• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Dollhouse (Re)watch & Discuss: 2.12 The Hollow Men

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
This week, we'll be watching the twelfth episode of the second season of Dollhouse - The Hollow Men - written by Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters & Tracy Bellomo and directed by Terrence O'Hara. This (re)watch is open to new Dollhouse viewers (such as myself) and existing fans. Everyone is welcome to join in!

This episode 12 (re)watch takes place between 11th December 2016 - 17th December 2016. You can watch this episode at your leisure during that time and discuss the episode below.

Although Dollhouse has aired for some time, this and all future episode threads are a dedicated no spoiler zone! Please ensure any spoilers are spoiler tagged. :)

The Hollow Men - S2E12
Synopsis​
Still unaware of a traitor in their midst, the dollhouse survivors flee Los Angeles for Rossum's headquarters in Tucson, where they hope to prevent the apocalyptic future.

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm a bit late with this due to other commitments and being ill, but I actually thought considering the cliffhanger of the last episode that this was overall a bit of a damp squib. It felt really rushed, getting into Rossum, discovering Topher's stolen tech and then finishing off with a wiped Boyd.... it was all a little formulaic to be honest. Had this ending stretched over two episodes I think the build up might have been better, although you could clearly see the connections between what they thought might happen with the tech and the resulting future from Epitaph One.

I liked the Priya/Anthony stuff, and Anthony as Topher is always fun to watch. The actor has the mannerisms and voice down to a tee. Topher has really grown on me as a character, I started out hating him and now I adore him.

Mellie killing herself was heartbreaking, as I always loved her character, but again it felt a little by-the-numbers to have her do that and be able to override her programming when she never could before.

I'm still not sure about Boyd being the ultimate villain, I'm not sure if that was the intention all along or whether this was a recent choice, but it still doesn't completely sit well with me. And the scene at the end where he becomes a suicide bomber..... I just felt that was a little too poignant, considering recent atrocities, and I wasn't all that comfortable with sending doll-Boyd to his death.

Interestingly, even though a bomb was set off, there was no smoke or debris on the street......

As it's the end, I'll give it a B-