• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Favourite ‘nice’ moments of the series

Faded90

Potential

For me I love at the end of ‘Same Time, Same Place’ when Buffy and Willow hold hands on the bed to heal her skin

Also when Giles sees Buffy back in Season 6
Giles - You’re ...
Buffy - I know, a miracle
Giles - yes, but then I always thought so
😭

Amends when Faiths at the door and it’s obvious in her face despite the fact she was invited that there’s a part of her petrified Buffy is going to tell her to get out. I get total Notting Hill ‘i’m also just a girl’ vibes

Chosen - handing the scythe and the mixed emotions on Faith’s face. It’s not holding hands while the world burns or desperate teary moments. It’s ‘I think I’m going to die, here’s my weapon go and kill something. THATS my ship 😍😂

Cordy’s ‘of course’ in Helpless

Also in Spiral when they’re in the Winnebago
Dawn - Thanks
Buffy - For what?
Dawn - pretty much everything
😭😭

BaskingINBangel

I'm a little bit bison
There are quite a few throughout the series that I love but these are probably my top four.

- When Buffy is awarded the "Class Protector" award in The Prom. I still cry every time I watch that scene.

- In Spiral when Spike immediately understands, and forgives Tara for opening the blinds and burning him.

- Buffy and the gang standing up for Tara, and calling her family, in Family.

-
Xander buying the prom dress for Cordy.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Sorgens Kammer 💀
Black Thorn
Giles' fatherly smile when Buffy got the Class Protector award.

Dawn's reaction to Tara and Willow getting back togther.

Cordelia finally telling Harmony to shut up, that she was a sheep.

Joyce making cocoa for Spike.

The story of Miss Kitty Fantastico.

Joyce and Spike's shared love of Passions.

The dance of Capitalist Superiority.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I always liked Angelus, the big softie, giving Dru his heart and fangblocking Spike in the process.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of how despite Buffy and Cordelia almost came to blows, and then Cordy almost got killed, AND they were in competition, the so-called "Queen Bitch" saved an exhausted Buffy from Gorch by pretending to be Faith. Also, when a crying Buffy asks Cordelia to drive her home Cordy drops the vapid airhead act for a moment and says "Of course." Just two of the reasons I see Cordelia as more than a generic mean girl, though she tried to be (and she was, but there was much more to her than that).

A favorite scene is the end of The Wish with Buffy and her friends enjoying themselves in sunlight, though it wasn't so much being nice as it was nice to know it could've been worse, but they made a difference.

Much of the rest is stated above, though I'm sure I'll think of more.

And two more just came to mind: Joyce hitting Spike with an axe saying, "Get away from my daughter." (On a lesser note, also when Joyce stood up to Principal Snyder, absolutely love her "nya-nya-nya" comment.)

Spike doesn't hold a grudge...one of the times that was a very pleasant surprise was when Spike came to drop off flowers for Joyce's memory and it was clear it had nothing to do with scoring points with Buffy or anyone else, he'd genuinely liked her without any real selfishness or manipulation to it.

Oh! that scene where Angel tells Judy in the Hyperion that he forgives her just before Judy dies. That really gets to me. Angel may not find it easy to forgive himself, but he usually can others.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Choices when Willow says she's going to college in Sunnydale and she and Buffy hug and laugh. It's such a sweet friendship moment.
Yeah that hug pounce ♥
I like the scene at end or Dead Mans Party where Willow & Buffy are playfully insulting each other.
In Reptile Boy where Buffy & Xander are braiding Willow's hair while watching TV.

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
Cordelia telling the Go Fish monster that she'll still love him and buy him pool toys because she thinks he is Xander.
Spike and Dawn - so many of their moments are really nice.
Spike telling Buffy that he was sorry she had to die because he didn't keep his promise to keep Dawn safe.
Angel and Cordelia falling asleep feeding Connor

just off the top of my head...

Spike taking Buffy to the couch to fix up her hands after she dug her way out of her grave - and the look on his face when he first realises it is her.
Anya and Tara's friendship - their chat about the magic box website, them thumb wrestling, Tara listening to Anya practice her wedding vows.
Buffy and Xander talking about Ampata and how Buffy died but she had Xander to bring her back at the end of Inca Mummy Girl.
Buffy's smile when Faith says she isn't the one and only chosen any more and will have to live like a normal person.

A lot have already been mentioned above, but also

When Giles tries to ask Jenny out and she ends up asking him out

When Buffy asks Giles to lie to her about life ever getting easy, after she stakes Ford

When Oz turns down Willows offer to make out because even though he wants to do it, he says he will wait until she really means it

The end of Amends

The end of Earshot when Buffy tells Giles she knows about him and her mum and he walks into a tree (probably more of a funny moment, but it just feels nice after what Buffy had been through in the ep)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
For a show all about not doing the expected, I kinda love the small example of that in (can't remember the episode) S2, when Giles and Jenny lean in for a kiss and then the bell rings, but instead of the classic scene where they don't get to finish, they ignore it and we get their first kiss after all.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Buffy receiving the Class Protector award
Buffy bandaging Angel's hand while venting her frustrations over Ted
Tara and Anya thumb-wrestling in the background when Buffy enters the Magic Box in Tabula Rasa
Buffy and Xander giving Dawn her "Back To School" present
Fred and Gunn having pancakes breakfasts
Angel making breakfast for Cordy and Wes
Gunn sitting by Wesley's hospital bedside after he gets shot in The Thin Dead Line
Spike and Fred talking at the end of Hellbound

sweetiepie

Townie
In

For me I love at the end of ‘Same Time, Same Place’ when Buffy and Willow hold hands on the bed to heal her skin

Giles - You’re ...
😭

Amends when Faiths at the door and it’s obvious in her face despite the fact she was invited that there’s a part of her petrified Buffy is going to tell her to get out. I get total Notting Hill ‘i’m also just a girl’ vibes

Chosen - handing the scythe and the mixed emotions on Faith’s face. It’s not holding hands while the world burns or desperate teary moments. It’s ‘I think I’m going to die, here’s my weapon go and kill something. THATS my ship 😍😂

Dawn - Thanks
Buffy - For what?
😭😭
Seein

Giles - You’re ...
😭

Dawn - Thanks
Buffy - For what?
😭😭
In Seeing Red when Warren brought attention to him in that bar.

darkspook

Townie
Buffy and Xander at the end of ‘Inca Mummy Girl.
Giles’s reaction to Buffy telling him Jenny called him a babe.
Xander’s hero speech to Buffy in ‘The Freshman’

Top Bottom