• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Faith Lehane / Alan Finch Murder: Did She Deserve Jail Time?

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
Definitely. I think they just genuinely believe her ‘girls just want to have fun’ act because a lot of what Faith says is in the subtext of what she’s actually saying - and not just the flirting with Buffy stuff 😂 . Like in Faith, Hope and Trick when she tells Willow and Xander ‘if I’d had friends like you in high school.... I probably would have still dropped out but I might have been sad about it’ obviously the subtext of this line is that Faith had no friends when she was in school and was happy to leave but because of the way Faith carries herself and her confident manner all Willow and Xander hear is that she dropped out of high school
Well, I don't know... someone really should have warned child protective service about Faith and her situation, so that she could have gotten the help that she needed and deserved.

It is so sad, because we do see hints of the person Faith could have become if things had been different.

Faded90

Potential
Well, I don't know... someone really should have warned child protective service about Faith and her situation, so that she could have gotten the help that she needed and deserved.

It is so sad, because we do see hints of the person Faith could have become if things had been different.
Definitely, there’s a quote from a show I watched recently ‘you’re carrying around burdens from people who didn’t love you the way you deserved’ and it’s about a teenager who was basically failed by the system and it works very well with Faith’s character. Faith is a tragic character in a lot of ways, she wants to be a good person but believes she never will be. I think she needed that time in prison to completely strip herself back down and become who she always could be, she almost needed time out from the ‘real world’

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Faith has no way of knowing xander's (hidden) background. But he is well spoken and acts like his well off friends and is part of their inner circle.
We dont actually know he is poor. We just know his family are alcoholic and abandon him.

GreyWalker1958

Potential
Once you admit to liking "Cathy", you're automatically screwed.

That joke aside, Finch's death was accidental but Professor Worth's was far from it

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
Faith has no way of knowing xander's (hidden) background. But he is well spoken and acts like his well off friends and is part of their inner circle.
We dont actually know he is poor. We just know his family are alcoholic and abandon him.
What do you mean "hidden" and "we don't actually know"? Xander's home life is not a secret. Anyone who has spent any time with the Scoobies will know that his parents fight, drink, that they live on a diet of junk food, have little money and that his father is mostly unemployed. The only thing Xander hides is that he sleeps outside at Christmas, but what Xander doesn't tell, Cordelia fills everyone in on.

There's absolutely nothing hidden about it. Xander doesn't hide the bare facts of it. He only hides how much it affects him. Like Faith, he doesn't want to let people see his vulnerable side.

If Faith hasn't picked up on Xander's situation, then she isn't aware enough to know that Willow has a laptop and a keyboard or that Cordelia grew up in a small mansion.

Top Bottom