• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Dollhouse (Re)watch & Discuss: 2.09 Stop-Loss

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
This week, we'll be watching the ninth episode of the second season of Dollhouse - Stop-Loss - written by Andrew Chambliss and directed by Felix Alcalá. This (re)watch is open to new Dollhouse viewers (such as myself) and existing fans. Everyone is welcome to join in!

This episode 9 (re)watch takes place between 20th November 2016 - 26th November 2016. You can watch this episode at your leisure during that time and discuss the episode below.

Although Dollhouse has aired for some time, this and all future episode threads are a dedicated no spoiler zone! Please ensure any spoilers are spoiler tagged. :)

Stop-Loss - S2E9
Synopsis​
Victor's five-year contract with the Dollhouse elapses and he goes back out into the real world under his old personality of Anthony Ceccoli. But his past as a soldier fighting in Afghanistan (whom he was running from the first place) threatens his present with Sierra who remains behind at Dollhouse and is conflicted over Victor's absence. Meanwhile, Echo continues to keep an eye on the comatose Ballard, while Adelle slips into hopelessness over recent events. When Victor/Anthony is captured by a rouge military unit with ties to Rossum Corp. Echo is forced to recruit Sierra, under her real personalty of Priya, to help rescue Victor/Anthony while Boyd and Topher monitor and keep Adelle in check to avoid her finding out what is going on behind the scenes.

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
Was a bit of a weird episode. I didn't really like the fact that as soon as Victor escapes the Dollhouse he is recruited into a Rossum military facility (although I guess the company has no morals anyway), and you could tell a mile off that they would use Sierra to get him out. Interesting that she reverted to Priya, as her history was so traumatising, but I get that Sierra just isn't retaining her love for Victor in her other guises. I think the actors playing Victor & Sierra have good chemistry, and I loved them talking in the car with Echo afterwards, but I don't understand Adelle's game here. Victor was at the end of his contract with the Dollhouse, surely she has no right to retain him? I'm hoping this is all a massive ploy on her part to regain the trust of Rossum before royally stabbing them in the back at the end.

Also, if they know what you're going to do and you know what they're going to do, everyone loses? A punch can always be blocked, basically you'd just end up fighting constantly with no side gaining an advantage.

C rating

Was a bit of a weird episode. I didn't really like the fact that as soon as Victor escapes the Dollhouse he is recruited into a Rossum military facility (although I guess the company has no morals anyway), and you could tell a mile off that they would use Sierra to get him out. Interesting that she reverted to Priya, as her history was so traumatising, but I get that Sierra just isn't retaining her love for Victor in her other guises. I think the actors playing Victor & Sierra have good chemistry, and I loved them talking in the car with Echo afterwards, but I don't understand Adelle's game here. Victor was at the end of his contract with the Dollhouse, surely she has no right to retain him? I'm hoping this is all a massive ploy on her part to regain the trust of Rossum before royally stabbing them in the back at the end.

Also, if they know what you're going to do and you know what they're going to do, everyone loses? A punch can always be blocked, basically you'd just end up fighting constantly with no side gaining an advantage.

C rating
Maybe this is another thing that would have got more time if the show had more time on the air. Maybe they would have held back on bringing Viktor back in and had a couple of episodes without him. I do love when they explore his army background. Its such an interesting contrast to his other personas.

Agreed on that. I find their relationship really touching and agree that the actors work really well together. You make a good point about Adelle's actions. Even if there is a twist to come, you'd still think she would still need a plausible reason. Apart from that I do enjoy the storyline involving Topher and Boyd going against Adelle and, how getting drunk!;) I like the way Boyd and Topher work together and the tension between them and Adelle. Having her out of it for the episode makes the end all the more poweful. And William's really brings it! What a evil bitch:p

Think I like this one more than you:)