• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Fan Fiction on Wattpad

buffynmarvel

Townie
Hi!

I hope this is the right place to post this.

If anyone's interested, I've uploaded Part One of Slayer on Wattpad. Its rated Mature for violent imagery just to be safe. And heads up, Angel is in this because I love their relationship. It will semi-follow the series as of Part Two, but I'll be changing things where needed to fit Selene's personal storyline and that of the Avengers 😊 β™₯️

-----

Tony Stark's daughter.
Slayer / Marvel crossover.
First book in The Chosen One series.
Set after CA:WS and before Age of Ultron.

A Slayer lives, fights and dies alone, as is what the Watchers Council teaches.

Of course, there's always one exception to the rule, and Selene Teresi happens to be it.

After her mother is killed in front of her by the very vampires they were fighting, it's discovered that her father is none other than Tony Stark. She's spent the last year attending Manhattan High and being the Hellmouth's Guardian, stopping whatever supernatural freak show that decided to come out and play that week alongside her friends and Watcher.

There was only one problem.

She quit her destiny.

But, of course, Destiny has other plans.

Not only do supernatural enemies reveal themselves, but so do the human variety. Her very own father has enemies who are bent on revenge, and they see his daughter as the perfect leverage.

How long can Selene keep her secret identity while living under the same roof as a genius and an AI? And what happens when the Avengers get involved in a case that has supernatural written all over it?

-----

I also made a trailer. It isn't the best considering I'm limited with the gifs available, but I did my best lol.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
And honestly, people shouldn't have to go to another site to read your stuff - if you want people to comment you should post it here.

buffynmarvel

Townie
Nice it sounds interesting. You didn't leave a link, though.
Lol I thought about adding the link to the story then forgot πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

And honestly, people shouldn't have to go to another site to read your stuff - if you want people to comment you should post it here.
It's an actual story with chapters between 5000-6000 words each, some slightly under or over. Far too long to post here.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Thanks!

buffynmarvel

Townie
Wow, that's a lot of work, well done.

Is it only posted on Wattpad? I'm not really a fan of the site.
Thank you 😊

So far, yes. I've been looking around for other fanfic sites to post it. I don't like AO3 for sharing stories because separating the lines and the formatting in general takes forever lol. I've just signed up to fanfiction.net so I'll have a go at using that site. Are there any others you can suggest? I'm happy to have a look 😊β™₯️

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
AO3 and FF.net are the serious fanfiction sites, for sure.

AO3 is essentially run by the fandom community that got fed up with FF.net doing mass purges of NC-17 fics (though plenty of that still under rated M after they changed their rating system) and the early fandom history of authors like Anne Rice going after FF.net hosting fic for their properties. AO3 also has a history of protecting fanvidders and fanficcers using Fair Use laws and legal expertise, as well as educating people on the history of fan cultures (first fanvid was for Star Trek and it was made in 1975!).

However, FF.net still has the lion's share of fic for aging fandoms due to having been around for so many more years going back to early Internet fandoms. Fandoms that date to the '90s (even the early '00s) and prior definitely were affected badly by the Geocities closure (hence why I have a whole folder of Buffyverse personal site Wayback Machine links!) or often have their own sites entirely for hosting fanfiction. Doctor Who is one of the biggest examples of a fandom where it essentially has its largest fanfiction archive on the site known as Teaspoon. Because of the Buffyverse having existed well before YouTube and indeed FF.net, there used to be entire directory sites dedicated to helping the fandom find things. The fanvid directory was definitely still around when I joined the fandom pre-YouTube. The Buffyverse was very badly affected by site shutdowns and indeed those FF.net purges.

Wattpad has a bit of a reputation for having a lot of very young, immature writers. I'm sure it's not all, but that does seem to be the general view.

buffynmarvel

Townie
AO3 and FF.net are the serious fanfiction sites, for sure.

AO3 is essentially run by the fandom community that got fed up with FF.net doing mass purges of NC-17 fics (though plenty of that still under rated M after they changed their rating system) and the early fandom history of authors like Anne Rice going after FF.net hosting fic for their properties. AO3 also has a history of protecting fanvidders and fanficcers using Fair Use laws and legal expertise, as well as educating people on the history of fan cultures (first fanvid was for Star Trek and it was made in 1975!).

However, FF.net still has the lion's share of fic for aging fandoms due to having been around for so many more years going back to early Internet fandoms. Fandoms that date to the '90s (even the early '00s) and prior definitely were affected badly by the Geocities closure (hence why I have a whole folder of Buffyverse personal site Wayback Machine links!) or often have their own sites entirely for hosting fanfiction. Doctor Who is one of the biggest examples of a fandom where it essentially has its largest fanfiction archive on the site known as Teaspoon. Because of the Buffyverse having existed well before YouTube and indeed FF.net, there used to be entire directory sites dedicated to helping the fandom find things. The fanvid directory was definitely still around when I joined the fandom pre-YouTube. The Buffyverse was very badly affected by site shutdowns and indeed those FF.net purges.

Wattpad has a bit of a reputation for having a lot of very young, immature writers. I'm sure it's not all, but that does seem to be the general view.
Oh wow, I never knew that!! Aside from that last bit about Wattpad lol.

Ok well I'll see what I can do about AO3. I'd love to share it there if I can figure out the formatting 😊

Top Bottom