• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does Buffy ever found out?

jKpink

Townie
Hi, I'm new so not sure if this is the right place for this question but here it goes...

Does Buffy ever finds outr about what happenned in "I will remember you"? I mean, if Angel ever told her, in the comics or whatever, I couldn't read them all yet.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Prison visit. Angel and Faith have a connection. Angel told Doyle so he very well might, especially after Buffy dies, tell Faith all about the Oracles and the lost day and his choice and so forth.

Makes sense to me.

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
I thought that Wes was the only one that Angel ever told about that. When did he tell Faith, and, for that matter, why? That's not something that would come up in any sort of normal conversation.
Angel told Doyle, and Doyle told Cordy. I don't think Wesley ever knew, but I could be wrong about that.

Angel told Faith in the comics.

Last edited:

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
Nope. Buffy never found out about the events of IWRY and I had no idea Faith found out until I came into this thread.
That would make Faith the only one alive in the present who knows.

white avenger said:
I thought that Wes was the only one that Angel ever told about that
When did he tell Wes?

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangelite
It is a good thing Buffy doesn't know what Angel did. It would be painful for Buffy to know the events of the day she angel had with him human and mad that he took it away. Not to mention Angel making a decision that affected the both of them without talking to her about it first.

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
It is a good thing Buffy doesn't know what Angel did. It would be painful for Buffy to know the events of the day she angel had with him human and mad that he took it away. Not to mention Angel making a decision that affected the both of them without talking to her about it first.
I'm baffled at how this view seems somewhat popular.
I view it as one of Angel's most unselfish decisions in either series.

If Angel had taken something from Buffy it was the chance of her being held back in life by the prospect of 'what could have been?' caused by the knowledge that she could have had a "normal" relationship with him as a human.

There was no future for them together regardless of his species which he was well aware of. He told her he'd be a liability to her because he relies so much on his supernatural advantages that without them he's a sitting duck. I don't doubt he also foresaw that she'd come to resent that she'd be more his babysitter than his girlfriend.
I've read some C/A fanfics that capture this basic idea of his coming to be held back by Buffy & the Scoobs in Sunnydale post season 3 quite well without him even having the disadvantage of being human.

A fraction of the decision to erase the events was to save Buffy's life. There were three parts to it, the other two were:
- He didn't want to abandon LA, a city just as in need of a protector as Sunnydale.
- He wanted his own cause, to earn such a divine gift as renewed humanity (we also saw this guilt complex in 'In the Dark'). Legitimate redemption, not just a profound accident.

LilahFan

Townie
I've read that "You're Welcome" was originally supposed to have Buffy but she couldn't do the episode. Maybe this would have been brought up had she did though.

Angel6

Potential
I sort of agree, but I think he knew in his heart it was the best thing for her, and if he went back and spoke to her about it she’d convince him he was wrong, because he wanted to be wrong. I think it’s the bravest and most heroic thing he could ever do, and there’s a lot of competition for that.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Angel's masculinity drove him to it, thus he found flimsy excuses to justify his decision. If he would have discussed it with Buffy she would have told him how wrong he was.

white avenger

white avenger
Angel's masculinity drove him to it, thus he found flimsy excuses to justify his decision. If he would have discussed it with Buffy she would have told him how wrong he was.
I think that it's more than simple masculinity, or, maybe, masculinity carried to its extreme. By the end of the series, Angel is depicted as pretty much the Alpha Male of the Buffyverse. He's the hero, full blown, with no superior or even equal. He makes the decisions, and never questions that everyone else will fall in line behind him ( witness the difference between the way that Buffy handled her mutiny in Season 7 and Angel handling the similar situation the next year) This is both his greatest strength and his ultimate weakness.

Top Bottom