• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Drusilla and the power that be

Antho

Scooby
Before being vampire Drusilla had visions, she saw things. Because of the time and her religion she thought it was a curse but I find it is not foolish to imagine that maybe she had visions sent by the powers that be like Doyle and Cordelia in Angel. Do you think it's possible ?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Clearly she had quite the purpose ahead of her before she was turned. I like the theory that she was a potential slayer, but Becoming Part 1 in the confessional sounds a lot like she had ptb visions. I think it's nice that her origin story was never revealed though.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Considering Drusilla's visions didn't seem to come with any pain, were about accidents that happened to humans and she hadn't been given a mission, I doubt they came from the PTB, personally.

Fool for Buffy

Sineya
Considering Drusilla's visions didn't seem to come with any pain, were about accidents that happened to humans and she hadn't been given a mission, I doubt they came from the PTB, personally.
Am I forgetting something? I don't remember ever actually seeing her have a vision so how do we know they weren't painful?

Puppet

Black Thorn
Am I forgetting something? I don't remember ever actually seeing her have a vision so how do we know they weren't painful?
I suppose I'm just taking from after she was turned, but I suspect they'd continue being painful when she was a vampire even if the PTB had done what they could do cut her off from them. And that's another thing; why would the Powers allow a deranged, evil vampire to keep seeing things, like Jenny's plans to restore Angel's soul, so she could use it for her own 'nefarious' purposes? Yeah, I just don't buy the PTB angle, though I get why it would be an interesting twist.

Fool for Buffy

Sineya
I suppose I'm just taking from after she was turned, but I suspect they'd continue being painful when she was a vampire even if the PTB had done what they could do cut her off from them. And that's another thing; why would the Powers allow a deranged, evil vampire to keep seeing things, like Jenny's plans to restore Angel's soul, so she could use it for her own 'nefarious' purposes? Yeah, I just don't buy the PTB angle, though I get why it would be an interesting twist.
Yeah there is no doubt when she was turned the ptb would have taken them away. Alright so maybe this theory has some holes. Still, it's hard to come up with any other explanation.

Priceless

Scooby
It is possible, but I thought you had to be partly demon to have those visions, and Drusilla was fully human.

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
It's clear that Cordy and Doyle's visions came directly from the PTB and showed them specifically people in trouble whom they were supposed to help. Drusilla on the other hand seems to have been a clairvoyant. She can sense any number of things that are about to happen, not necessarily involving people being hurt. It seems to be a power she was born with, similar to Bethany Chaulk's telekinesis.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Drusilla did have painful visions. We see one in "Passion" where she is enjoying Spike and Angelus' bickering then she doubles over in pain as she sees Jenny trying to restore Angel's soul. Spike has to catch her in "What's my line part 1" before she falls over. Some of what she "sees" isn't painful such as in "Halloween" when she could tell something was going to happen to make Buffy weak, but other time she is in pain.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Drusilla did have painful visions. We see one in "Passion" where she is enjoying Spike and Angelus' bickering then she doubles over in pain as she sees Jenny trying to restore Angel's soul. Spike has to catch her in "What's my line part 1" before she falls over. Some of what she "sees" isn't painful such as in "Halloween" when she could tell something was going to happen to make Buffy weak, but other time she is in pain.
My opinion of that is that it's not physical pain she's feeling, but that it's related to her insanity. For example, it pains her to have a vision about the possibility that her Daddy will go away again; I find it more psychosomatic than on the physical level.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
My opinion of that is that it's not physical pain she's feeling, but that it's related to her insanity. For example, it pains her to have a vision about the possibility that her Daddy will go away again; I find it more psychosomatic than on the physical level.
She was clutching her stomach.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
And why would her stomach hurt if the visions were in her head? To me, that just further proves my theory.
Not necessarily. The brain controls everything in the body, if Drusilla is being hit by visions, it's very likely that she can feel pain as the rest of her body goes into spasm. Kind of like with epilepsy. However, if the visions are meant to be the Buffyverse version of epilepsy, then it's kind of questionable how the writers had Doyle "pass on" his visions to Cordelia with a kiss.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Cordelia's visions were special, they were a means of communicating between the Powers and their Messenger, and clearly, it was a power that was supposed to be used by an Angel or a Demon, like Whistler. Drusilla just had the gift of visions. Which was always strange to me, the Catholic Church has always had mystic saints who receive visions, nuns with this gift can rise very high in the church. Yet Dru was concerned about affronting God. It's almost as if the writter had limited... Nah.

Top Bottom