• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Favourite Fuffy moments

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Both total pragmatists, no melodramatic declarations of ‘I trust you’ or anything like that just simply ‘I’m probably dying so here’s my weapon go and kill things’

'Hold the line' is just so beautifully understated. Buffy trusting Faith. yay.

The thing I appreciate about their S7 relationship is that Faith is literally the only one to see that Buffy has a rough deal ‘you got a rough sitch here’ and while the others are making Buffy’s clear emotional crumble all about themselves shes the only one to see it for what it is - that Buffy herself is really struggling

Which makes a lot of sense; Faith is coming in to all of this with fresh eyes, she's very much the outsider and she doesn't want to over-step. At the same time she reads people pretty well.
So she is sympathetic to Buffy's circumstances, considers it rough going, is encouraging about her ability to lead the potentials ('fashion disasters but ready to fight' as she puts it), backs her play and asks if her being there is actually helping.

Also it’s in the shooting script and is a bit of a ‘blinks and miss it moment’ but I love in End of Days when they bring Faith back and she’s unconscious on Buffy’s bed the script describes Buffy as being ‘overcome with emotion’ at seeing her like that

Buffy might try and convince herself that she wants Faith hurt- perking up when she hears that Spike attacked her- but seeing the reality, Faith near death- very different. And quite upsetting.
So glad that we had 'empathy/compassion Buffy' back behind the wheel after so long.

Don’t know how I would qualify the looks but there is definitely something.

Oh, and the look she gives Buffy when she saves her in 'Bad Girls'; staking the vamp in the back, then he disappears and she's all, 'hey, beautiful' with her eyes.

No but they’re cop partners together.

But everyone keeps on saying 'oh, so you're, like, partners' even when they're out-of-uniform and off-duty. Then Faith just grins and Buffy blush-stammers 'not in that way'.
Oh what, that didn't happen?

Faded90

Scooby
'Hold the line' is just so beautifully understated. Buffy trusting Faith. yay.

Which makes a lot of sense; Faith is coming in to all of this with fresh eyes, she's very much the outsider and she doesn't want to over-step. At the same time she reads people pretty well.
So she is sympathetic to Buffy's circumstances, considers it rough going, is encouraging about her ability to lead the potentials ('fashion disasters but ready to fight' as she puts it), backs her play and asks if her being there is actually helping.

Buffy might try and convince herself that she wants Faith hurt- perking up when she hears that Spike attacked her- but seeing the reality, Faith near death- very different. And quite upsetting.
So glad that we had 'empathy/compassion Buffy' back behind the wheel after so long.

Oh, and the look she gives Buffy when she saves her in 'Bad Girls'; staking the vamp in the back, then he disappears and she's all, 'hey, beautiful' with her eyes.

But everyone keeps on saying 'oh, so you're, like, partners' even when they're out-of-uniform and off-duty. Then Faith just grins and Buffy blush-stammers 'not in that way'.
Oh what, that didn't happen?
Well in my head in did happen now so thanks for that 😉 plus final ever shot with a ‘congratulations Buffy and Faith’ poster. Complete with invisible ‘finally’ 😉

yeah I love that look in Bad Girls

Faith gets under Buffy’s skin. There can be a chock load of anger there but she always has that little soft spot for her that she just can’t get rid of

Top Bottom