• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Faith?

Black Thorn
I haven't read this season yet, but does anyone know why they removed Faith, and where she's gonna go in the comic world?

I don't remember were I read it but I believe one of the writers said that they are just going a different direction this season and that the story will focus more on angel, faith isn't exactly written out or anything, it's just were the story goes. If you read the more recent issue you can see perhaps why that is.
Illyria teleported herself and angel to the past. This entire season could possibly be set completely in the past for all we know...

white avenger

white avenger
Please tell me that Faith is gonna show up in 'Buffy' this season, if she's not in 'Angel'...:(
I think that this would be an excellent opportunity for Buffy and Faith to actually become friends again, the way that we saw them starting to be in the beginning of Season 3. With Buffy now being the one more or less in prison, who would be more able to help her cope than someone who had had a similar, if not identical, experience.

(Plus, there's something about a Buffy/Spike/Faith team up that just offers literally tons of varying and extremely interesting possibilities)

Black Thorn
I think that this would be an excellent opportunity for Buffy and Faith to actually become friends again, the way that we saw them starting to be in the beginning of Season 3. With Buffy now being the one more or less in prison, who would be more able to help her cope than someone who had had a similar, if not identical, experience.

(Plus, there's something about a Buffy/Spike/Faith team up that just offers literally tons of varying and extremely interesting possibilities)
Yes, I would be okay if she went over to Buffy as long as there's a positive Faith/Buffy relationship.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Thar would be great if Faith showed up in the Buffy comics.
Yes, I would be okay if she went over to Buffy as long as there's a positive Faith/Buffy relationship.
Yea, a positive friendship. No more of this Buffy is still angry and hates Faith. Let's get over that Buffy and move on. Lol. I don't read the comics but I'd consider it if we got some good Buffy and Faith.

white avenger

white avenger
Yea, a positive friendship. No more of this Buffy is still angry and hates Faith. Let's get over that Buffy and move on. Lol. I don't read the comics but I'd consider it if we got some good Buffy and Faith.
Somewhat off topic, but I've always thought that having Buffy and Faith put in an isolated environment where they had no choice but to trust and depend on each other to survive (a Buffyverse equivalent of "Castaway") would make an interesting story. Obviously, the story line wouldn't have to take more than 3 or 4 issues, but it could be really fun to see if handled right.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Somewhat off topic, but I've always thought that having Buffy and Faith put in an isolated environment where they had no choice but to trust and depend on each other to survive (a Buffyverse equivalent of "Castaway") would make an interesting story. Obviously, the story line wouldn't have to take more than 3 or 4 issues, but it could be really fun to see if handled right.
Yes. Slayerfest! Lol. That is a good idea. I'd read that.

I actually want this now. What a missed opportunity!

I like Buffy and Faith's relationship as it is. I think it gives great opportunity for drama, whereas friendship wouldn't. Conflict leads to drama. I am missing Faith from the comics, and hope she'll appear in Angel at some point

Black Thorn
I like Buffy and Faith's relationship as it is. I think it gives great opportunity for drama, whereas friendship wouldn't. Conflict leads to drama. I am missing Faith from the comics, and hope she'll appear in Angel at some point
I have had more than enough conflict in this particular relationship. There's plenty of people for these two characters to have conflict with at this point, and right now the conflict between them would be (and has been) repeated over and over, so that it's actually the opposite of drama and is instead boring and just not great writing. Joss clearly didn't understand the point of his own writing, as he purposefully wrote their last scenes together in Chosen as heading towards a much better relationship. I guess he just dropped the ball and didn't bother to have the relationship progress as it logically would have.

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
Joss clearly didn't understand the point of his own writing, as he purposefully wrote their last scenes together in Chosen as heading towards a much better relationship. I guess he just dropped the ball and didn't bother to have the relationship progress as it logically would have.
Except that it did progress there. The last time Buffy and Faith saw each other in the comics, they were totally friendly. More friendly than they ever were in the show.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I figured that was just Buffy pleased because Giles was back in the land of the living. Given how she'd treated Faith previously in 8 and 9, that's a fair assumption.

I have had more than enough conflict in this particular relationship. There's plenty of people for these two characters to have conflict with at this point, and right now the conflict between them would be (and has been) repeated over and over, so that it's actually the opposite of drama and is instead boring and just not great writing. Joss clearly didn't understand the point of his own writing, as he purposefully wrote their last scenes together in Chosen as heading towards a much better relationship. I guess he just dropped the ball and didn't bother to have the relationship progress as it logically would have.
We have different perspectives on the relationship. I love Faith annoying Buffy, I think Buffy needs more of that in her life, as she is pretty much surrounded by yes-men the whole time, who share Buffy's views on the world. Faith brings a different approach and Buffy needs that, you find it boring, I find it endlessly interesting and gives so much for us to discuss.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Didn't Faith get freezed out & leave again almost immediately after arriving with Giles Jr?
Kinda. The impression I got from their last encounter is that Buffy was incredibly thrilled to have Giles back in her life- in whatever form- and as she and the Scoobies were fussing over him, all that 'good feeling' momentarily bled over onto Faith being there. I can't see Buffy's reactions coming organically from anything else.
After the thrill of the battle victory had worn off no doubt things would've been back to the way they were before- so Faith did the sensible thing and left.

Bearing in mind the last time Faith had been around any of them Buffy was upset about Giles 'picking' Faith over her his will and Xander was apparently staring hate-daggers.

Black Thorn
We have different perspectives on the relationship. I love Faith annoying Buffy, I think Buffy needs more of that in her life, as she is pretty much surrounded by yes-men the whole time, who share Buffy's views on the world. Faith brings a different approach and Buffy needs that, you find it boring, I find it endlessly interesting and gives so much for us to discuss.
I don't mind Faith annoying Buffy-actually, I love it, and think it would be an important aspect of them being friends. They don't have to agree on everything. I love that they have that type of challenging chemistry. What I don't like is when they still are fighting, can't even be around each other, and try to drown each other. That's not fun or entertaining, it's just frustrating.

I don't mind Faith annoying Buffy-actually, I love it, and think it would be an important aspect of them being friends. They don't have to agree on everything. I love that they have that type of challenging chemistry. What I don't like is when they still are fighting, can't even be around each other, and try to drown each other. That's not fun or entertaining, it's just frustrating.
I understand you find it frustrating, but I enjoy it. Faith had to be edgy and dangerous and different to Buffy. Faith is the one who 'deals with' vampire children, now can you imagine Buffy doing that? If they actually became friends Faith would be changed by that friendship, and that the change wouldn't be good for her character or for the drama/conflict. People say that Spike is simply Buffy's lapdog, now toothless and a shadow of what he used to be (I don't agree but I understand where they are coming from) and I can see the same being said if Faith and Buffy become friends. Faith would slowly lose her edge, she'd end up becoming just another scoobie. And that really would be boring

white avenger

white avenger
Something should be done in the comics about Buffy and Faith being the last two "natural" Slayers in the line. All of the current crop are only in existence due to Willow's spell. A story line could be built around that one simple fact. Something like, this many Slayers existing at one time causes some sort of metaphysical overload in the world, so most of the newbies have to be shipped off to Mars or something (Kennedy could be the leader of the Mars team) Parallel realities and alternate universes have been done to death in this sort of thing, but someone with Joss' creative ability should be able to get rid of a whole bunch of the little buggers in a reasonable manner.

Black Thorn
I understand you find it frustrating, but I enjoy it. Faith had to be edgy and dangerous and different to Buffy. Faith is the one who 'deals with' vampire children, now can you imagine Buffy doing that? If they actually became friends Faith would be changed by that friendship, and that the change wouldn't be good for her character or for the drama/conflict. People say that Spike is simply Buffy's lapdog, now toothless and a shadow of what he used to be (I don't agree but I understand where they are coming from) and I can see the same being said if Faith and Buffy become friends. Faith would slowly lose her edge, she'd end up becoming just another scoobie. And that really would be boring
I disagree...Faith can definitely keep what makes her "her" and be friends with Buffy...she's a lot more mature and good now, but she's still herself. I actually think their natural personalities get along very well. In early season 3 they were heading towards being very close. They obviously really liked each other and enjoyed each other's company, despite their differences. I don't think that would have to change. And yes, I can imagine Buffy doing that. She's not a kitten. But agree to disagree :)