• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

FANtastic Challenge Round 1 Results!

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Some of those (well, most of those) are going to be really difficult to choose between! Oh my goodness.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Yeah, there are some that look to be difficult and others that look super easy.. but with some of the surprises from round one, I dont know!

Angel vs Faith, Darla vs Buffy, Spike vs Wash, River vs Fred.. Liliah vs Anya, Liliah might be able to pull that out actually..

The one I am most curious about is Zoe vs Wes. I think Zoe could pull an upset. She's a great character.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Angel (ATS) vs Faith (BTVS) is the one I'll be interested in the most. Wow.
Yes. Angel beat the BGM 27-0 and Faith beat Sierra 24-2. Sierra was a good character. It will be really interesting to see how the votes go.

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
I can see me having to toss a coin for a couple of these.... :confused:

JCoatsworth

UP THE IRONS!
Black Thorn
I'm pretty satisfied with the results. :)

One thing I was wondering though, and maybe somebody has already pointed it out, or maybe I'm just confused... In theory, isn't it possible that the finale will be Angel against himself? Don't think it'll happen, but still.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
One thing I was wondering though, and maybe somebody has already pointed it out, or maybe I'm just confused... In theory, isn't it possible that the finale will be Angel against himself? Don't think it'll happen, but still.
Not against himself in the most strict sense as it would be Angel as seen on Buffy vs Angel as seen on Angel.

@JCoatsworth Oh I don't think so at all. Angel on Buffy is really different than he was on his own show. I certainly prefer Angel on Buffy than I do on Angel.

JCoatsworth
JCoatsworth
He's still pretty much the same character, as ATS is a spin-off.

JCoatsworth

UP THE IRONS!
Black Thorn
Oh I don't think so at all. Angel on Buffy is really different than he was on his own show. I certainly prefer Angel on Buffy than I do on Angel.
That's not my point. Characters change over the course of one single series as well. Physically, he's the same person.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Oh, I actually find this kind of exciting.

There's not much contest for me on the Angel question, I'll always vote Angel. Except maybe against Buffy should it come to that... he might be in for a rough ride though, poor boy.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
That's not my point. Characters change over the course of one single series as well. Physically, he's the same person.
But you're not voting on physically the same person, you are voting on which character instance you like more. Which is why there are two different Cordys, and two different Spikes. Because the characters were different on the different shows.

JCoatsworth

UP THE IRONS!
Black Thorn
But you're not voting on physically the same person, you are voting on which character instance you like more.
I know that. That doesn't change the fact that it seems weird.

Which is why there are two different Cordys, and two different Spikes. Because the characters were different on the different shows.
Well, the actual reason is they had enough credits on both shows to be qualified twice for the tournament.
But there's also a significant difference between Cordy or Spike and Angel. Angel is the only character - as far as I can tell - that could be up against himself in the final round.

Anyway, it's not a big deal. Just something I noticed.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
In theory, isn't it possible that the finale will be Angel against himself? Don't think it'll happen, but still.
I hope not . I like Angel but not two of them plus it make the final round worthless since there be no reason.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
He's always getting his butt kicked. :(

If Angel beats Faith then he almost certainly wins the East/West side.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I Agree. Willow is quite likey to put up a good fight.

And don't forgot Cordelia is in two different categories too .So Cordy could be facing off against her self . Now that hot !

Last edited:
Top Bottom