• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Firefly (Re)watch & Discuss: 1.11 Trash

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
This week, we'll be watching the eleventh episode of the first (and only!) season of Firefly - Trash - written by Ben Edlund & Jose Molina and directed by Vern Gillum. This (re)watch is open to new Firefly viewers and existing fans. Everyone is welcome to join in!

This episode 11 (re)watch takes place between 19th August 2017 - 25th August 2017. You can watch this episode at your leisure during that time and discuss the episode below.

Although Firefly has aired for some time, this and all future episode threads are a dedicated no spoiler zone! Please ensure any spoilers are spoiler tagged. :)

Trash - S1E11
Synopsis
When Saffron crosses paths with Mal again, she asks him to help her rob an extremely valuable antique weapon from a wealthy man. Once Mal and Saffron are inside, they are discovered, and it is revealed that the man is married to Saffron. Although the man seems initially oblivious, he is aware of Saffron's true nature and calls the authorities.

thrasherpix

Scooby
The writers had fun with this one. Even the dialog made me laugh. It must've been fun for the actors, too.

"So...you guys have met?"

"Damn you, Bridget! Damn you ta Hades! You broke my heart in a million pieces! You made me love you, and then y-- I shaved my beard for you, devil woman!"

"Marriage is hard work, Mal. I know it. That doesn't mean we should give up."

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Great character work in this episode, but the plot is lackluster. In fact if it didn't have Saffron in it I'd probably not bother watching. I do love the dialogue between Mal & Saffron and Christina Hendricks is perfect, but everything else is pretty lame actually. Another standout scene for River though.

I do love that Mal calls her Yo-Saff-Bridge though. :D

Mylie

Scooby
Fun episode!

Inara really shined in this.

The Jayne/Simon/River scene at the end was hilarious! «Also, I can kill you with my brain » lmao

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
What stands out is the great dialogue. The heist plot is pretty basic. But it's a fun episode.

I like learning more about Saffron. There's some great dialogue between her and Mal.
"He's my husband"
"Well who in the galaxy ain't!" Lol.

River "I can kill you with my brain" lol
I liked the scene with Simon and Jayne.
Love the twist with Inara at the end!

Top Bottom