• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Drusilla in what show?

Living Dead Boy

Joss Is A Very Flawed Boss
Black Thorn
IMO, both shows underused the hell out of her. Drusilla was always one of my favorite villians, yet out of the Fanged Four, she gets the least amount of character development. Which sucks, because Juliet Landau is such a dynamic actress, and with a backstory as interesting (aka tragic) as hers, she should've at least gotten her own episode. But if I had to choose, she was better in Buffy. Her and Spike had amazing chemistry, and I believe we see more Dru in BtVS than Angel, when it honestly should've been the other way around. So more Dru for the win! :D

I agree with @Living Dead Boy Dru had amazing chemistry with Spike in Buffy and actually had a level of threat to her. She killed Kendra and put up a good fight against Spike in Becoming. In Angel, she was less of a threat and more like a child following Darla's orders. Brilliant acting from JL in both series.

Living Dead Boy
Living Dead Boy
She lit up the screen no matter what show she was on.

Cordeliagirl

Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.
Sineya
Not actually Master killed And sira Darla first, then drusilla did it. I like her with Spike and like Darla with Angel, and like Cordelia with Xander and Williow with Oz and like giles with Jenny or Anya, but Anya better with Giles, and Wesley with fred, and i like buffy with John or Gunn.

WillowFromBuffy
WillowFromBuffy
I've missed you, Cordeliagirl <3

Meliza

Potential
Drusilla was always most compelling to me in flashbacks when she was alive and when torturing Angel, seemingly in reminisce of what was done to her. She is mentally incapacitated so Spike's relationship with her is weird, the proclamation of mutual love and affection even more compromised, a question never asked, the vampire version of the person Drusilla use to be, would she even like Spike?

Lots of potential I too like her unpredictability, she would have been a good candidate for W&H to restore, explore her powers which she always had, Drusilla seeks revenge? Angel faces with the damaged person returned. Combine those two stories Darla & Holtz together into Drusilla.

Tbpear

Potential
Sineya
Drusilla was always most compelling to me in flashbacks when she was alive and when torturing Angel, seemingly in reminisce of what was done to her. She is mentally incapacitated so Spike's relationship with her is weird, the proclamation of mutual love and affection even more compromised, a question never asked, the vampire version of the person Drusilla use to be, would she even like Spike?

Lots of potential I too like her unpredictability, she would have been a good candidate for W&H to restore, explore her powers which she always had, Drusilla seeks revenge? Angel faces with the damaged person returned. Combine those two stories Darla & Holtz together into Drusilla.
I wish she was in Angel more.

Slayerofslayers

We're going to destroy the world. Want to come?
I liked her best on Buffy because she had a lot more screen time and was one of the main villains for that season. She had lots of moments of showing how dangerous and unpredictable she was. I can only imagine how formidable a team her and Spike were when they both wreaked havoc together when they both were at their full health and strength which is something I wish we could have seen. Her and Spike were villains you wanted to stick around. On Angel she had a lot of potential in complementing his complex backstory by having him confront what he had done to her and trying to save her but unfortunately she wasn't on the show as much. She in turn being a formidable villain could make Angel realize that he not only destroyed her life and her sanity but he created a monster that caused so much suffering and death alongside Spike when she never wanted to be evil or a vampire. I did like seeing her in flashbacks and briefly on Angel but she could have had more screen time, played a bigger role in the story, and even be a big bad for one of the seasons (perhaps with Darla or Spike).

She is mentally incapacitated so Spike's relationship with her is weird, the proclamation of mutual love and affection even more compromised, a question never asked, the vampire version of the person Drusilla use to be, would she even like Spike?
I could see human Drusilla and William ending up together (if they were born around the same time rather than 20 years apart). They were both very gentle personalities and human Drusilla would appreciate William's romantic nature and William would love her whole-heartedly. A sane vampire Drusilla would still love Spike.

As for Spike's relationship with vampire Drusilla, I don't think it's weird. Drusilla may be mentally ill but that doesn't mean she is incapable of feeling love for Spike. Even in the real world, people with mental illnesses are still able to feel love for another, being mentally ill doesn't exclude them from that emotion. I liked that Spike still loved Drusilla despite her mental illness and just considered it a part of who she was rather than an affliction. He always treated her like a normal person rather than an oddity.

In many ways, Sprusilla is actually a relatively positive portrayal of a relationship involving a partner with mental illness. Spike is very patient and tolerant with Drusilla when she's having one of her episodes eg the scene in Surprise when she says she's counting the stars but has named them all the same name and Spike says she can't see the stars because they're inside and it's day. He also loves Drusilla as a whole, mental illness and all, because at the end of the day that is who she is. It's a shame they didn't broach on that subject more, particularly in Season 5 when Willow was having to look after an insane Tara. There could've at least been a conversation between Willow and Spike about loving a mentally ill partner and coping with that, but I guess at the time mental illness was still quite a taboo subject much like showing a same-sex relationship on screen was taboo. Buffy was tackling the same-sex relationship issue so probably didn't want to push its luck by taking on mental illness as well beyond "this person's crazy".