• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Favorite Gwen episode ?

Favorite Gwen episode ?

• Total voters

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Felt that a forum that has less than 10 (all inactive) discussions needs a bit of a boost :D

What's your favorite episode with Gwen Raiden, and why ?

My favorite episode with Gwen is either 'Ground State' or 'Players'.

Ground State: Because we see that while she is a freak, she makes the best of it, such as messing with electric circuits, making her a very good and efficient thief.

Players: Because while she does enjoy all the villainous stuff her 'talent' lets her do, we also see how desperate she is to be normal, even if being normal means not being able to get away with stealing anymore.

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
Ground State. Long Day's Journey wasn't really about her so much as it was about fighting the Beast. Players was decent but after the sheer epic-ness of the Faith arc it suffered in comparison. Ground State took place at the right time in the season and Gwen made a very memorable first impression in it (you know which scene I'm talking about...) Her banter was Angel was also excellent -- you realize that they're birds of a feather -- people who are different (in different ways), but want nothing more than to be normal.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Ground State: The girl knows how to make an entrance. She was mysterious, powerful, interesting and like nobody Angel had encountered before, seeing her and Angel fight was pretty cool. You had that life-deathtrap thing as well- very James Bond.

I have a soft spot for Long Night's Journey simply because Gwen is acting as part of the team. You could see how she maybe could've become a pemenant member of AI and contributed loads of expertise and resources in later seasons. Plus she had an awesome secret base!
I also liked her conversation with Gunn whilst they were on guard duty- a nice foreshadowing of their later partnership.

I always think of 'Players' as a Gunn- centric episode, he's the one that gets to shine and take centre stage.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Ground State 4x02
Gwen Raiden truly was one of the highlights of season four for me (not hard to stand out from that big fat mess of a season, I know) - her introduction was good. It didn't feel too overdone with the mutant theme, her back story helped let you care about the character and her appearance left you wanting more, unlike, say, Bethany Chaulk. Zapping Angel and getting his heart beating was a nice idea, completely forgetting about his search for Cordelia for a split second (hawt).

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
I have a soft spot for Long Night's Journey simply because Gwen is acting as part of the team. You could see how she maybe could've become a pemenant member of AI and contributed loads of expertise and resources in later seasons. Plus she had an awesome secret base!
I also liked her conversation with Gunn whilst they were on guard duty- a nice foreshadowing of their later partnership.
That's why I like Long Day's Journey as well. Her Gwen-cave is awesome plus you get a hint of what she would be like on the team. The character seemed to gel with the team the most in this episode.

Top Bottom