• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Fanfiction Challenges

Miss Muffet

"Can I trade in the children for more cash?"
I recently saw a thread with this, but... it's dead and I can't reply to it. So here's a new one! If anyone has a fanfic idea, but don't want to do it themselves, or if they have a cool challenge, here's a place to put it. And if you want to do one, make sure you tell the poster. Hope you enjoy!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Here's an idea for a fanfic. When Dawn is up on the sacrificial tower built for Glory, someone shoots her off the tower and the spell to merge dimensions never starts. But like the memory of Johnathan in Superstar, everyone gradually forgets at different rates. But someone remembers, not necessarily Buffy. Maybe Spike or Xander. We see people mourning Dawn but gradually when she is mentioned, people start to say, "Who?" "What do you mean Buffy had a sister?" but with a gradual merge into this state for all except the one who remembers.

Miss Muffet

Challenge: LA's Witch
After leaving Willow in 'Tabula Rasa', Tara ends up in LA [insert plot reason here]. She ends up joining Angel Investigations and find that she likes it better than Sunnydale: She's not just Willow's girlfriend. Tara can influence the plot however you want.

Guidelines:
>Please don't have it end with Tara and Willow getting back together out of the blue. If you want then to get back together, it has to make sense for the characters.
>If Dawn's there, she should feel betrayed that Tara left.
>Have at least one scene with Tara acting like motherly to Connor, either baby or teenager.

Pairings: Whatever you want, just make it make sense.

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
I am quoting myself from another thread here in case these would help someone not for the adventure side of a fic they might write but for the character dynamic exploration:

Faith/Tara had Tara not died in S6 and lived through S7 and beyond. I would like to see them getting close as friends. Tara would be the one who helps Faith to learn to let people in by setting healthy boundaries. In this storyline, Tara and Willow wouldn't have come together that easily unlike they did in Entropy. Also, potentials plotline in S7 would take longer time so that we could also have time to explore character dynamics properly. Obviously, in this storyline, the Dark Willow plot would be totally different as well.
Faith/Willow in S7 and beyond as lovers. It would be interesting since they both went down a dark path at some point. Tara dies in S6, Kennedy wouldn't be the love interest for Willow in S7, or she could be there to create some drama between Willow, Faith, and herself lol. (I only recently started to think about this relationship after stumbling upon this thread, and I must say, it would be very interesting to explore.)
Faith/Dawn in S3 period altered by Monks. I am interested in seeing the dynamic between little Dawnie and the unpredictable auntie Faith.
Faith/Dawn in S7 as a continuation built upon what we learn about how S3 was like for these two.
Dawn/Willow/Tara in Summers house when Buffy was gone. Dawn grieving her mom's and sister's loss with her two adoptive moms.

I also would have loved to see some Cordelia/Scoobies dynamic in Buffy S4 onwards. 😞

I also agree with members who want to see more of Willow/Fred dynamic. I haven't seen AtS but I read about Fred and saw the episode where Willow went to help bring Angel back. I wouldn't want them to be romantically linked though, so I don't like the line "I'm seeing someone." by Willow. I would prefer them to be two friends geeking out over their intellectual interests.

Giles/Ethan in Giles' Ripper days. I know, you want it too. 😏

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Quoting yourself by you? Is that talking to ones self, still not as good as me! I argue with myself, not bad I hear you say, ah yes but I lose the argument!

Miss Muffet

Challenge: When She Was Kissed
At the beginning of the episode 'When She Was Bad', the vampire that interrupted Xander and Willow shows up a few seconds later than canon. Season 2 continues onward, but with one notable difference: Willow and Xander have kissed. Not just a peck on the cheek, but a full on kiss. Needless to say, drama ensues.

Guidelines:
> Xander starts to feel awkward about his crush on Buffy.
> Willow and Buffy have a boy talk about Xander and Angel.
> Xander and Willow can't just pretend it never happened.
> The tension can't just be resolved in one conversation.

Pairings: There are two options here: Willow/Xander, or you can keep canon's couples (Willow/Oz and Xander/Cordelia), just with extra tension.

Miss Muffet

Challenge: New Love
Spike realizes he's fallen in love with a different girl at the end of 'Out of My Mind'. This can be whomever you want, other than Buffy. You can even age up Dawn if you want it to be her. If it's Willow or Tara, what does he think/do about the fact they're gay? If it's Anya, you could probably make half the story Spike messing with Xander. Your choice if Spike gets a soul.

Guidelines:
> Mentions/flashbacks of when Spike started falling for them.
> An awkward moments between Spike and the person the object of his affection is currently with.
> Spike bemoaning his love life over a drink (this could mean anything from Joyce and cocoa, to getting drunk with Harmony).
> Riley should still leave.

Pairings: Spike/your choice

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Another take on it would be writing Spike as bi... ;)

Miss Muffet

Challenge: Land of the Living
Post Chosen. When the New Watcher's Council learns of the latest attempt for the Apocalypse, Xander is placed in charge of a group of Slayers to stop it. Unfortunately, they arrive to late, and the Doors of Death are opened. Among the people who come back are Anya, who comes back to find Xander still grieving for her. But old enemies are returning, too, and with the Doors of Death opened, they can never truly be defeated.

Guidelines:
> After the ritual is preformed, nothing happens immediately.
>They must either infer or discover that closing the Doors will not only allow people to die again, but will also cause those who came back to be dead again.
> Xander and Anya have a conversation about the wedding that didn't happen.
> Anya isn't the only Scoobie to come back. Others could include Tara, Cordelia, Jenny, Wesley, or Jonathan. Not everyone has to come back, though.
> Multiple bad guys must return. Some members of the old Council (like Quentin Travers) can also return if you want.

Choices:
> If a vampire comes back, are they human, or vampire? Or are there two of them, one human, one demon?
> Do deceased people know what happened after they died?
> (Optional) Is it even possible for Fred to come back?
> (Optional) Are the Doors of Death physical or not?

Pairings: Xander/Anya. It's your choice whether or not they stay together or she dies at the end.

Note: I've written the challenge like it's after NFA, however, you can have it take place in Angel Season 5 if you want.

Top Bottom