• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Favourite Pairing?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
So, what's your favourite pairing on the show?
Doesn't have to be a romantic one, just a relationship/interplay between two characters that you always got a kick out of seeing interact.

For me I always enjoyed Topher/Boyd- Boyd's dry wit and Topher's fake chuminess complimented each other very well.
Plus- 'man-friend'. :)

Others are Adelle/Mr. Dominic- while it lasted, and Echo/Sen Perrin -for a couple of really great scenes (although that's largely because of fond Wes/Faith interplay).

white avenger

white avenger
I liked Echo and Ballard, more for what we didn't actually see happen, but could easily imagine, during the 10 year gap between the last episode of Season 2, and the second epilog. Also, I may be one of the few people who actually thought that Echo receiving Ballard's personality in the end was rather beautiful, and something that Joss kind of went back to in the movie, "In Your Eyes," minus the death part.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
I have a few! But my two favorite are probably Adelle/Topher and Topher/Bennett.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Topher/Boyd here too and also Adelle/Mr. Dominic, I'm just copying you now ;)

I also really enjoy Topher/Dr. Saunders even though it's not that many scenes oh and of course Paul and Alpha/Stephen Kepler! Love them together.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Ooh, and I forgot Topher/Bennet, which was just about the cutest/sweetest thing even seen in existance. :D

Love those two.

Now I'll know if @Taake is copying me. ;)

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Victor/Sierra, hands down.

I also liked the relationship between the real Sierra (Priya?) and Topher. It was hard and tough and sometimes difficult to watch, but I liked that about it. I liked what was created there and I wish we got to see more of that.

Topher/Adele is another one I enjoyed. At the start it was cold, calculated. Adele was closed off and she kept Topher at a distance, because she said it herself, he was chosen because of his lack of moral code. But at the end, she became a mother to him, she cared about him and she was clearly hurt when she realized that he would die. I just wish we could have see that transition play out on screen instead of just seeing the end result.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Well Topher and Bennett were indeed the bee's knees
@thetopher :D

Yes, and Adelle and Topher! Hm, pretty much everyone and Topher it seems ;)

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Adele and Topher. Really Adele and Topher paired with anyone worked for me. Sierra and Echo I also liked their growing friendship while in Doll state. I pretty much like all pairing except Paul and Echo, and I don't really care for Boyd. But Adele and Topher is my favorite, and so heartbreaking in the Epitaph episodes.

MarlieTheSlayer

Bangel shipper
Black Thorn
The scenes with Adelle and Topher were always amazing, especially the ones with humor.
Victor and Sierra are my favorite romantically pairing. They are truly soul mates.

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
Adele/Topher: Goes without saying. One of my favorite Adele lines is in Epitaph Pt. 2 is when she calls Topher a genius, even though he's a crazy, blubbering mess by this point.

Topher/Bennett: Too adorable for words. Summer Glau is very beautiful here.

Victor/Sierra: No matter how many times their personalities were erased, they would always find each other! (Reminds me of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). And they're one of the few couples in anything Whedon ever that actually got a happy ending!

Echo/Ballard: Could've used a bit more development, but I was OK with it.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I agree with everything except the last. Didn't like echo and Ballard at all

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I saw this thread and thought, are there really enough romantic pairings to discuss? Glad that's not the direction the actual thread went in, lol.

But, I do have a favorite romantic pairing; Victor/Sierra-Tony/Priya. To coin a popular Sunnydale phrase... duh!

Beyond that, it's very similar to many others here. Topher/Adele, whether comedic or serious, those two just had incredible chemistry. I really enjoyed the Ballard/Mellie scenes, from first to last, they had much better chemistry than Ballard/Echo, imo. And, yes, the shades (or memories) of Wes/Faith did cause me to really enjoy the Echo/Perrin scenes, as well.

I'll add a bonus round, because I adore the chemistry, acting and writing behind the Echo/Victor/Sierra dynamic, mostly utilized in S2.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Well, Victor and Sierra both ended up living. Which makes them win against every other romantic pairing. They actually provide hope for the future instead of making me devastated at the loss of another character's chance at being happy.

HelloIAmHawt

The Master's Publicist
OK, so I am only on s2e1 of my re-watch, last watched about 8 years ago, so there are probably some pairings I'm forgetting (and no, I don't feel like waiting to reply to this because I am watching at a standard rate of 1 episode per week because reasons, I can always post again... right?).

Topher/Boyd and Topher/Adelle are definitely some of the most fun pairings. Topher/Dominic is one of the funniest offered--they hated each other from the first (LUL at that Epitaph One flashback) and it pleases.

If we're talking romantic pairings:

I did some Dominic/Adelle shipping throughout season 1 and when they were in that suspiciously sexy position in Epitaph One (her office, him attacking her) I did hold out hope for at least one smooch.

Another romantic pairing I did like, for its brief moment in time, was Ballard/Mellie. He was terrible to her before and after the revelation (be nice to her, she gives you leftovers... does she know what leftovers are?), which is meh, but for that brief sexy-snuggle-spring-rolls moment, it was really excellent.

I'm not huge on the Sierra/Viktor and Ballard/Echo/Caroline bits, too informed, too white-knighty.

Monkey Pants

Bored Now
Black Thorn
Non-romantically I like Adele/Topher, Topher/Claire-Whiskey, and Echo/Alpha. Also Adele/Echo. Romantically I like Victor/Sierra and Bennett/Caroline-Echo :p.

Wesley Junior

Potential
Victor/Sierra - I love their soulful connection and how it transcended their Doll states. I'm happy that they got to be a family in the end.

Echo/Sierra - They were the Buffy and Willow of Dollhouse.

Echo/Boyd - I liked how Boyd was a surrogate father to Echo. They shared a deep bond of love and trust. Then it was all ruined by the half-assed twist of Boyd's treachery. I'll never get over that.

Topher/Saunders - Saunders kept Topher on his toes, prodding at his conscience that he tried so hard to suppress until the time came for him to deal with it on his own.

Topher/Bennett - They made such an adorable geeky couple. Breaks my heart to think of how that ended.

Topher/Adele - I often enjoyed the chemistry between these two characters. Topher was like the son Adele never knew she wanted until the world went to hell.

Last edited:

Cheyanne Suttle

Potential
VICTOR AND SIERRA. You could really tell just how much if you read my thread that I created while I was watching it lol.
I dont much care as much for Pria and Anthony as much for some reason.

Topher and Bennett would be in 2nd place.

Top Bottom