• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Episodes you skip on rewatches?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Well I normally rewatch with Mum so we don't tend to skip episodes. I tried to get Life of the Party past her, only for the characters to mention it in another episode which reminded her we hadn't seen it! o_O She did agree with me that we can skip The Girl in Question;).

Just as someone who's a completest I try not to skip stuff. Her from Angel is like watching Paint Dry so I could skip that. The likes of Nightmares (overrated IMO), Teacher's Pet, Go Fish and Where the Wild Things are, skippable too IMO.

Beer Bad is a weird one. It is mostly terrible, but it does have a so bad its good b-movie charm to it, plus the Willow-Parker scene is excellent.

TamsinValencia
TamsinValencia
what did mum think of angel

+ Matt +

Potential
I skip most of The Zeppo.
I skip most of the Xander scenes, which is pretty funny considering it's centred around him.

I really liked those demon women as fierce enemies and it being an apocalypse episode with Buffy, Faith and Angel in the mix and Willow new into magic. Always sad we didn't get to see more that battle in the library 🤣

I can't bring myself to watch Beer Bad again.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
Btvs
Season 1: none
Season 2: Go fish
Season 3: Dead man's party
Season 4: The Freshman, Where the wild things are
Season 5: Real me
Season 6-7: I don't really watch these seasons at all anymore. I might watch Once more with feeling and Tabula Rasa but that's it.

Ats
Season 1: Parting gifts, She
Season 2: The Pylea arc (depends on my mood. I don't hate them, but I do need to be in the mood for them.)
Season 3: None
Season 4: None
Season 5: The cautionary tale of numero cinco

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I get what you mean about the Pylea arc. If I'm doing a full rewatch it feels like I have to watch it, but it is down to mood for sure.
Plasma
Plasma
You skip Dead Man’s Party?!

Also hard agree on Pylea. It is so boring

Mr Trick

Scooby
Cautionary Tale, I quite enjoy, but its more as a guilty pleasure :D Also as a wrestling fan I get a kick out of it;)

Taake
Taake
to be honest, I've skipped it for so long I probably need to re-watch it and see if I've changed my mind.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
@Plasma with the exception of ”do you like my mask? Do you think it’s pretty? It raises the dead” - from Giles, I just really hate Dead man’s party .

Plasma
Plasma
Fair. That is a fantastic joke

fauxindigo

Scooby
Most of Seasons 1 & 2, I don't care to rewatch bc I think they both have a lot of shallow-ish filler episodes. The only ones that I really like to rewatch are Angel, Prophecy Girl, When She Was Bad, Halloween, Surprise, Innocence, Lie to Me, Passion, Bewitched Bothered & Bewildered, What's My Line 2, I Only Have Eyes for You & Becoming. Sometimes I'll be in the mood for my cheesy monster of the week guilty pleasures Witch, Go Fish, The Pack, The Puppet Show & Ted.

NONE of Season 3 is skippable in my opinion. It is the flawless season.

Season 4, depends on my mood like I hate Wild at Heart but I love to hate Veruca and her temptation of Oz is intriguing as they are both wolves and it's a very cool animalistic depiction of cheating which is a realistic fact of life and human nature sometimes for better or worse.

As much as I defend Where the Wild Things Are, I know it's a skippable episode. It's definitely underrated as far as scary episodes go though because the humor and sexual element overpowers the horror but there are a couple really creepy moments (Willow finding the ghost in bathroom and the ghost girl running through Anya). And Giles singing in the coffee shop as well as Spike & Anya in the Bronze makes it worth watching for me. I love Season 4 and find it very rewatchable because it has such a light, accessible atmosphere- more than any other season,

Season 5 I find hugely overrated overall even though it's visually beautifully shot (the show looks the most rich in this season) and I love how they introduced Dawn, I really only enjoy Buffy vs. Dracula, Real Me, Family, Crush, Tough Love & Spiral to rewatch. Everything else is skippable to me most of the time. Maybe I'll watch Forever if I feel like crying. It's perhaps the best constructed season start to finish but that doesn't mean it's the most enjoyable, interesting or rewatchable. I do appreciate though that it's the best season for couples Willow/Tara and Xander/Anya.

I love Season 6, probably right after seasons 3 & 4 but Hells Bells & Seeing Red are the worst. Seeing Red is great to watch reactors freak out to though when Warren kills Tara. I also appreciate what Normal Again does (Buffy chooses to be a hero even if it is only in her mind, leaves open possibility of the alternate reality) but I don't care to rewatch it really. Every other episode I love to rewatch this season even if they're are sick and twisted moments, that's what makes this season so entertaining; I love the way it depicts serious real life issues. Aside from the scene with Giles confronting Willow about resurrecting Buffy, Flooded is pretty skippable too though.

Season 7 is weird. I think I love and hate it equal amounts. Lessons is not a bad opening but I don't like to rewatch it really. I will also usually skip Beneath You, Bring on the Night, Showtime, Potential & Touched. I hate Lies My Parents Told Me (even though I love any Drusilla screen time) so can do w/o that. And even though I loathe Andrew, I love the documentary-style of Storyteller...and mostly just the scenes where Spike is acting for the camera, Xander & Anya have their convo on the couch w/Andrew interviewing them (then rewatching it and mouthing the words) and Andrew describing the characters of Buffy, Spike, Anya, Faith etc.

Angel is a whole different beast. I appreciate all the dark twisted drama (especially in Seasons 4 & 5), even if it does piss me off what Joss did to Cordelia just because Charisma got pregnant in S4; It's so stupid, as if they couldn't just hide her pregnant belly. I usually skip most of Season 1 though except for the Faith episodes and I don't care for Season 3 really whatsoever except for a few episodes (Lullaby, Forgiving, Birthday, Double or Nothing (underrated imo, maybe my favorite Gunn-centric ep) & The Price (one of my favorite monsters of the week). I love Season 4 though, every episode except for Awakening & Sacrifice. S5, I skip Cautiounary Tale & Why We Fight.

Last edited:

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Well I normally rewatch with Mum so we don't tend to skip episodes. I tried to get Life of the Party past her, only for the characters to mention it in another episode which reminded her we hadn't seen it! o_O She did agree with me that we can skip The Girl in Question;).

Just as someone who's a completest I try not to skip stuff. Her from Angel is like watching Paint Dry so I could skip that. The likes of Nightmares (overrated IMO), Teacher's Pet, Go Fish and Where the Wild Things are, skippable too IMO.

Beer Bad is a weird one. It is mostly terrible, but it does have a so bad its good b-movie charm to it, plus the Willow-Parker scene is excellent.
for me Beer Bad is a guilty pleasure episode. I love her being a hero inspite of her mental impairment. The BONK! to Parker's head is just the cherry on top!

Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
Foamy ! :D
Plasma
Plasma
Agree! Also, haven’t seen you in awhile! :)
Top Bottom