• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Faith the cutie

EvilWillow

Scooby
I am watching "Faith, Hope, and Trick" and it got me thinking. Faith was so adorable before she went evil. Does anyone else agree? If you disagree, please explain why.

white avenger

white avenger
I'm not sure about "adorable," as much as classically beautiful in a way that Buffy could never be. And I saw all that bad girl bravado as a cover up for a basically troubled, lonely, and even shy, individual, who had felt far more than her share of pain in a mere 17 or 18 years, and who desperately needed someone to love and even protect her. Sadly, that became Mayor Wilkins, and later Angel, instead of Giles or Wes.

S
SlayerOfVampyrs
You hit the nail on the head perfectly.
Tome
Tome
[No message]
E
EvilWillow
Thank you :)
Bookkitty
Bookkitty
Exactly

Enemies

*insert user title here*
Sineya
Perhaps not adorable but she seemed like a nice girl :) I think she's a bit too tough in her attitude/dress sense to be considered adorable. I'd say Buffy is the more adorable of the two. Adorable to me is someone thats cute, butter wouldn't melt, girly girl and Faith is definitely not that.

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
[No message]

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
Faith would kill you if you told her she was adorable. And I think Spike would too. Evil things don't like it when you call him cute and adorable, it's offensive to them :D

No, I don't find Faith adorable. She's too of a bad girl to be adorable.

[MENTION=11394]Enemies[/MENTION] you think Faith seems like a nice girl? :)

E
Enemies
yeah I do, she has issues but doesn't everybody? I think she could be a decent person if her plot turned out differently :)

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
Enemies agrees: yeah I do, she has issues but doesn't everybody? I think she could be a decent person if her plot turned out differently
I'm not saying she's not human like all of use. Hell, I wrote a whole article about the true Faith so I understand where she's coming from. But from her outside behavior I wouldn't say she seems nice, even if she has reasons for her actions.

EvilWillow

Scooby
Well I guess my opinion is just ridiculous then, if no one agrees with me.

S
SallyCinnamon
Of course not :) It may be different but it's still valid!
Chosen Enemy
Chosen Enemy
I still think she's an amazing character, even if she's not exactly adorable :)
S
SlayerOfVampyrs
Nah, that's not true. An opinion is always valid, whether people agree or not is a while nother box of issues.
white avenger
white avenger
If everybodh actually had to agree with your opinion for it to be valid, I'd be wrong most of the time. And we all KNOW that ain't the case. If it works for you, that's what counts the most. Others agreeing is just icing on the cake.

sisterofmercy

Ray of Sunshine..
It's not in that part of the season but I always thought she was cute in the scene when the Mayor gave her the dress. She almost seemed shy and girly then, if you kind of forget the slightly twisted undertones of it all.

E
EvilWillow
[No message]

SlayerFest

Wiley Dairy Gnome
Black Thorn
Well I guess my opinion is just ridiculous then, if no one agrees with me.
I believe that cheese should be consumed at least 10 times a day in at least 10 different ways. No one agrees with me...and I sure as hell don't think it's ridiculous!

Anyway...I liked Faith's personality in the beginning. I wouldn't use the word "adorable" to describe her, but I see what you mean. She wasn't really the same after that episode. She seemed like a member of the group at first and then she just...drifted away. Haha well, I do really love her in Phases, when she punches Buffy in the face (I originally wrote "in the Faith":cool:), her reaction is humorous.

S
Seeing Red
I would love to hear more of your ideals on cheese. ;)

EvilWillow

Scooby
I believe that cheese should be consumed at least 10 times a day in at least 10 different ways. No one agrees with me...and I sure as hell don't think it's ridiculous!

Anyway...I liked Faith's personality in the beginning. I wouldn't use the word "adorable" to describe her, but I see what you mean. She wasn't really the same after that episode. She seemed like a member of the group at first and then she just...drifted away. Haha well, I do really love her in Phases, when she punches Buffy in the face (I originally wrote "in the Faith":cool:), her reaction is humorous.
I don't think she was in "Phases", as Phases was in season 2. ;)

Seeing Red

Villain
Black Thorn
I thought Faith was really awesome the whole time she was on the show, but that is just me. I don't know if I would describe as adorable though. She was way too much of a BAMF for that. Though, that may just be because I really love Faith. ;)

Skytteflickan88

Proud Spikette
She had her sweet moments. Like talking to Scotty, asking Buffy is he was free. I have a hard time coming up with another moment, but there must be more. Oh, when she was in the dress the Mayor picked out.

I can't come up with another.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I think if Faith led down her defences she could've been adorable. The only time I remeber her being that vulnerable was twice in Graduation Day. Once where she was wearing the dress and being all shy. And then again when she was talking about her childhood days, when the Mayor calls her a 'firecracker'. :)

(Of course this was after she'd just cold-bloodly murdered an innocent vulcanologist...so that's some pretty skilled writing right there, or maybe I'm just twisted that way. I do like those morally ambiguous characters.)

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is definitely not cutie :p

When she first came to the show, the first thing that popped into my mind over the first few episode featuring her is vulnerable and broken.

thetopher
thetopher
[No message]

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Faith is sexy and alluring, adorable? eh she does have her moments. There are a few scenes where she shows her caring side. Messing with Scott Hope for dumping Buffy, offering to go with Buffy to cheer her up, and giving xmas presents to Buffy and Joyce.
The dress scene with the Mayor was cute, I even like her when she goes psycho, she looks hot in This Years Girl.

I know she's supposed to look worn down and like crap in Five by Five but there's something that I think is cute about her. Also Eliza is just really hot and it shows through. There's a few earlier episodes in S3 where I think Faith's makeup is too dark and heavy that I don't think is attractive. But overall I think she is attractive.

thetopher
thetopher
I forgot how cute he was in 'Homecoming' and 'Amends', well remembered!

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Yeah, I remember thinking that every time Eliza showed up on the show that Faith looked hotter than before. She comes back in 'This Year's Girl' and I was like... :D

And I agree, in 'Five By Five' when she looks really wore down, she looks so vulnerable (except in that club scene...:p) that I just want to give her a hug and a warm meal (Totally innocent I swear!)

Then Faith shows up in 'Dirty Girls' and...daynm! well, she's one of the main reasons I like Season 7 as much as I do. :D

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Yea she needed a hug. Angel gave her one. And yes she is what redeems season 7 for me as well.
Xin Rong
Xin Rong
[No message]

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
The only thing about Faith that I find remotely cute is the way that she says 'about' (and that disappears by season 7 :( ).
Personally, I think that Faith is too tough to be cute :p

Top Bottom