• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Dollhouse (Re)watch & Discuss: 2.10 The Attic

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
This week, we'll be watching the tenth episode of the second season of Dollhouse - The Attic - written by Maurissa Tancharoen & Jed Whedon and directed by John Cassaday. This (re)watch is open to new Dollhouse viewers (such as myself) and existing fans. Everyone is welcome to join in!

This episode 10 (re)watch takes place between 27th November 2016 - 3rd December 2016. You can watch this episode at your leisure during that time and discuss the episode below.

Although Dollhouse has aired for some time, this and all future episode threads are a dedicated no spoiler zone! Please ensure any spoilers are spoiler tagged. :)

The Attic - S2E10
Synopsis​
We finally enter the mysterious Attic - the secret vault where the Dollhouse keeps damaged actives and problematic employees unconscious and in a perpetual state of terror. Adelle has had Echo sent there, along with Victor and Sierra, on the grounds that her multiple imprints and their growing self-awareness are making the three a danger to Rossum. In the dream-world of the Attic, Echo and her friends forced to face their worst nightmares repeatedly, and their only ally is former Dollhouse security head Laurence Dominic, sent there earlier when he was discovered to be a spy for the NSA. Together they must confront a mysterious predator bent on killing the Attic's prisoners, as they try to uncover the mystery of the Attic's true nature and purpose. Meanwhile, Adelle forces Topher to find a way to restore Ballard's damaged brain in order to revive him - at a terrible cost.​

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
I just watched Episode 9 myself! Sunday tends to be my 'watch last week's episode day!" :D

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
Great episode, full of twists and turns and great to see Mr Dominic again, although he seemed a completely different person to the Dominic of S1 (I guess being in the Attic does that to a person?!) Some fantastic trippy visuals, especially the scenes replaying over and over.

I wasn't at all surprised that Adelle isn't evil and is against Rossum, and although it did make sense in the end why she sent Echo to the Attic, I don't understand why Priya and Anthony had to go, although thinking about it I guess both were on Rossum's radar for different reasons, so maybe she had no choice. It was obvious Echo could get out, not so obvious they could and to be honest, the scene where Priya flatlines and Echo can't revive her were quite emotional. I actually felt short-changed that she survived.

I'm nitpicking though, because this was a great episode, probably one of, if not the best one.

A rating

Great episode, full of twists and turns and great to see Mr Dominic again, although he seemed a completely different person to the Dominic of S1 (I guess being in the Attic does that to a person?!) Some fantastic trippy visuals, especially the scenes replaying over and over.

I wasn't at all surprised that Adelle isn't evil and is against Rossum, and although it did make sense in the end why she sent Echo to the Attic, I don't understand why Priya and Anthony had to go, although thinking about it I guess both were on Rossum's radar for different reasons, so maybe she had no choice. It was obvious Echo could get out, not so obvious they could and to be honest, the scene where Priya flatlines and Echo can't revive her were quite emotional. I actually felt short-changed that she survived.

I'm nitpicking though, because this was a great episode, probably one of, if not the best one.

A rating
Completely agree here:) Think this is one my favourite episodes. I love dreamlike episodes, with like you say trippy scenes and good twists and turns. This reminded more a lot of Restless, and of David Lynch's work etc...:p

It is no surprise that Echo could get out, but then she is the lead of the show so wasn't really expecting her to do anything but escape;) Anyway, this was a big episode in further exploring the universe of Dollhouse and I think they handled the world within a world structure very well. It was good seeing a different side of Dominic, and I think the actor proved just how good he is too. I didn't see the Adelle twist coming. Sending Echo to the attic was such a big statement and OW was so scary at the end of the previous episode than I was convinced she was pure evil!:eek: