• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

FANtastic Challenge Round 4 Results!

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
It's a shame that it's Faith on BTVS. Her appearances on Angel were much stronger. Whereas Mal on Firefly had a whole season as a main character.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I agree. It's difficult to think of Faith without the Angel episodes. Though I did like her being naughty more than nice!! But if it were the full character I think she would easily beat Mal.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Oh, but it might be Slayer vs Slayer, exciting :D
Grudge match to end all grudge matches!:p

Faith should still easily beat Mal. For the two-parter in S4 alone...

I must've missed all the good Malcolm Reynolds bits in Firefly
Finally someone who doesn't like Mal!;) Think Faith should take that one pretty easily.

Iwearthecheese
Iwearthecheese
Mal is bad...in the latin. ;)

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Grudge match to end all grudge matches!:p

Finally someone who doesn't like Mal!;) Think Faith should take that one pretty easily.
I'm not sure I think Faith has that much of a chance in either case actually...

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
This was a really old quote from Nathan about Mal and I think it sums up his character, and personality, so well. And why the character is so popular:

“In Wash, he has a lust for life and a sense of humor he’s lost. In Jayne, he has selfishness. In Book, he has spirituality. In Kaylee, he has innocence. Everybody represents a facet of himself that he has lost and that’s why he keeps them close and safe, and yet at arm’s length.”

You don't really see that kind of character anywhere else in the Whedonverse. Firefly has some of the best characters Whedon has ever done.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
It's a shame that it's Faith on BTVS. Her appearances on Angel were much stronger. Whereas Mal on Firefly had a whole season as a main character.
Maybe but that's not how I've been voting. I take Faith's whole jouney into account. Same with all the characters who were on both shows. Anything else wouldn't be fair IMO. And I'm going to continue doing that.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I'm still undecided if Faith was better on Angel. I guess because she was used less, but they really made those appearances count I can see that. But then I still see her as more of a Buffy character, and I do like her character arc on Buffy where you see where she starts and ends up.

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
If it's not a Buffy v Faith final, I'll eat my hat!

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
I hope you need the fiber because I get the feeling you gonna be eating it. And you'll need to post pictures too.
Yummy yummy in my tummy! :D

Spanky
Spanky
Going in is one thing... coming out another. I ate a fedora once and it was like giving birth.

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
What if Buffy vs. Faith ends up being a tie?

Spanky
Spanky
Faith will break the tie. She typically doesn't vote in the event that happens.
thetopher
thetopher
Then they kiss and the world rejoices! :)
Top Bottom