• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Faith's murder victim

DazzaGee

Townie
In a town where humans are murdered by demons pretty much on a daily basis and no one other than Buffy and the gang bats an eyelid. Why was the guy faith murdered so heavily investigated. Like E15 felt like I was watching an episode of law and order. It just doesn't make any sense to me. So many crimes and murders just get swept under the carpet and normally it moves on to the next day as if nothing had happened, So why was this guy who got killed any different from any other human that gets killed

thrasherpix

Scooby
Because he worked for the Mayor.

The rest are pretty much nobodies. (I'm not counting the 2 dead children as there's too much demonic mind control going on there.) Just like in real life, it's just that the middle class find themselves with the lower class in this case when it comes to so-called justice and police actions.

And finding wooden splinters in his chest made the Mayor think he could get the Slayers busted for Murder One (he actually should've been able to do this anyway, at least get them out of the way until after the Ascension while it's tied up in court, particularly with his magic powers, but for some reason it can't happen which begs the question why--and could have a good answer story wise had they chose to explore it).

KaitKat

Potential
On that note I think it should have been a red flag that the police were investigating two tiny girls for what appeared to be a brutal murder that required extraordinary strength.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
On that note I think it should have been a red flag that the police were investigating two tiny girls for what appeared to be a brutal murder that required extraordinary strength.

And even if this were going to take place in a court that is aware of the supernatural it wouldn't make a lot of sense to pin it on slayers just because it involved a wooden stake. I mean that's how anyone trying to kill a vamp would do it, anyone who's aware of the supernatural probably carries a stake in Sunnydale. That's a point I'd make if I were part of their defence team 😂

KaitKat

Potential
And even if this were going to take place in a court that is aware of the supernatural it wouldn't make a lot of sense to pin it on slayers just because it involved a wooden stake. I mean that's how anyone trying to kill a vamp would do it, anyone who's aware of the supernatural probably carries a stake in Sunnydale. That's a point I'd make if I were part of their defence team 😂

The Mayor knew he didn’t have enough to even arrest them for let alone convict them. He just probably at the very least wanted to distract them while he preformed his ritual and he may have even wanted to turn them against each other. He accomplished both.

Even in a court aware of the supernatural they might convict Faith of a lessor charge but not murder and Buffy potentially as an accomplice but that’s a duffel discussion.

Kendar

Townie
Because he worked for the Mayor.

The rest are pretty much nobodies. (I'm not counting the 2 dead children as there's too much demonic mind control going on there.) Just like in real life, it's just that the middle class find themselves with the lower class in this case when it comes to so-called justice and police actions.

And finding wooden splinters in his chest made the Mayor think he could get the Slayers busted for Murder One (he actually should've been able to do this anyway, at least get them out of the way until after the Ascension while it's tied up in court, particularly with his magic powers, but for some reason it can't happen which begs the question why--and could have a good answer story wise had they chose to explore it).
It's not that he worked for the Mayor. He's the deputy mayor. In most cities (not all) the deputy mayor is a member of the city council and is elected by the council to the position. And council members are usually elected by the city, so he's (in theory) a significant political force on his own whose murder would certainly attract attention. So usually, the position works WITH a mayor, not FOR a mayor. Although Finch is certainly an exception in suborning himself to Wilkins, probably because he was normally too scared to cross him.

T
thrasherpix
point of order noted

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Yeah it is a bit odd, but the detective is the same guy that investigated Buffy "killing" Ted and the death of Kendra, so he already knew Buffy was trouble. Also, Buffy and Faith were arrested that night, not too far from where Faith stabbed Alan, so they were suspects. My guess is that the Mayor is the one that probably sweeps things under the rug, but because the slayers were getting in the way of his plans (and killed his assistant) he might have encouraged the detective to investigate the girls.

Reactions: Bop
Top Bottom