• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Fav Spuffy Episode Per Season

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Good list! I'm not sure I can pick better.
With S5 - S7 it was hard!
S5 also has Fool For Love which is such an amazing Spuffy episode!
S6 also has Smashed, Wrecked, Tabula Rasa & Once More With Feeling
S7 also has Touched, Showtime, Lies My Parents Told Me, Beneath You,

@GoSpuffy "But S3 is an easy pick"
S3 there's not much choice haha!
S2 - S4 was pretty easy but it was really hard for me after that!
6 & 7 have so many amazing choices!

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
But S3 is an easy pick

Stoney

Spiked!
I love so many episodes for Spuffy. My picks (aside from S3 obviously!!) could be any of a handful of episodes in each season to be honest, especially S6-7. Right at this moment I'm going to go for...
  • S2 - Becoming, part 2 - Although I'd happily go with School Hard, and probably would pick it on other days, I'm picking this for variety and because I tend to think of SH as a fave Spike ep first and foremost. The scenes around the truce in Becoming show such great glimpses of Spuffy to come and aspects of their personalities that gel and give great comedic relief in the ep too. Love it.
  • S3 - Lovers Walk - obviously :p
  • S4 - Pangs - OK, again a different pick for a little bit of variety but also because the choice to go to the Scoobs is such a significant move in what builds into Spuffy, like the truce. And that scene when she brings him blood in the tub is just excellent. :D
  • S5 - Crush - although Intervention is certainly a contender and a pivotal point, there isn't much Spuffy interaction and I love the developments that come from Crush and their stake out together. Spike's response when Buffy asks if he thinks it is a date is one of my favourite JM lines for delivery. Fool for Love, The Gift and Intervention are all ones I could happily pick for this season.
  • S6 - Life Serial - Spuffy is the absolute best thing about this episode and it gives a look to how adorable they can be together. Yeah, chosen again a bit for variety, but I could pick sooooo many episodes from this season for having favourite Spuffy aspects and/or moments to them. This and After Life have really 'feel good factor' moments for me. OMWF is an excellent choice though I have to agree. There are just loads in the final two seasons.
  • S7 - The Killer in Me - I think Buffy's worry over the chip and her trust/belief in Spike shown in this episode are so significant. The rescue in Showtime too gets me for Buffy's heart being so clear. But again, yes, there are many, many episodes to love for Spuffy this season. :)

Priceless

Scooby
Pretty much the same as @PaulParmar1 who picked some great eps

S2. This is tough, but I'd go for for Becoming . I love their truce and Spike's reasoning behind wanting to save the world. I love Buffy's lie about them being in a band, and how she finally has to come out to her mum, and Spike's there with her. I love the mistrustful eyes they give each other . . . in fact everything between them in this ep is wonderful :)

S3 - Lover's Walk :rolleyes:

S4 - Something Blue is amazing. I love their interaction before the spell. They are actually really good at communicating with each other, they are funny and snarky but always honest. Love when Buffy is teasing him, she makes it sexual, so that's what must have been in her head even before the spell :D

S5 - Intervention because this is the episode Buffy shows how much she does care for Spike. She doesn't kiss anyone on the lips who she doesn't have feelings for. This is where Spuffy starts for Buffy

S6 - So many great episodes, but it has to be Dead Things. Buffy's pain and her absolute need for Spike to be there to put it all on. Spike just taking it because it's what Buffy needs and he understands her.

S7 - Sleeper - I just adore this episode. I love how it's Buffy's blood that makes Spike remember what he's done, and that he accepts Buffy will have to stake him. But she doesn't. She trusts him enough to allow the thought that there's something else going on here. Her instinct is to care for him - see him swaddled in that blanket :)

Spuffy freak

Potential
  • S4 - Pangs - OK, again a different pick for a little bit of variety but also because the choice to go to the Scoobs is such a significant move in what builds into Spuffy, like the truce. And that scene when she brings him blood in the tub is just excellent. :D
The tub scene is in something blue not pangs. Pangs is also a very good Spuffy episode from season 4 but there is too much Angel in that episode for my liking.

For me:
Season 2: Becoming
Season 3: Lover's walk (no other option:()
Season 4: Something blue (cuz dun dun dun:p, how I wish Willow had not reversed that spell so soon and we could see more of that)
Season 5: Intervention
Season 6: Dead things is most definitely the hottest episode of entire series but I am gonna chose After Life, Spike seeing Buffy after she came back...
Season 7: So many good episodes to chose from chosen, first date, sleeper, the killer in me, touched. If I have to pick one then its gonna be touched I can't get over Spike's speech ever

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Season 2: Becoming Part 2- The alliance leads to so much, as he's invited in, it's the main cause for the breakup with Drusilla, it's the first time they fight together, etc. They also have some great chemistry and are just fun to watch.

Season 3: Lovers Walk- Sure, it's the only one, but there is some important Spuffy moments. Specifically, the scene at the Magic Box as Spike proving he understands love and Buffy. This is also the only episode of the series with Spike, Angel, and Buffy fighting together. So props.

Season 4: Who Are You- Even though it's Faith in Buffy's body, this is an obvious moment of Spike being attracted to Buffy, and, without Faith acting so Faithy, he probably would have continually pushed the feelings down and may not have had those wonderful dreams.

Season 5: The Gift- I could easily have picked about 6 others, but this one just gets to me. The stairs, the promise, the trust between them, and the tears at the end, I just can't take it.

Season 6: Dead Things- This really deals with the question of whether or not Buffy will ever let Spike in, while also dealing with the question of how Spike will be able to handle the relationship. The alley fight is basically Buffy hitting herself, desperately trying to punish herself. So much depth to this episode.

Season 7: Touched- Nothing compared to the monologue. Ever. It's so perfect. Then they lie in bed together and just look so peaceful. It's also the first time they ever embrace without having sex. Just an all around powerful scene that steals the show.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I love so many episodes for Spuffy. My picks (aside from S3 obviously!!) could be any of a handful of episodes in each season to be honest, especially S6-7. Right at this moment I'm going to go for...
  • S2 - Becoming, part 2 - Although I'd happily go with School Hard, and probably would pick it on other days, I'm picking this for variety and because I tend to think of SH as a fave Spike ep first and foremost. The scenes around the truce in Becoming show such great glimpses of Spuffy to come and aspects of their personalities that gel and give great comedic relief in the ep too. Love it.
  • S3 - Lovers Walk - obviously :p
  • S5 - Crush - although Intervention is certainly a contender and a pivotal point, there isn't much Spuffy interaction and I love the developments that come from Crush and their stake out together. Spike's response when Buffy asks if he thinks it is a date is one of my favourite JM lines for delivery. Fool for Love, The Gift and Intervention are all ones I could happily pick for this season.
  • S6 - Life Serial - Spuffy is the absolute best thing about this episode and it gives a look to how adorable they can be together. Yeah, chosen again a bit for variety, but I could pick sooooo many episodes from this season for having favourite Spuffy aspects and/or moments to them. This and After Life have really 'feel good factor' moments for me. OMWF is an excellent choice though I have to agree. There are just loads in the final two seasons.
  • S7 - The Killer in Me - I think Buffy's worry over the chip and her trust/belief in Spike shown in this episode are so significant. The rescue in Showtime too gets me for Buffy's heart being so clear. But again, yes, there are many, many episodes to love for Spuffy this season. :)
I LOVE that you chose so much variety

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
  • S2 - Becoming Pt. II - While I didn't ship Spuffy until S5, I can totally understand the fans that started after this episode aired :) (runner-up is Halloween)
  • S3 - Lovers Walk - Duh!
  • S4 - Something Blue - Duh! (runner-up is Superstar, great chemistry despite a changed world)
  • S5 - The Gift - That scene in the house. End of story.
  • S6 - Tabula Rasa - No memories and they still have powerful chemistry and connection between them :D
  • S7 - Touched - Again I say, duh! :D

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Pretty much the same as @PaulParmar1 who picked some great eps

S2. This is tough, but I'd go for for Becoming . I love their truce and Spike's reasoning behind wanting to save the world. I love Buffy's lie about them being in a band, and how she finally has to come out to her mum, and Spike's there with her. I love the mistrustful eyes they give each other . . . in fact everything between them in this ep is wonderful :)

S3 - Lover's Walk :rolleyes:

S4 - Something Blue is amazing. I love their interaction before the spell. They are actually really good at communicating with each other, they are funny and snarky but always honest. Love when Buffy is teasing him, she makes it sexual, so that's what must have been in her head even before the spell :D

S5 - Intervention because this is the episode Buffy shows how much she does care for Spike. She doesn't kiss anyone on the lips who she doesn't have feelings for. This is where Spuffy starts for Buffy

S6 - So many great episodes, but it has to be Dead Things. Buffy's pain and her absolute need for Spike to be there to put it all on. Spike just taking it because it's what Buffy needs and he understands her.

S7 - Sleeper - I just adore this episode. I love how it's Buffy's blood that makes Spike remember what he's done, and that he accepts Buffy will have to stake him. But she doesn't. She trusts him enough to allow the thought that there's something else going on here. Her instinct is to care for him - see him swaddled in that blanket :)
I agree with this so much!
Except in S2 I felt the Becoming was generally a Bangel episode!!!
Spuffy is the best tho!

Stoney

Spiked!
The tub scene is in something blue not pangs.
Yes, I realised that after I'd posted but not before I could still edit. :p Oops. :D

Season 7: So many good episodes to chose from chosen, first date, sleeper, the killer in me, touched. If I have to pick one then its gonna be touched I can't get over Spike's speech ever
OK, here is my unpopular Spuffy opinion. I don't like the Touched speech much. I know, I know. It is just, for me, it's a bit hammy. The intense eyes and super lovey dovey look from Spike I find a bit gormless. The sentiment I get, but I just find it a bit corny/romantic in a way I've always loved that Spuffy isn't.

*ducks* Sorry. Please don't throw me out of the club. :oops:

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
OK, here is my unpopular Spuffy opinion. I don't like the Touched speech much. I know, I know. It is just, for me, it's a bit hammy. The intense eyes and super lovey dovey look from Spike I find a bit gormless. The sentiment I get, but I just find it a bit corny/romantic in a way I've always loved that Spuffy isn't.

Sorry. Please don't throw me out of the club. :oops:[/QUOTE]

Awe haha everyone has a right to their opinion of course! I just love that Spuffy CAN have those romantic & amazing moments while still being interesting & electric!:)

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
S2: Becoming: They sorta work together, and its pretty great.

S3: Lover's Walk: The only option, really haha

S4: Something Blue: Don't I get a cookie? Love the wedding of Mr. and Mrs. Big Pile of Dust.

S5: Fool for Love: I actually enjoy that Buffy/Spike weren't love at first sight and the relationship evolved so much over time. This episode is interesting on many levels, including the look into how Spike's obsession with Buffy led to the destruction of many aspects of his life as a vampire. Ending is great too.

S6: Afterlife: Spikes' speech about saving her (my personal Spike favorite), him counting the days since her death, and her willingness to share with him what she couldn't with others.

S7: Touched: Love Spike's speech. It is a terrific example of how his love changed from one of obsession and selfishness to one of true selflessness in which it wasn't about him, it was about Buffy. This is why I love them together, because Spike didn't just have the potential to be a better man. He became a better man.

PaulParmar1
PaulParmar1
Spike's evolution throughout the series was amazing! From villain to anti villain to anti hero to hero <3 love him!
Stoney
Stoney
After Life is one of my favourite eps of S6. :D

Priceless

Scooby
I know where you are coming from here. @TriBel said (and of course I'm totally paraphrasing here) that Spike was giving Buffy what he felt he needed and was in some ways channelling Riley, using some of his phrasing and language. I don't know if this was deliberate by the writers or not. I like to think it was deliberate by Spike, to help Buffy.

TriBel

Scooby
I don't like the Touched speech much. I know, I know. It is just, for me, it's a bit hammy. The intense eyes and super lovey dovey look from Spike I find a bit gormless. The sentiment I get, but I just find it a bit corny/romantic in a way I've always loved that Spuffy isn't.
@Priceless is right - I don't like it either and for much the same reason (and I did say what she says I said). This though...? I've had to learn a whole new philosophical register to describe this. It's superlative! So S7 Touched - for this. The others - I'll steal @Puppet 's list (Best.Use.Of.Duh! - ever) but swap Tabula Rasa (yes to John Locke - no to the brown suit*) for After Life.

upload_2017-10-23_18-56-12.png

*TBH, I can forgive him slaughtering half of Sunnydale but I can't get beyond the brown suit.

AstridDante
AstridDante
I agree with this. I liked the speech but didn’t love it. The holding afterwards was however swoonworthy

Stoney

Spiked!
I know where you are coming from here. @TriBel said (and of course I'm totally paraphrasing here) that Spike was giving Buffy what he felt he needed and was in some ways channelling Riley, using some of his phrasing and language. I don't know if this was deliberate by the writers or not. I like to think it was deliberate by Spike, to help Buffy.
Ah now that doesn't help me like it any more I'm afraid. Spuffy's connection is so established by then emulating another feels like a huge insecurity to return to at a moment that is about their deepening trust/affection. The lead in to that night together, being the closest they have been, shouldn't be from Spike drawing on Buffy's exes to be able to give her the support and understanding she needs. I love the ep, I just am disappointed by the delivery/directing choices of the speech. I think it could even have been kept 'as is' in the writing and shot somewhat differently and it would have shed a layer of corn that would have better suited them/him. I totally agree that the way they then settle together and are entwined is golden/beautiful though and such an iconic Spuffy moment.

Spuffy freak

Potential
Riley for the life of him could never be this good with words it might be a poet thing or something but to me it felt like Spike only and him channeling William part of him that he had repressed for so long but again that's only him and not one of Buffy's ex especially the most insecure one who made Buffy feel bad about herself for not being "human enough" for him

debbicles

Music is what makes life amazing
I love Something Blue - absolutely hilarious. I always thought the spell broke just a fraction earlier for him so that when he called her Slayer he was hoping she would carry on. But maybe that's just me.
I adore Fool for Love, Crush - despite my annoyance with DF which I then forgave him for in Ats with a little exchange between Spike and Illyria - Intervention and The Gift. That whole man not monster speech is superb.
Then the usual suspects: Afterlife, which I adore, Life Serial and OMWF. Why Buffy didn't melt into a puddle when he looked at her that way in the latter two I have no idea. She's a strong woman. :))). Then Dead Things which hands down has to be one of the most audacious things I've ever seen on tv. In a recent rerun of Buffy in the U.K. the episode was missed out altogether. Bonkers. Anyway moving on: two scenes in Normal Again. Also Hells Bells.
Didn't feel it so much in S7 until Showtime, then Potential, Killer in Me. Finally Touched. I too find that speech a little corny, but as usual JM nails it.

zoe

Townie
S1 Becoming part II, i love the "I'm in a rock band", they´re enemies and still i can see complicity between them
S3 Lovers walk
S4 Something Blue, "Ooh... look at my poor neck, all bare and tender and delicious... all that blood just pumping away" and Spike´s face while he´s looking her neck, i just love it
S5 Fool for love, the last scene when he tries to comfort her and in some way she allows him
S6 Hells Bells, they´re so sweet here and the "That's because my dress is radioactive", i love their body gestures here. The first time that i saw it i thought that from here maybe the writters had decided go in a different direction of what had been shown to us and i couldn´t have been more wrong
S7 First Date, It´s hard to pick one, but in this moment i´m gonna go for this episode, the way they look each other when they try to explain Giles about the chip, then the conversation between Giles and Buffy, after the fight she makes sure that he is well, Buffy telling that she isn´t in love with Spike anymore ("Why does everybody in this house think I'm still in love with Spike?") and in the end we´ve got the "Cause I'm not ready for you to not be here". The physical contact is minimal and still a completely Spuffy episode

Top Bottom