• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Does Bufffy ever find out about Connor?

GraceK

Grr Arrg
So I haven't read the comics, although I have tried my best to keep up with some
Stuff. Does Buffy ever find out about Connor being Angels son?

And on a related note, do any of the scoobies ever find out what happened to Cordelia?

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I wish the Scoobies found out about Cordy but I don't think they do. :(

I'm sure Buffy knows about Connor, since Willow meets him and calls him Angel's androgynous son lol. I'd imagine they didn't mention it on Buffy S7 cos it'd be too long and difficult to deal with for Buffy fans who didn't watch Angel, and just unnecessary to the plot. But I love those wee unanswered questions - need more crossovers.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
So I haven't read the comics, although I have tried my best to keep up with some
Stuff. Does Buffy ever find out about Connor being Angels son?

And on a related note, do any of the scoobies ever find out what happened to Cordelia?
Far as I know Buffy has never even uttered the word 'Connor'. We assume she knows because Willow did. But we can't say for sure. Willow and Faith however go on adventures with him a lot.

As to Cordelia, I remember she was mentioned in S8. But I suppressed most of that Season by now and I don't remember if it was mentioned that she was dead. Anyone?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I think it was a missed opportunity for Buffy not to find out in Season 7; she could've had a great comedy scene with Willow as Willow told her, and then asked Angel about it later.
But...we couldn't have that because apparently S7 Buffy at that time would've just looked blankly at Willow and asked: 'What has that got to do with Spike and/or The First? Because that's my entire character right now.' :p

But I suppressed most of that Season by now and I don't remember if it was mentioned that she was dead. Anyone?
Buffy mentions that Cordelia's dead in a dream-flashback episode ('Right Back After These Messages' I think) in S8, she tells Willow not to worry about stuff because in the future Willow is an awesome witch and Cordelia ends up dead.
Yes, she really said that.

GraceK
GraceK
Wow she really said that? :(

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Buffy mentions that Cordelia's dead in a dream-flashback episode ('Right Back After These Messages' I think) in S8, she tells Willow not to worry about stuff because in the future Willow is an awesome witch and Cordelia ends up dead.
Oh thank God I'm good at cleaning my brain of crap. Just seeing that right there assures me that my Dawnverse!Buffy hate is justified.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
That's a really sick thing to say :eek: I've just lost a bit of respect/love for Buffy.

Cordeliagirl

Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.
Sineya
I think it was a missed opportunity for Buffy not to find out in Season 7; she could've had a great comedy scene with Willow as Willow told her, and then asked Angel about it later.
But...we couldn't have that because apparently S7 Buffy at that time would've just looked blankly at Willow and asked: 'What has that got to do with Spike and/or The First? Because that's my entire character right now.' :p
How dare Buffy say that abouth my character Cordelia and never say everything bad about Williow.

That's a really sick thing to say :eek: I've just lost a bit of respect/love for Buffy.
I lost respect of Buffy, she shouldnt talk about Cordelia thay way, i agree with Athene.

thetopher

Sineya
Oh thank God I'm good at cleaning my brain of crap. Just seeing that right there assures me that my Dawnverse!Buffy hate is justified.
That's a really sick thing to say
How dare Buffy say that abouth my character Cordelia
In Buffy's (slight) defence she thinks she's in a weird Season 1-esque dream where she's back in Sunnydale and nothing is therefore 'real'. She's making a dumb joke.
But by the same token comics-Buffy is just kinda like that anyway. Callous, thoughtless, self-absorbed; if you're not one of her inner circle she really doesn't care.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
In Buffy's (slight) defence she thinks she's in a weird Season 1-esque dream where she's back in Sunnydale and nothing is therefore 'real'. She's making a dumb joke.
But by the same token comics-Buffy is just kinda like that anyway. Callous, thoughtless, self-absorbed; if you're not one of her inner circle she really doesn't care.
It's just the most odd and callous way I've seen somebody be consoled in the buffyverse. Death is not something to be joked about no matter how much you dislike the person you're talking about :(

thetopher

Sineya
It's just the most odd and callous way I've seen somebody be consoled in the buffyverse.
Ah, Buffy is consoling Season 1 Willow. S1 Willow is upset because Season 1 Cordelia is being...well, Season 1 Cordelia, and Buffy goes 'well, look on the bright side, in the future you might be a cool super-witch and she might be dead.' or words to that effect

Back on topic- I'm sure that Buffy knows that Angel has a son now (Xander mentioned Connor's more unstable actions during his S10 reunion with Angel) but there's no reaction from her whatsoever.
It's just; no reaction to Cordy's death from the Scoobies, no reaction to Fred's passing from Willow; nothing about Wesley dying, basically in the Buffy-verse comics none of the Angel characters ever matter so they're ignored.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Ah, Buffy is consoling Season 1 Willow. S1 Willow is upset because Season 1 Cordelia is being...well, Season 1 Cordelia, and Buffy goes 'well, look on the bright side, in the future you might be a cool super-witch and she might be dead.' or words to that effect

Back on topic- I'm sure that Buffy knows that Angel has a son now (Xander mentioned Connor's more unstable actions during his S10 reunion with Angel) but there's no reaction from her whatsoever.
It's just; no reaction to Cordy's death from the Scoobies, no reaction to Fred's passing from Willow; nothing about Wesley dying, basically in the Buffy-verse comics none of the Angel characters ever matter so they're ignored.
To be fair I couldn't be less interested in seeing Buffy's reaction to Connor because he's not really anything to do with her, he's Angel/Darla's son. He's nothing to do with his father's ex girlfriend really. It would have been nice if the deaths of Wes and Cordy were brought up though.

thetopher
thetopher
True.
FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
I beg to differ.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Considering that Buffy believed that Spike is a better person than her father in season ten, I'm not surprised about what she said about Cordy. I never really viewed Buffy and Cordy as being friends, despite Cordelia being part of the Scooby gang for a short while via the Xander membership pass. Cordelia still came off as a bully post-Xander and guessing that reminded Buffy of how horrible she was at the start.

I mean, people were dropping like flies in Sunnydale. Only person's death Buffy ever mourned was her mother's and Angel's. Apart from that, was just another day, hence the lack of emotion.

How dare Buffy say that abouth my character Cordelia and never say everything bad about Williow.
That's because Willow is undoubtedly Buffy's best friend. I'd go as far to say platonic soulmates. They always come back to one another, despite whatever fight they have or something they disagree on, but they will always be there for each other without hesitation, even if it can be in a cruel way.

Priceless
Priceless
Great to see they are back to best friends in S11

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
That's because Willow is undoubtedly Buffy's best friend. I'd go as far to say platonic soulmates. They always come back to one another, despite whatever fight they have or something they disagree on, but they will always be there for each other without hesitation, even if it can be in a cruel way.
Indeed, even Dark Willow took time out from her revenge mission to get the bullet out of Buffy.....ok she then used it on Warren, but she still helped save Buffy first!

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
I was thinking more of season ten when they drift apart, have a fight about each other's beliefs, make up and go eat ice cream together.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I didn't expect Buffy to really care that Cordy had died but to joke about it is just cruel. :eek:

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
It's like AtS never existed. Whedon got the property away from IDW only to obliterate it completely. Along with Angel's character.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Buffy and the others joke about Snyder dying, and even what's-his-name before Snyder. I mean, I get it that they weren't close to the principals as they were to Cordy, but I generally don't see them as being friends.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
It would have been great if she had gotten to find out on screen, I mean it's a pretty big deal. Another reason it's a shame that the shows ended up on different networks and crossovers became really taboo.

Top Bottom