• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Former Cast & Crew Respond To Questions About New Series.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
"James Marsters & Amber Benson 'hopeful' for a new Buffy the vampire slayer for a new generation"

Summary: An interview at a comic con. Per J.M., to his knowledge the series is still on, just being produced very slowly. The interview was available for viewing, but as of 4/14, was pulled by Fox.

Analysis: A confirmation the series is still on, but one based on heresay. But JM does have somebody on his cell phone directory who knows for certain, which is more than most of us can say.

A question for the Mods; It's my opinion, that even thought these types of news stories really don't reveal anything new, they should still be documented and brought to the attention of the board readership, as they may be of interest. Would you prefer that I or other readers create a new posting for every new item, or should we just post to one "Rumors" thread? I see value both ways, but it's an organization issue, so I would like your thoughts. Please and thank you.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Is there any production of anything going on today?

With a lot of places in complete lockdown and the television industry not being essential (despite what any TV execs might say), I doubt there will be much of anything going on. And the industry likes to keep people guessing rather than shut the door on any hope of production. Also, "being produced very slowly" makes little sense. If you are staging a production, you need access to various buildings and all shots taken in that building are usually done at the same time. Road closures for various shots have to be approved by city council and they are more likely to approve a closure for two days than any longer period. Taking longer means having a film crew getting paid longer which means a more expensive production. The mark of a financially successful production is that it is done quickly due to the irreducible fixed daily costs.

JM's comment may refer to pre-production activities and planning, where it would make sense. No one has mentioned the existence of a producer, screenwriter or any of a number of things that have to exist before anyone can do anything and this is a business where people announce everything of this sort as soon as it happens. Fox may have pulled the interview because it doesn't make sense.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Agreed. If they are still doing this, they should take their time. It's clearly difficult to create true legacy television, something that regards old fans for watching but doesn't alienate new fans. A lot of these reboots were rush jobs done by hired gun producers, so someone who's is committed to the long term success of the product is good, regardless of the current status of the project.

white avenger

white avenger
I put this in my "I'll Believe Iit When I See It" file, along with the reboots of "Highlander," "Dark Angel," "The Man From UNCLE," "Firefly." and going all the way back to "THE Cat," and "Sea Hunt," (a couple of my favorites from way back when I was still in high school) I would watch it if it happened, but I ain't pinning all my hopes on ever seeing it really happen.

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
Personally I still am not convinced about the reboot happening inspite of James Marsters comments. The remarks are not enough proof that reboot is still being even considered. That the video of the interview in which James Marsters commented about the reboot was pulled by Fox causes me to belief even more that the reboot was just talk and nothing else. Unless there is more or the trailer is posted I will not be waiting with bated breath for the Buffy reboot.

Top Bottom