• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Favorite Non-Buffy/Angel Work of Buffyverse Actors

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Julie Benz played the part of Julie Miller on Diagnosis Murder. She played a figure skater and in real life, she had competed in ice dancing, coming in 13th in the US in 1988. And true to Darla style, she was the murderer in an episode called Murder on Thin Ice.

Angel6

Potential
I think David rocks as Booth in Bones. Im gobsmacked no one else has mentioned this seeing as it’s probably one of the highest profile things any of them has done since!

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Sarah Michelle Gellar in Cruel Intentions & Suburban Girl (everyone should watch Suburban Girl, it's really cute)
Alyson Hannigan in American Pie & American Pie 2
Clare Kramer in Bring It On (such a Glory-like character but still so much fun to watch)
Amy Acker in Dollhouse
Eliza Dushku in Bring It On & Tru Calling
Nick Brendon in Criminal Minds
Seth Green in Idle Hands
James Marsters in Smallville
Charisma Carpenter in Veronica Mars
Alexis Denisof in How I Met Your Mother (Who doesn't love Sandy Rivers?)
Julie Benz & Amber Benson in Supernatural
Michelle Trachtenberg in EuroTrip and Gossip Girl

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
I only know some of those that you've mentioned.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Sarah Michelle Gellar: The Crazy Ones, Ringer, Cruel Intentions, Scooby Doo 1&2, The Grudge, and Veronika Decides to Die.
David Boreanaz: Bones, Punk'd, Valentine, and The Crow Wiked Prayer.
Alyson Hannigan: How I Met Your Mother, Veronica Mars, Thats '70s Show, and American Pie.
Nicholas Brendon: Criminal Minds, Children of the Korn III: Urban Harvest, and Psycho Beach Party.
Anthony Stewart Head: A Street Cat Named Bob and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.
Charisma Carpenter: Veronica Mars and Supernatural.
Seth Green: Scooby Doo 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Punk'd, and Crazy Ex Girlfriend.
Michelle Trachtenberg: Gossip Girl, and Ice Princess.
Alexis Denisof: How I Met Your Mother and Dollhouse.
J. August Richards: CSI Miami and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Amy Acker: How I Met Your Mother, Dollhouse, Supernatural, CSI, and Dear Santa.
Vincent Kartheiser: I have seen something else that he was in, but I can't remember it.
James Marsters: Chance, Supernatural, P.S. I Love You, and The Capture of the Green River Killer.
Amber Benson: Chance.
Eliza Dushku: Dollhouse, Wrong Turn, Bring It On, Tru Calling, Nobel Son, The Big Bang Theory, The New Guy, and Thatss '70s Show.
Joss Whedon: The Avengers.
Clare Kramer: Bring It On.
Harry Groener: How I Met Your Mother.
Mercedes McNab: Criminal Minds, The Addams Family, and Reaper.
Julie Benz: Supernatural, Saw V, CSI, CSI: Miami, and Dexter.
Juliet Landau: Criminal Minds, and I thought I've seen her on something else.
Christian Kane: Just Married and Leverage.
Marc Blucas: I don't remember what I've seen him in, but I've seen him in something else.
Emma Caulfield: Monk.
Bianca Lawson: The Vampire Diaries and Jeepers Creepers 2.
Nathan Fillion: The Big Bang Theory.
Danny Strong: I've seen him in another movie. I just don't remember what it was.
Tom Lenk: How I Met Your Mother, Transformers, and Much Ado About Nothing.
Glenn Quinn: Roseanne.
Andy Hallet: Chance.
Gina Torres: Gossip Girl.
Ken Lerner: Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, and Friends.
Cynthia LaMontagne: Veronica Mars.
Amber Tamblyn: Two and a Half Men, Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, The Grudge 2, and Joan of the Archadia.
Leonard Roberts: American Sniper.
Lalaine: Lizzie McGuire.
Charlie Weber: Reaper.
Saverio Guerra: Becker

sosa lola

Scooby
I completely forgot about Psycho Beach Party!! That was funny!

It's also got Amy Adams flirting with Nicholas Brendon before she became Tara's cousin! Now I wanna write some Xander/Beth Maclay fics! Perhaps during Xander's road trip and then Xander meets Tara for the first time.

ItMustBeBunnies

Bugger off, you brolly!
Sineya

Vincent Kartheiser:
The Hairy Bird

Julie Benz: Dexter, Supernatural

Danny Strong: Justified, Gilmore Girls

Seth Green: Stephen King’s It, Party Monster, Idle Hands, Can't Hardly Wait

Nathan Fillion: Santa Clarita Diet, Waitress, Slither

Alan Tudyk: Santa Clarita Diet, Dodgeball, Tucker and Dale vs Evil, A Knight's Tale, Knocked Up

Anthony Stewart Head; Doctor Who

Michelle Trachtenberg: Six Feet Under

Felicia Day: The Guild, Supernatural

RachM
RachM
Ahhh, Danny Strong in GG, I forgot about that! Such a fun character.

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
I think David rocks as Booth in Bones. Im gobsmacked no one else has mentioned this seeing as it’s probably one of the highest profile things any of them has done since!
I'm so going to agree with this. 😊

It took me a long time to actually watch David in this because as a BAngel fan I didn't want to see him in another coupling that was popular where some were saying was better than his coupling with Buffy/SMG?! (I KNOW I was being ridiculous 😋)
So I got to watch it properly last year (although I have seen series 11 and 12 yet) and just really loved it.
David is brilliant in it. Booth doesn't remind me of Angel and the whole show is fantastic with other great characters (Angela, Hodgins, Sweets to name a few) and Bones/Tempest Brennan and Seely Booth are just a unique and gorgeous couple.
As someone who chose to watch Castle over Bones at the time and loved Castle and Beckett, I have ended up preferring Bones now but that is to do with how it shines through for me that David and Emily have a great friendship behind the cameras which sadly can not be for Nathan and Stana.

Getting back on topic(!), also thought Alison was good in HIMYM.
And an appearance on that show by her husband Alex shook me because at that time I didn't realise he wasn't really British plus his character on the show was nothing like Wesley so I was impressed.

I've seen many more in other things and enjoy them but nothing that was noteworthy to me that I remembered years later.

Edit - OMG, how could I forget ASH who I have enjoyed in other roles from The Inbetweeners, Little Britain and Dominion. Didn't catch him in Doctor Who, I'm more of a Torchwood girl.

Last edited:
Angel6
Angel6
Absolutely love Tony in the inbetweeners! I wish Wills dad had a bigger role! And he’s absolutely perfect as the PM in little Britain too

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Oh, I forgot to mention Vincent Kartheiser in Mad Men! Loved him in that series, his character was so hilariously entertaining!

Top Bottom