• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Found the entire Buffy & Angel DVD sets at Value Village!!

VCA

If the apocalypse comes, beep me
I literally just came in to buy a hat I saw a couple of days ago when I stumbled upon this:

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

And then I found the Angel DVDs in another part of the store! They also had some of the Supernatural, Charmed and Friends DVDs.

Each season was being sold for $7 and all of the DVDs are in mint condition. I bought them and tested them out and they work perfectly :)

I don't know why these were donated, but I'm just happy that I have the collection now!

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Streaming media has rendered DVD series collections as obsolete as Enclyopedia sets. Series that were important and popular ten years ago, are now relics of another age as well. So I would expect a lot to be dumped over the next few years. It's still a good find, and I expect a lot of things like this to not survive the next ten years.

VCA

Streaming media has rendered DVD series collections as obsolete as Enclyopedia sets. Series that were important and popular ten years ago, are now relics of another age as well. So I would expect a lot to be dumped over the next few years. It's still a good find, and I expect a lot of things like this to not survive the next ten years.
Totally agree. The only problem with streaming media is that it doesn't really belong to you. Unless you torrent the shows and have your own copy of the files, the media is there for you to access until whoever owns the streaming server decides to remove it.

I guess it's just personal preference, but it's nice having an actual physical copy of the shows instead of having to find third-party streaming sites to watch Angel/Buffy or hoping that Netflix renews their licenses for the shows (and sadly, the Netflix in my region got rid of Angel).

J

joseph

good find I have the first six season of buffy I would never give them away even will streaming love the show too much to give it away plus the special features season 1 has that great video by Hepburn I quit.

Reactions: VCA

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I don't disagree. I have the entire run of Buffy, on loan to a younger cousin, something I couldn't do with Hulu. I also have series that don't reliably show up on streaming, like Blade. I agree, any series you want commentary or special features for, get the DVD. The only thing I hate about DVDs are the menus, which were awful when they first came out. But, if you don't find yourself watching the series that much, and are short on space, donating a two decade old series you picked up ten years ago does make sense.

Reactions: VCA

VCA

I don't disagree. I have the entire run of Buffy, on loan to a younger cousin, something I couldn't do with Hulu. I also have series that don't reliably show up on streaming, like Blade. I agree, any series you want commentary or special features for, get the DVD. The only thing I hate about DVDs are the menus, which were awful when they first came out. But, if you don't find yourself watching the series that much, and are short on space, donating a two decade old series you picked up ten years ago does make sense.
Yeah, a lot of the menus (especially for anything from the 90s and early 2000s) are super cringey.

Top Bottom