• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anyone wish Cordelia stayed on Buffy?.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
What would she want in LA and at Angel's Investigations?

What do you think!
When she initially fled the first apocalypse (at the end of S3) she could have went to LA in search of a mate, since Xander rebuked her, then it could have followed a similar course as Cordy's. An 'evil scumbag' tells her she should be in pictures, he turns out to be a vampire and Angel comes to save the day, realizing then that "hey I know you. I'm here to save you" and her saying "I'm not a damsel in distress but a centuries old vengeance demon that doesn't need the help of a man" just as Russell is about to kill her and Angel stops him and she says, okay, maybe I do. The beats could play out nearly identical to Cordys.

Furthermore, seeing the interactions between Anya and Doyle would have been priceless. They both would have been shagging, as neither had to worry about the 'demon thing' between them thus making Doyle's death even more tragic. Anya would have lost a lover as opposed to Cordy just losing a work friend.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
That would have be. Very catching & heart breaking too.

Cordeliagirl

Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.
Sineya
Considering what happened to her on Angel, yes I do. In general though I wasn't really sad to see her go at the time, but last time I watched a season 3 and then a season 4 episode I really missed having her around. Buffy needed her straight-talk.
I agree wih u, i was upset that they kill my favorite character cordelia and let her die on Angel show

It's really quite simple. Anya was, for the most part, a demon trapped in the human world. Buffy/Sunnydale was a more metaphoric form of storytelling, one in which the general public was oblivious to those type of things. Angel/LA was more literal. Stories spoke of literal demons and monsters, and while not always understanding them, the general public knew they were there. By shifting Anya from Buffy to Angel would really allow the character room to grow and explore what is was like to initially turn your back on humanity (as Auld into Anyanka) and then reembrace it (as Anyanka into Anya). In a way Anya's journey could mirror that of Liam/Angelus/Angel. It would also allow her previous vengeance victims to make reappearances (for something other than comedy moments). It would allow Anya to become three-dimensional and actually have character growth.

Cordy could still have growth on Buffy as she was progressing towards than when she went to LA.

Now. Tell me, Foxy. Why do you think she should not have been placed on Angel?
I love that idea, how cordelia help angel with demons.

Last edited:

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
When she initially fled the first apocalypse (at the end of S3) she could have went to LA in search of a mate, since Xander rebuked her, then it could have followed a similar course as Cordy's. An 'evil scumbag' tells her she should be in pictures, he turns out to be a vampire and Angel comes to save the day, realizing then that "hey I know you. I'm here to save you" and her saying "I'm not a damsel in distress but a centuries old vengeance demon that doesn't need the help of a man" just as Russell is about to kill her and Angel stops him and she says, okay, maybe I do. The beats could play out nearly identical to Cordys.

Furthermore, seeing the interactions between Anya and Doyle would have been priceless. They both would have been shagging, as neither had to worry about the 'demon thing' between them thus making Doyle's death even more tragic. Anya would have lost a lover as opposed to Cordy just losing a work friend.
I would have loved to see the interactions between Doyle and Anya. They could have played it a bit longer.

Imagine the interactions between Wesley and Anya!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I would have loved to see the interactions between Doyle and Anya. They could have played it a bit longer.

Imagine the interactions between Wesley and Anya!
I can think of one girl (chained up in Wesley's closet) who would be more than willing to make a wish against Wesley.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
That's true Justine would make a vengeance wish against Wesley :D

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
But isn't this because Anya was literally made to be a replacement of Cordelia?
Yes, that's why Anya could easily slide in and replace Cordy. Granted, the Anya we have in S3 is more of a 'normal' Anya and subsequent seasons she has her own little human amnesia, but both of them tick the same boxes. Now that talking about it would much rather Anya be on Angel en lieu of Cordy.

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Yes, that's why Anya could easily slide in and replace Cordy. Granted, the Anya we have in S3 is more of a 'normal' Anya and subsequent seasons she has her own little human amnesia, but both of them tick the same boxes. Now that talking about it would much rather Anya be on Angel en lieu of Cordy.
How would Cordelia have developed on Buffy then? I would have liked to see her take over the magic shop and try to Cordify the place, but what could have been done with her character?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
How would Cordelia have developed on Buffy then? I would have liked to see her take over the magic shop and try to Cordify the place, but what could have been done with her character?
She would have been forced to work, thus teaching her humility. Seeing how there really wasn't much grasp on reality on the show, make Cordy do community service as reparations for the debts, thus she have various odd jobs each humiliating her more and more until finally Giles gives in and lets her take over the magic shop and try to Cordify the place. Her and Xander would continue to date, as Cordy realized what kind of man he was since he got her the prom dress, but ultimately she would leave him at the altar when she discovers her family had a windfall and she is rich again! She would crush Xander's heart, while turning into the rich vapid bitca she used to be (akin to Anya becoming a vengeance demon again) only for her to realize she doesn't like that person anymore. Again, you could take very similar beats to what happened with Anya and have it play out with Cordy. Even as she worked at the magic shop she could be the one helping Giles hold off Willow with the spells. When you look at it they really could be interchangeable.

Foxy
Foxy
You have given me a lot to think about. Very nicely put.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I really like what Mr Pole said . He seems to have put some effort into it & I for one thanks him for putting that scenario out there

ChaseRules

Sineya
No Tara needs to stay on Buffy. Beside Tara in LA wouldn't be the same.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I don't know about her but I ship Buffy with Cordelia myself myself.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I don't think Cordelia should've stayed on buffy, but I do think she should've come back for a visit that would enable her to fight alongside the scoobies once again before she headed back to LA.

Top Bottom