• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Dollhouse (Re)watch & Discuss: 2.08 A Love Supreme

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
This week, we'll be watching the eighth episode of the second season of Dollhouse - A Love Supreme - written by Jenny DeArmitt and directed by David Straiton. This (re)watch is open to new Dollhouse viewers (such as myself) and existing fans. Everyone is welcome to join in!

This episode 8 (re)watch takes place between 13th November 2016 - 19th November 2016. You can watch this episode at your leisure during that time and discuss the episode below.

Although Dollhouse has aired for some time, this and all future episode threads are a dedicated no spoiler zone! Please ensure any spoilers are spoiler tagged. :)

A Love Supreme - S2E8
Synopsis​
When all of Echo's past romantic engagements are found murdered, Adelle and the rest of the staff of the Dollhouse fear that Alpha has returned to seek his revenge. Adelle begins to grow suspicious of Ballard who hopes to find allies in Boyd and Topher in his continuing secret plan to bring down the Dollhouse from the inside.​

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
I thought this episode was interesting, but the return (and subsequent removal) of Alpha seemed a little quick. I could tell he was after Ballard a mile off.

Alan Tudyk was great again as Alpha, and I get he was stalking Echo and Ballard and taking photos, but no explanation how he found them. I get he 'infected' Sierra to control all the dolls, which was actually quite clever and the scene where all the dolls attack was fun to watch, but I just feel that the character of Alpha, the 'big bad' from S1, just isn't given the gravitas and credit he deserves in this episode. He kind of comes in as a bit of a panto villain, twirling his moustache and then leaving..

At one point I thought the show actually had the balls to kill off Ballard, but no he's just in a coma which he'll inevitably awake from soon.

I enjoyed the episode very much, and I'm glad to see Alpha back and now with an imprint of Paul included - I wonder how this will come into play in future episodes.

B

I thought this episode was interesting, but the return (and subsequent removal) of Alpha seemed a little quick. I could tell he was after Ballard a mile off.

Alan Tudyk was great again as Alpha, and I get he was stalking Echo and Ballard and taking photos, but no explanation how he found them. I get he 'infected' Sierra to control all the dolls, which was actually quite clever and the scene where all the dolls attack was fun to watch, but I just feel that the character of Alpha, the 'big bad' from S1, just isn't given the gravitas and credit he deserves in this episode. He kind of comes in as a bit of a panto villain, twirling his moustache and then leaving..

At one point I thought the show actually had the balls to kill off Ballard, but no he's just in a coma which he'll inevitably awake from soon.

I enjoyed the episode very much, and I'm glad to see Alpha back and now with an imprint of Paul included - I wonder how this will come into play in future episodes.

B
I'd say that Tudyk was the highlight of the episode. But I agree with you than there were some plot holes or at least things that didn't convince me. Like I didn't buy that one minute Joel would be telling Paul and Boyd that he was happy in a relationship and about to get married and the next thing he agrees to help them just because Echo shows up.

Yeah I think they would have been a brave move too. After all Whedon is known for killing off big characters in order to keep the viewers on their toes. Then again I'm also biased I don't like Ballard as a character;)

Top Bottom