyway, Angel more so in the end. Also, in season 3, they made Cordy the mother of the group and that is disrespecting the character in my opinion.
I would have liked to have a full crossover between the fang gang and the scooby gang - one or two episodes would be enough to give Xander/Cordy closure.
But to make it too much about gender is short changing either genders. If Cordy no longer serves a purpose in the story (which imo she didn't) then I think it makes sense to freshen things up. I would say the same if it was a male character. If this was one early seasons then I would be more in agreement with you. But by this stage Cordy has already made the sucessful transation to Angel and made an impact on that show. Don't forget there was also Lilah who was a strong character on Angel at this point.

Will have to agree to differ on that point. I'm not saying that Cordy and Xander need to get back together. Just that given their past and different routes since then it would make sense at some point for them to meet back up. It feels more realistic to me if they did it later on than sooner.

Not a bad idea on your last suggestion I would have liked to have seen that maybe too.

Top Bottom