• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Favourite pieces of music in Buffy

burrunjor

Potential
I'm going to say.

Buffy sacrifice in The Gift is as close to perfection as a tv show can get. The dialogue, everyone's performance (particularly Tony Head and James and Michelle) and this piece all just go together so beautifully, but even on its own this is a great piece of music.

Such a beautiful and sad piece. Apparently Ed Sheeran sampled this on a song. It just goes to show the impact the show had on the people who grew up on it.

Tank1978

Scooby
I have to say mine is also close your eyes and various offshoots of it such as moment of happiness and massacre. Also really like the piano version of the theme tune which is played at the end of Prophecy girl. It's called we saved the world, I say we party. Also really love sacrifice from the gift/bargaining part 2.

My favourite one in Angel is Hero.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
I'm prejudiced in favor of Cibo Matto "Sugar Water" (I love the scene too) and The Sundays "Wild Horses" (also a great scene, an iconic one I feel).

Tank1978

Scooby
I love the music in Buffy and to a lesser extent Angel. I've been collecting as much as i can over the last 18 months and now have a buffyverse playlist of 312 songs. All in order of when they appeared in the series. 🤓

Listening to this is a bit like doing a rewatch as I can picture the scenes when they appeared.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm prejudiced in favor of Cibo Matto "Sugar Water" (I love the scene too) and The Sundays "Wild Horses" (also a great scene, an iconic one I feel).
Came to make this post. Now I’m not sure where I end and you begin. Are you a figment of my imagination? :p

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
You've done it to me too!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
If you are going to host a party and you let Drusilla choose the playlist, Transylvanian Concubine by Rasputina will be the best thing she chooses.

[youtube]

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I like that there's a lost version of "Goodbye to you" that only exists in "Tabula Rosa" and nowhere else.

sunestellar

Townie
Basically every track from season 7.
The DVD menu (extract from the final fight) sounds particularly epic

I love this one too :

Apart from season 7, I must give a honourable mention to the Zeppo which is very fun

And I reckon we all agree on this one:

Top Bottom