• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does anyone wish Cordelia stayed on Buffy?.

Tez

Townie
Cordelia is one of my favourite characters and I really missed her. I understand why the writers felt she had to go over to Angel, but it left a gaping hole in Sunnydale, which they tried to fill with Anya. I did come to like Anya, but to me she is just an attempt to copy Cordelia's defining characteristic; always speaking her mind.

It makes me sad that her move to Angel led to her eventual downfall as a character, which would never have happened if she's stayed on BtVS. The treatment of Cordelia is one of the reasons I don't watch Angel.
Probly would've happened sooner being that her downfall as a character was due to her falling out with joss and joss was more involved with buffy than angel untill season 3/4 when David greenwalt left I felt she should've at least got a goodbye scene though made a bigger deal she just dissapeared

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I love Cordelia on Buffy but I loved Cordelia even more on Angel & just due to Season 4. Her character was not ruined. She didn't have a great season but that didn't cancel out all the great moments she delivered imo.
Cordelia evolved on Angel & got a lot more focus with the smaller cast. She grew so much& I'm so proud of her & I love/ship Cangel & that was really only possible on Angel.
You're Welcome is Cordy's best episode ever so overall
No I'm glad she moved on although I wish she did guest appearances on Buffy

AnthonyCordova

Harmony Battlecruiser
Sineya
There was no where left for Cordelia to go on Buffy. By the end of S3 she had split from the scoobie group, and it was clear she didn't want any part of them any longer. Her time with that group was finished. Prolonging everything beyond S3 would have been pointless and forced. Meanwhile, Angel was a perfect place for her to land, and a better group of people to grow with.

It depends, I would have to know what they would have done with Cordie after graduation if she was going to stay on Buffy. Obviously, she falls into Xander's boat, her best days were behind her, and switching her to a post High School Persona would have been difficult if she had gone to UC Sunnydale or took a part time job. I think sending her to LA was probably the best bet. Now, let's be clear about something. She should have come back for a day trip, or to visit her mother, or shown up in "Restless" or "The Body" Christmas Dinner or Joyce's Funeral in "Forever" or at least some contact with the Scoobies, but that could be said of both shows. I mean, now, we would probably have season long arcs where characters crossed over weekly, but then, cross-overs were seen as gimmicky.

Primal Slayer

Did I Fall Asleep?
While Cordelia got great development by being spun off to Angel, if she had remained on Buffy I wouldn't have minded. They had to bring in characters to fill her void so she was essentially important to the DNA of the series. She still could have grown and she probably would have gotten back with Xander. But I did find it to be BS that she never was able to reunite with the Sunnydale crew.

The crossover between her and Xander was one of the missed opportuties. Even if the relationship was to be no more it still made sense for them to at least keep in contact or to meet up once in awhile. Xander visiting her in L.A. or maybe more likely Cordy visiting Sunnydale would have added something.
I had always wished for a crossover similar to Triangle, but rather than Willow, it would have been Cordy. Even to see Xander on Angel would have been really different!

Top Bottom