1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Fandom Meme

Discussion in 'Game Archive' started by Carrie Hopewell, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Ask Memes are very popular on tumblr and I thought we could to do them here too.

So, the idea is: I'll start by naming a fandom. The next poster will answer these questions about said fandom and name a new fandom for the next poster, and so on and so forth.

The questions you must answer are:

The first character I first fell in love with:
    The character I never expected to love as much as I do now:
    The character everyone else loves that I don’t:
    The character I love that everyone else hates:
    The character I used to love but don’t any longer:
    The character I would totally smooch:
    The character I’d want to be like:
    The character I’d slap:
    A pairing that I love:
    A pairing that I despise:

Feel free to explain your reasoning too!

So: Gilmore Girls (plenty of fans here)

2. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

I just did one for Friends :D

The first character I first fell in love with: Rory (She's like me when I was in high school. Quiet, a bookworm, prefers watching movies with her mom than hanging out with loud teens in clubs.)

The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Emily (She's my world! I love her so much. Perhaps because she reminds me of my mother and I love my mother, but also because inside her cold facade there's a very kind woman. And she's capable of change as seen in the latest sequel.)

The character everyone else loves that I don’t: Luke ( I don't hate him, but I find his negative attitude very tiring. I enjoy hanging out with positive people more.)

The character I love that everyone else hates: Dean. (I hate how they ruined his character in S4 and S5, and wish his last appearance was in S3. I also take his side in S2/S3 )

The character I used to love but don’t any longer: Rory? I still like her but it's not as much as I used to.

The character I would totally smooch: Jess (He's an asshole and someone I wouldn't wanna be friends with, but he's hot.)

The character I’d want to be like: Lorelei. I love her independence, it's so inspiring, but I dislike his disrespect to her parents.

The character I’d slap: Jess! He's such a brat, especially while living with Luke in S2 and S3.

A pairing that I love: Paris/Doyle

A pairing that I despise: Hmmm, S4/S5 Rory/Dean

Next: F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Puppet: Jared Padalecki tho <3
    Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  3. Puppet

Puppet My ass is not pansy!

Black Thorn
    Alright, we'll give this a go. I feel bad that there are only 2 posts :(

The first character I first fell in love with: Chandler Bing. He shares my sarcastic sense of humor, my somewhat negative view of the world and being stuck in a job/position that only serves to tear you down. Plus he was funny and cute ;)

The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Ross Geller. He was my least favorite for a long time, but he definitely grew on me when I re-watched the show as an adult. Now I just find him adorable and sweet and kinda awkward.

The character everyone else loves that I don’t: Hmm, does everyone love Rachel? I don't hate her, but she gets on my nerves sometimes. It is just a sitcom, I guess, but still...

The character I love that everyone else hates: Another tough one, I don't know who people hate. I love all the friends, Gunther, Janice, tell me if I hit on someone well-hated. Can't think of anyone I love that is usually hated :)

The character I used to love but don’t any longer: Used to be a big Phoebe fan, now I just love her the same as most of the other friends.

The character I would totally smooch: Chandler, for sure. I still retain a small crush on both the character and Matthew Perry, so nostalgic for me.

The character I’d want to be like: Probably Chandler? I mean, they all have issues, but at least I'm already a lot like him ;)

The character I’d slap: If I had to slap someone...Rachel?

A pairing that I love: Chandler/Monica. When I need a pick me up, I start at the episode where they first got together and watch from there :D

A pairing that I despise: Rachel/Joey, but I doubt we were meant to love that one.

Sticking with the sitcom theme: How I Met Your Mother.

sosa lola: Ross is very hated on Tumblr, they call him Friendzoned Nice Guy, but personally I ADORE him. Your answers are very similar to mine.
    sosa lola and Carrie Hopewell like this.
  4. caitaintdead

caitaintdead caiters gonna cait

Black Thorn
    HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER:

The first character I first fell in love with:
    Marshall. He's sweet and goofy and funny from the second we meet him. Jason Segel is just super likeable. I have recently starting watching Freaks & Geeks and he is just lovely in that too.

The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Robin. Like me she can't have children, love dogs, loves scotch, and is afraid of commitment. I think her will to succeed is admirable

The character everyone else loves that I don’t: Barney. I don't find the womanising/using women thing nearly as charming as other people do. Not to mention all his 'catch phrases'. Ugh.

The character I love that everyone else hates: TED! I love him. He's intelligent and funny and caring and uncompromising. People seem to not like him because of these characteristics. I see them as strengths.

The character I used to love but don’t any longer: Lily, I think I mostly liked her because she was Willow... The more I've rewatched HIMYM the less I have liked her.

The character I would totally smooch: All of them expect Barney basically! Probably Robin or Marshall if I absolutely had to choose.

The character I’d want to be like: Robin. Beautiful, successful, and has dogs.

The character I’d slap: Barney. Definitely Barney.

A pairing that I love: Lily and Marshall. So much perfection. Although I do find it hilarious when Ted turns into Hipster!Ted when he is with Laura Prepon's character.

A pairing that I despise: Robin and Ted made sense for most of the series, but to me they were never end game. Just like everyone I HATED that last episode.

Next up: American Horror Story

Taake: I love Ted too! But hate that end, yeah.
    Taake, Puppet and sosa lola like this.