• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Favorite "blink and you'll miss it" moment ?

Cheese Slices

A Bidet of Evil
What are those moments that took you a hundred rewatches to finally notice, but that you now cannot unsee (in a good or bad way), and do you think they were intentional ?

For example I only recently noticed that in the scene where Drusilla sires William in FFL, she um... eyeballs his crotch and grabs it. And I'm pretty sure it was intentional on Juliet Landau's part 😂

Faded90

Scooby
When Kendra is first in the library in WML. Buffy is being cocky to assert her position and she has her legs on the table, Giles doesn’t even look at her but nudges her legs off the table and Buffy sheepishly sits up straighter . I always thought it was a cute little moment

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Faith has a homemade fighting dummy in her motel room for practice slays; its made out of padding and duct-tape. You can see it in the periphery in a couple of shots from 'Revelations' onward.

There's something kinda forlorn and heartbreaking about somebody with no money and resources building her own fighting equipment because she wants to improve her slaying style or burn of excess energy.

Last edited:
C
Crossbow
I noticed that too and it bothered me that the Watcher Council didn’t look after her.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
In Anne 3.01 , there's an extra in the background of the long opening single shot at the school that goes rogue and chases the camera around .
Long hair, beige trousers , backpack , overly friendly . Now you see him too ! :D He's in the background hamming it up for every major speech in that long scene . Since I noticed him , I can't see anything else :) .

AnthonyCordova

modulating between criticism and reconstruction
Sineya
The one that comes to mind right now has nothing to do with the story, but in Angel "Lonely Heart" (S1 EP2) Angel is fighting the demon in a victim's apartment and as either the demon or Angel (can't remember which right now) gets thrown over a couch you clearly see a cameraman sitting in the corner of the room as the view is panned from left to right. As everyone knows, this isn't the last time it happens on Angel.

The one that comes to mind right now has nothing to do with the story, but in Angel "Lonely Heart" (S1 EP2) Angel is fighting the demon in a victim's apartment and as either the demon or Angel (can't remember which right now) gets thrown over a couch you clearly see a cameraman sitting in the corner of the room as the view is panned from left to right. As everyone knows, this isn't the last time it happens on Angel.
In fairness to Angel, that is entirely because they have changed the aspect ratio since it was filmed and it is now shown in widescreen when it wasn't shot that way. Because my DVDs are in the correct format I've never seen this cameraman of legend.

But in that same episode: David Boreanaz's face (and I'm sure it's DB not Angel) when Cordelia is just getting back to the office and Doyle says 'and when you're talking me up to her, whatever you do don't mention the half demon thing - women tend to get funny' is just hilarious. I don't know what he's doing - but it's one heck of a face.

Antho

Scooby
As sad as it is : the stuntmen, thoses who did the fight at the place of the actors. Particularly on Acathla, the fight between Angelus and Buffy. Also on Anne the big fight in the underground. I have seen cameo of theses fights with Crawford and cie and now when I watch thoses scenes all I only see is them. That guy that was supposed to be David Boreanaz in Acathla doesn’t look like him at all. We even see his face sometimes.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Spike & Giles (as a Fyarl demon) in A New Man, when Spike smokes a cigarette in the cemetary is kind of really badly made. I don't remember exactly but one minute Spike holds his cigarette a certain way & the next moment it's not.

DB clearly laughs in the scene of ATS when Harmony did some damage to Wesley's old book in Disharmony.

Last edited:

Stake fodder

Soulless
As sad as it is : the stuntmen, thoses who did the fight at the place of the actors. Particularly on Acathla, the fight between Angelus and Buffy. Also on Anne the big fight in the underground. I have seen cameo of theses fights with Crawford and cie and now when I watch thoses scenes all I only see is them. That guy that was supposed to be David Boreanaz in Acathla doesn’t look like him at all. We even see his face sometimes.
Also, the stuntman for Spike in S2 scenes fighting Buffy has longer, yellow hair that does not look at all like Spike's. It's especially obvious in the fighting scenes at the school. It's obviously a wig, so couldn't they have gotten a more accurate one?

Cheese Slices

A Bidet of Evil
I have some more :

• Amber Benson re-arranging her clothing and not knowing what to do with her hands during Something to Sing About in OMWF
  • Anya and Tara thumb wrestling in Tabula Rasa
  • James Marsters laughing his ass off when Demon!Jonathan disappears in a cloud of smoke in Life Serial, then being all serious, glowery Spike in the next shot
  • SMG's stuntwoman kissing David Boreanaz in End of Days/Chosen
  • Xander/NB dancing like an absolute dork in the background when Buffy and Willow study French in School Hard :p
  • Buffy and Spike's fingers are entwined during the Where Do We Go From Here number, while the other characters simply hold hands (yes, I've noticed that 😂 )

Myheadsgonenumb
Myheadsgonenumb
I've never noticed that was the stunt woman - I'll have to watch out for that.

Stake fodder

Soulless
In S3's "Earshot," Willow is complaining about how depressing the school paper is getting. Oz says, "I always go straight to the obits." I always thought that was Oz's sardonic humor, but this time it occurred to me, this is Sunnydale High! So maybe their school paper really has obituaries? Not sure what they intended, but I thought maybe it's foreshadowing for the season finale.

Top Bottom