• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Faith One Shot

Priceless

Scooby

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Faith
Publication date: February 24, 2021
The future of the Buffyverse begins in an all new one-shot revealing the secrets of Faith the Vampire Slayer.
With no Watcher, no idea how to harness the power in her and no idea where it came from, Faith has fallen back on old habits — and morals — to guide her. But what happens when those morals don't line up with the Council's... or with Buffy's?
The origin of Faith is revealed here for the first time, with a shocking ending to this issue! A perfect jumping on point for new and longtime Buffy fans alike that sets the stage for shocking events to come.
Script: Jordie Bellaire and Jeremy Lambert; illustration: Eleonora Carlini; covers: Kevin Wada, Joe Quinones, Dani.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
That middle picture doesn't look like Faith and Buffy doesn't really look like Buffy either. That bothers me a lot 😭

Priceless

Scooby
That middle picture doesn't look like Faith and Buffy doesn't really look like Buffy either. That bothers me a lot 😭
The middle one is the worst one. Faith looks like a weird femme fatale from on old movie and I don't like those leather trousers at all. They are meant to be 16 years old in the comics, but she looks 40 here.

Athene
Athene
She looks more like Bellatrix Lestrange

thrasherpix

Scooby
Why do I get the feeling they should be at Riverdale than Sunnydale? And that Faith will be considered one of the nicer people?

Faded90

Potential
What is this thing about Faith having a motorbike 😂 I notice it in lots of fanfiction, on the promotion of her possible own spin off and this and yet in the show she’s never had one and I don’t think even expressed an interest in having one 😂

Athene
Athene
I think she had one in Angel and Faith?

Faded90

Potential
@at
What is this thing about Faith having a motorbike 😂 I notice it in lots of fanfiction, on the promotion of her possible own spin off and this and yet in the show she’s never had one and I don’t think even expressed an interest in having one 😂
@Athene ah yeah it’s definitely seems to be something that’s a staple post show but in show it was something that never came up and just seems to be a permanent addition to her character 😂

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
@Faded90 Yeah I get what you mean I read a lot of Faith fanfiction and she does often have a motorbike. It's kind of like how often people have Faith drink in season 3 but we never actually saw that. It's just something a lot of people seem to agree fits lol

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I love the first one, it looks like this weird mix of Faith and Eliza (which I know sounds weird, but whatever) :D

And about the motorcycle, I think it's because it fits her personality to a tee; constantly traveling, never settling in one place and only taking what the bike can carry, living from motel to motel, but not constrained by the four walls and roof of a car.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I think it's because motorbikes are often associated with being a rebel/bad boy/bad girl and Faith is more or less a rebellious character. Spike used a motorbike to travel with Andrew in Season 7 which meant they could only travel at night, even though Spike used to have a car in which he could drive about during the day. It's the aesthetic of the motorbike plus motorbikes are kind of cool.

Faded90

Potential
@Faded90 Yeah I get what you mean I read a lot of Faith fanfiction and she does often have a motorbike. It's kind of like how often people have Faith drink in season 3 but we never actually saw that. It's just something a lot of people seem to agree fits lol
Haha yeah I’ve noticed the drinking thing comes up often as well

Athene
Athene
Yeah I mean it is believable lol

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Yeah, I think the first one is the best. Faith looks like a crazy Disney villain in the second one. As for the motorcyle, I think it's just a cliche short cut for the "bad boy/girl" archetype character. As Faith said once "it's just like riding a biker". lol. I would be interested in reading a solo Faith comic though, never read the Angel and Faith series.

white avenger

white avenger
What is this thing about Faith having a motorbike
I read a lot of Faith fanfiction and she does often have a motorbike
And about the motorcycle, I think it's because it fits her personality to a tee;
I think it's because motorbikes are often associated with being a rebel/bad boy/bad girl and Faith is more or less a rebellious character.
Whether by coincidence or design, Eliza once said that the proposed Faith spinoff that she turned down was supposed to be "Faith on a motorcycle, on the run (escaped prison inmate, after all) cruising all around the Southwest, slaying occasional demons wherever she found them. Who knows? It would probably have lasted longer than "Tru Calling." in any case.

Top Bottom