• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anyone wish Cordelia stayed on Buffy?.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I don't think Cordelia should've stayed on buffy, but I do think she should've come back for a visit that would enable her to fight alongside the scoobies once again before she headed back to LA.
Yeah, that was one of the most disappointing things on Buffy because Angel came back quite a few times, so clearly they could have worked it into Charisma's schedule. And usually every character that leaves gets a dramatic comeback but Cordi never got one on Buffy. (Though she did get one on Angel)

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
But they also killed her off :(

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
I don't wish Cordy stayed on Buffy. Cordy was great in those first few seasons of Angel; she grew so much as a character. She would never have got that growth on Buffy. :)

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Buffy struck out with them all. That could be one reason Buffy won't date Xander :D

Cordeliagirl

Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.
Sineya
No, she wouldn't have gotten the chance to develop as much as she did if she would stay, characters generally get more development on Angel than on Buffy...
I perfer Anya on Angel,so she can help Angel with Demon Knowledege and have a vision like Doyle.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Same here :)

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
No, she wouldn't have gotten the chance to develop as much as she did if she would stay, characters generally get more development on Angel than on Buffy...
Why do you say that ?

Cordeliagirl

Sineya
Also i dont like what they did with Cordelia on Angel, having her become half demon, vision pain, possessed by jasminem coma, die from having coma. Also thiey did something cool, having her as queen of Plyea, but perfer her as Amazon Queen or Amazon princess.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Anya can take over for Cordelia on Angel.
I feel like Anya would really year Angel and Wesley's patience. Lol. But I think the reason Cordelia works is because of past with Angel and Wes on Buffy. Anya doesn't really even know them.
I perfer Anya on Angel,so she can help Angel with Demon Knowledege and have a vision like Doyle.
If Anya stayed a vengeance demon then she could have maybe handled the visions better than Cordy.

I think Anya could have worked on sngek But they would have had to take her character in a different direction than they did on Buffy, and I'm OK with that.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
She is perfect on Angel, I think she might have gotten lost in the cast on Buffy.
She wouldn't have really fit in the Scooby gang post season 3. It kind of felt that the only reason she was a member at all was because they were forced to interact due to being in high school together. When they weren't forced together, I doubt Cordy would've given them the time of day. You also have the history and bad break up with Xander as a reason why Cordy might've avoided the group. Buffy and Willow are two of the "core" Scoobies and, as shown over the incident where Xander jilted Anya at the altar, they are strictly "Pro-Xander".

Whilst it makes sense that Cordy would leave Sunnydale given the chance and coincidentally find herself in LA alongside Angel, it feel kind of like a plot hole that Cordy couldn't afford to buy her own prom dress yet somehow had enough money to leave town and get herself an apartment in LA. Even crappy apartments aren't cheap. I also didn't like Cangel because it felt like Cordy was moving in on "Buffy's" man whilst Buffy's back was turned because of the history the three share.

I think Cordy may have been better off staying in Sunnydale but in a recurring capacity. She wouldn't be in every episode but every now and again the scoobies would encounter her.

Cordeliagirl

Sineya
She wouldn't have really fit in the Scooby gang post season 3. It kind of felt that the only reason she was a member at all was because they were forced to interact due to being in high school together. When they weren't forced together, I doubt Cordy would've given them the time of day. You also have the history and bad break up with Xander as a reason why Cordy might've avoided the group. Buffy and Willow are two of the "core" Scoobies and, as shown over the incident where Xander jilted Anya at the altar, they are strictly "Pro-Xander".

Whilst it makes sense that Cordy would leave Sunnydale given the chance and coincidentally find herself in LA alongside Angel, it feel kind of like a plot hole that Cordy couldn't afford to buy her own prom dress yet somehow had enough money to leave town and get herself an apartment in LA. Even crappy apartments aren't cheap. I also didn't like Cangel because it felt like Cordy was moving in on "Buffy's" man whilst Buffy's back was turned because of the history the three share.

I think Cordy may have been better off staying in Sunnydale but in a recurring capacity. She wouldn't be in every episode but every now and again the scoobies would encounter her.
I agree with you, she is should be better be on Buffy then Angel show, im Pro Cander and Con Cangel.

Btw, I dont like Angel with Cordelia, but like him with Buffy, and like Xander with Cordelia

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I honestly see it both ways. I couldn't imagine Angel without Cordelia, but at the same time, it would be interesting to see what her character would have become on later seasons of Buffy.

I seriously want to a read a well-written, well-plotted fanfic where she sticks around right now :D

S Rou

Potential
I don't miss Cordy in season 4 onwards. People often say that Anya, and especially Tara, are outsiders to the scoobies - only there because of their respective romances with Xander and Willow. To me, Cordelia feels like much more of an outsider than either of them. Anya sort of gives off this vibe in season 4, but by season 5 she's a core member, like Tara (this is my opinion, I know others disagree and respect their reasons). Cordelia on the other hand, never got past "Anya in season 4" territory. She just wasn't part of the gang. She was around a lot, she had a relationship with Xander for some of the time, but she never felt like part of the gang and more importantly, she never felt like she really wanted to be part of the gang. Sure, she'd help out if she could and/or had to, but she just wasn't that interested to make it the main part of her life.
I agree with what you say about Anya and Tara. It really is true. People don't give them enough credit.

I think what it is is that when it was cordy and oz before them, the Scoobies had such a highschool clique type feeling to them... But this "closeness" isn't really even all that close. Did cordy really actually care about buffy, willow, and oz? Probably to some extent, but nonwhere near the point they cared about each other. And as far as Oz goes, I always felt like he was a third wheel. People say he was so "amazing" and stuff, but was he really? His only purpose on the show was being Willow's boyfriend. He barely contributed anything to the plot. I found him to be such a filler character.

Tara and Anya were much more involved and brought a more adult feel to the show. They brought a lot of knowledge about magic and demons and were actually really truly in love with Willow and Xander, respectively, in an adult kind of way. Contrastingly, cordy and oz were just high school teen romances.

I would like it if cordy came back to Buffy instead of dying or whatever, though. I think cordy belongs with Doyle. It's a shame they killed him off.

Last edited:

white avenger

white avenger
Here's one to keep you up at night. Cordy stayed in Sunnydale and reconciled with Xander, and fully human Anya winds up in LA to become Angel's associate. She wouldn't have had the adverse reactions to receiving Doyle's vision power due to being a former demon herself, and the experience helps in having a maturing effect on her, much the way that it did on Cordy. That way, there wouldn't have been any reason that she and Angel to not be together quite happily.

Anyone care to ship Anyangel?

Top Bottom