• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Firefly References on Castle

white avenger

white avenger
Has anyone else seen this? Some of the stuff is kind of reaching, but some are definitely intentional,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFj8eFZx-TA"]Firefly References on Castle - YouTube[/ame]

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Oh and there was an episode earlier this season that seems to be a definite Firefly-like reference. From Wikipedia:
"87 6 "The Final Frontier" Jonathan Frakes Kate Sargeant November 5, 2012 10.02[111]
One of the fans of a cult science fiction television show is murdered at a fan convention, leaving Beckett and Castle caught between avid fans and celebrity egos. Suspicion turns on the cast of the original show when they learn that the victim was resisting plans to revive the series for modern audiences. This episode contains multiple references to Nathan Fillion's leading role in Firefly (referred to as "that Joss Whedon show"), a short-lived science fiction television show, that actually has reached cult status. "

white avenger
white avenger
Yeah, this Youtube video was obviously done before that episode aired. It's a safe bet that we haven't seen the last "Firefly/Serenity" reference on "Castle."

Jodast

Hand of the King
Sineya
Castle is my current obsession, so I have geeked out at a few of these as I have seen the show.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
i love all the refrences that they do on castle. i loved when Nathan as Castle dressed up as Mal for halloween.
Agreed! The Mal moment is brilliant but I love that they're not afraid to bring it up again as well (kind of like Big Bang Theory referencing it every so often... there are a lot of people out there still slightly bitter about that cancellation)

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

You can't take the sky from me
Black Thorn
i was never happy with Fox for canceling it. when i learned there was only one season i got upset. It would have been great if there was more seasons.

Top Bottom