• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Dollhouse (Re)watch & Discuss: 2.06 The Left Hand

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
This week, we'll be watching the sixth episode of the second season of Dollhouse - The Left Hand - written by Tracy Bellomo and directed by Wendey Stanzler. This (re)watch is open to new Dollhouse viewers (such as myself) and existing fans. Everyone is welcome to join in!

This episode 6 (re)watch takes place between 30th October 2016 - 5th November 2016. You can watch this episode at your leisure during that time and discuss the episode below.

Although Dollhouse has aired for some time, this and all future episode threads are a dedicated no spoiler zone! Please ensure any spoilers are spoiler tagged. :)

The Left Hand - S2E6
Synopsis​
Echo and Bennett have a shocking confrontation in which she reveals the reason for her grudge against Echo, while Adelle goes head-to-head with Stuart Lipman, the ruthless head of the Washington, D.C. Dollhouse, to lobby for Echo's safe return. Meanwhile, Topher sees double when he involves Victor in his espionage plans to hack into the D.C. Dollhouse computer to locate both Echo and Senator Perrin as they try to run from Perrin's wife Cindy.

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
I thought this episode was overall a bit meh and quite a lot of it didn't actually seem to make sense.

Echo & Perrin end up at the DC Dollhouse, where Bennet tortures Echo some more with her memories of Caroline leaving Bennet to die under a rock. So what are the chances that Bennet is working for the DC branch of the same organisation that owns Caroline in LA.... did Bennet know they had Caroline? How else would she be working for them? Maybe all will become clear?

They brought in Daniel Perrin initially to expose the Dollhouse, but now that's changed and all of a sudden there is no Dollhouse and it's all a big conspiracy?! So he's been banging on about having evidence to put in front of a senate committee, when he can't have had any actual evidence, other than the account of Madeline? Since when is just a witness account all the evidence you need? I did feel very sorry for Madeline though, she's been properly played by everyone.

Echo gaining the use of her arm was interesting - does this mean Bennet will also regain use of her arm?

Also, Rossum wanted to bring down the Dollhouse, but now they don't? I don't understand why?!?

Where is Paul Ballard again? I don't think I actually care that much, but his name's still in the credits so he can't be far.

The only highlight for me was the interplay between Bennet & Topher. Topher is by far becoming a favourite character, which is odd considering how much I intensely disliked him in Season 1. Victor as Topher 2 was also very funny. Enver Gjokaj had his mannerisms down to a tee.

C-

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
On my list of undesirable activities: having something cut out of my neck with a steak knife in a public restroom.

Topher and Bennett are adorable together. Love Viktor as Topher.

Poor, poor Madeline.
I don't think Perrin was ever supposed to actually bring the Dollhouse down, I mean he was brought in by them. I think it was always supposed to exonerate Rossum and put an end to the rumors of the Dollhouse (which were clearly floating around since Paul was investigating it, however unsuccessfully, in season 1) So I think Madeline was the only thing they had because they were always planning to throw her under the bus.

The only highlight for me was the interplay between Bennet & Topher. Topher is by far becoming a favourite character, which is odd considering how much I intensely disliked him in Season 1. Victor as Topher 2 was also very funny. Enver Gjokaj had his mannerisms down to a tee.
Maybe it's because we see more of Topher as an actual person now. He has moral doubts, he shows insecurity and discomfort (like not wanting to be out of the Dollhouse) and gets goofy-crushy with Bennett. In season 1, don't get me wrong I love him, but you don't get a lot of insight to who he is as an actual person, he just comes across self-absorbed most of the time and hard to relate to.

Oh also, I feel a bit callous and strange but I enjoyed Cindy's death...

Pretty much agree with everyone on this episode except that I'm more positive about it than Athena;) I think its one of those that come about every now and than where they jungle so much in the air plot wise than there are bound to be some plot holes or at least question marks. But I thought it was mostly an engaging 42 minutes of television with some really good suspense. Though maybe the way it all ended up was a bit of an anticlimax.

I enjoyed Topher and Bennett together though they did over do the gag about them laughing nervously together. Love the Viktor doing Topher scenes though that was a real hoot!:)

Top Bottom