• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Foxy's 30 days of Buffy Art & Writing Challenge

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Hey all,

I want to push my creative boundaries a bit so I want to do a 30 day art/writing challenge. Most of you know that I love to draw/paint, but few know that I used to dabble in writing, as well (quite horribly at that). So, I thought let's push myself to develop a bit. I have made myself a list of prompts, which usually consists of a word or a short phrase. I want to give myself full freedom so I don't want to do it in order, but I want to number them for my own sake. My goal is that I get something done, even though the quality might not be incredible. So don't expect 5000 word fanfics or full digital pieces. Just havin' fun here :)

I have based these prompts on random ideas or stuff that I've found on the internet. I will be posting my works in this threads and suggestions are always welcome.

1. Slay
2. Happiness
3. Betrayal
4. Romance
5. Death
6. Villain
7. Alternate story
8. Colourful
9. Non-canon ship
10. Canon ship
11. Blue
12. Vampire
13. 90s fashion
14. Adulthood
15. Xander
16. Buffy
17. Giles
18. Snark
19. Darkness
20. Light
21. Cats
22. Create a Slayer!
23. Magical Monster
24. Cruel
25. Cowardly
26. Insert a character
27. Swap a character and story line
28. Hellmouth
29. Dirt
30. Friendship

I might end up changing a few prompts if I don't like them or can't think of anything. I will do my best to update everyday, but art might come a few days in a row as I need the printer at my work to scan the pages. If anyone wants to join/steal my challenge list then go for it. No idea what the art and writing ratio is going to be. Wish me luck!

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
If you want someone to bounce ideas off I'm happy to lend you the use of the pit of random weirdness that is my brain......

If I get the time I might have a go at writing a short piece that includes all 30 words/phrases...just to see if I can :D

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
*bounces M&Ms off watchers head* 😃
Foxy
Foxy
I might take you up on that! Yes, join in and give it your own crazy spin. It will be fun :)

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Okay, I did not intend to write such a long piece and I haven't written anything for over 5 years. So feedback is welcome, but do be kind :) Any tips language-wise are always welcome too, as English is not my first language. Just be warned, this story is angst galore! Aaah this is so scary!

Prompt: Death

The house was dark and, oddly enough, the door was slightly ajar. My Scooby senses immediately started tingling. The open door could be the result of a few things. Buffy maybe forgot to close the door as she left in a hurry, or something in the evil sense was going on. My sister had, thankfully, prepared me for situations like these. It was like the survival guide for non-Slayers, which was me, I guess. First, I had to check out the ground floor and then I would check all the bedrooms upstairs.

I sighed. I really did not feel like dealing with the monster flavor of the week that had decided to terrorize us. I had had a long ass day and I just wanted to watch some TV. Not gonna happen then. I retrieved the stake from my backpack and slowly made my way to the front door. No weird smells, no apparent damage or any signs of a fight. ‘Buffy? Are you home?’ I called out. I waited a moment and said ‘Tara? Willow? Anybody home?’.

Nothing.

I felt a pit in my stomach. I put on a brave face ‘Helloooo, evil monsters who want to kill me? My sister, the Slayer, will kick your undead butts!’
Silence. Just absolute and utter silence. This house was deserted. No signs of life, or unlife for that matter. I decided to enter the house, turned on a few lights and checked out the ground floor. I gradually made my way upstairs and I felt this heaviness in my chest. Something was definitely wrong. Had something happened? This was supposed to be Buffy’s night off. Maybe it was a Slayer emergency.

All the bedroom door were closed, except one. I entered the room and there I saw her.

How can a second last an eternity? I could only stare at her. Her body. Her light blue sweater covered in blood. The hole in her chest. Her body lay eerily still. Why was she alone?

I tried to call out her name, but I could not make a sound. I was frozen to the spot. I don’t know how much time had passed before I finally moved. I whispered her name. I made my way towards hers. She still hadn’t moved. I looked at her neck, but there weren’t any bite marks. I just saw the blood on her shirt.

Oh god.

It was her blood. There was so much of it. It was everywhere. Soon my hands were covered in her blood, as well. My tears mixed with her blood. I screamed, feeling more desperate now ‘Please, wake up!’ How did that stupid CPR stuff work again? My mind was working in overdrive, but I could not remember. Damnit, it went on the beat of that one song. Why did I chat with Janice rather than pay attention during our Health and Safety class. If I could remember, then I could still save her.

I shook her roughly, feeling more frantic as each second passed. Then I accidentally touched her hand. It was ice cold. I felt myself become absolutely still and silent. Like mom’s hand. The moment I had touched your hand I knew you were gone. I was too late, but your hands were so cold. I needed to keep you warm.

Minutes or hours could have passed. I sat next to you and was busy rubbing your hands. Suddenly, I realized that I was truly alone. Slowly I raised my hand to remove a strand of hair from your face. After a while, I begged her ‘ You can’t leave me. Mom has left me, Buffy left me for a while and I haven’t seen Dad in years. Please. You need to come back. Willow can bring you – oh god, Willow. Where is she?’

I wanted to go and look for Buffy, but I could not leave you. I didn’t want you to be alone. It felt like another eternity had passed before I could speak again. There was some hope in my voice ‘Buffy came back. This is just temporary. Willow has done it and can do it again.’ I looked at your body. At your corpse. I didn’t feel anything and all had hope left me.

‘Tara, please wake up. I need you.’

Of course, you never did.

W
WillowFromBuffy
Powerful stuff. I loved the shift where Dawn goes from referring to Tara in the third to second person. I've never seen that before. Also, nice Buffy-isms. "Monster flavour of the week" :p
Taake
Taake
Oh god, tearjerker. Brilliant stuff though, making good use of one of the most striking scenes of the series which wasn't dwelled upon then.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Okay, I did not intend to write such a long piece and I haven't written anything for over 5 years. So feedback is welcome, but do be kind :) Any tips language-wise are always welcome too, as English is not my first language. Just be warned, this story is angst galore! Aaah this is so scary!

Prompt: Death

The house was dark and, oddly enough, the door was slightly ajar. My Scooby senses immediately started tingling. The open door could be the result of a few things. Buffy maybe forgot to close the door as she left in a hurry, or something in the evil sense was going on. My sister had, thankfully, prepared me for situations like these. It was like the survival guide for non-Slayers, which was me, I guess. First, I had to check out the ground floor and then I would check all the bedrooms upstairs.

I sighed. I really did not feel like dealing with the monster flavor of the week that had decided to terrorize us. I had had a long ass day and I just wanted to watch some TV. Not gonna happen then. I retrieved the stake from my backpack and slowly made my way to the front door. No weird smells, no apparent damage or any signs of a fight. ‘Buffy? Are you home?’ I called out. I waited a moment and said ‘Tara? Willow? Anybody home?’.

Nothing.

I felt a pit in my stomach. I put on a brave face ‘Helloooo, evil monsters who want to kill me? My sister, the Slayer, will kick your undead butts!’
Silence. Just absolute and utter silence. This house was deserted. No signs of life, or unlife for that matter. I decided to enter the house, turned on a few lights and checked out the ground floor. I gradually made my way upstairs and I felt this heaviness in my chest. Something was definitely wrong. Had something happened? This was supposed to be Buffy’s night off. Maybe it was a Slayer emergency.

All the bedroom door were closed, except one. I entered the room and there I saw her.

How can a second last an eternity? I could only stare at her. Her body. Her light blue sweater covered in blood. The hole in her chest. Her body lay eerily still. Why was she alone?

I tried to call out her name, but I could not make a sound. I was frozen to the spot. I don’t know how much time had passed before I finally moved. I whispered her name. I made my way towards hers. She still hadn’t moved. I looked at her neck, but there weren’t any bite marks. I just saw the blood on her shirt.

Oh god.

It was her blood. There was so much of it. It was everywhere. Soon my hands were covered in her blood, as well. My tears mixed with her blood. I screamed, feeling more desperate now ‘Please, wake up!’ How did that stupid CPR stuff work again? My mind was working in overdrive, but I could not remember. Damnit, it went on the beat of that one song. Why did I chat with Janice rather than pay attention during our Health and Safety class. If I could remember, then I could still save her.

I shook her roughly, feeling more frantic as each second passed. Then I accidentally touched her hand. It was ice cold. I felt myself become absolutely still and silent. Like mom’s hand. The moment I had touched your hand I knew you were gone. I was too late, but your hands were so cold. I needed to keep you warm.

Minutes or hours could have passed. I sat next to you and was busy rubbing your hands. Suddenly, I realized that I was truly alone. Slowly I raised my hand to remove a strand of hair from your face. After a while, I begged her ‘ You can’t leave me. Mom has left me, Buffy left me for a while and I haven’t seen Dad in years. Please. You need to come back. Willow can bring you – oh god, Willow. Where is she?’

I wanted to go and look for Buffy, but I could not leave you. I didn’t want you to be alone. It felt like another eternity had passed before I could speak again. There was some hope in my voice ‘Buffy came back. This is just temporary. Willow has done it and can do it again.’ I looked at your body. At your corpse. I didn’t feel anything and all had hope left me.

‘Tara, please wake up. I need you.’

Of course, you never did.
Why did you do that? I cried!
Beautifully written btw Imo (though I am not a good judge, since english is not my native language). It felt so real. I could see Dawn doing all this, I knew how she was dressed, saw the look on her face, where she walked, how her voice sounded and I felt like I was her when I read it. I was nervouse while reading this, though I knew the scenes. I could see all the images of Seeing Red in my head again. Oh my god, why did you make me feel that way again?!? I mean I know that I cry everytime I watch it. But it was a new experience to cry because of reading the scene. Am I like the most emotional person on the planet? That reading a scene that I have seen way more than once still makes me cry?
I'll just blame all of that on your writing skills ;)

All complimets to your beautiful writing. :)
Though it made me cry :( And the feedback may not sound as positive as I intend and mean it. Because well, still crying here! What I really am trying to say: It was very good. Keep writing. :)
Oh and... TARAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! 😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I WANT HER BACK!!!😭😭😭
This is so sad!

Last edited:
Foxy
Foxy
Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad I made you sad :)
W

WillowFromBuffy

I decided to have a go.

Villain
Buffy saw him enter the light of the streetlamp. He carried a bundle over his shoulder. In the pale light, she could see his self satisfied grin. She walked up to block his path. He did not seem surprised to see her. His ugly smile only widened a little as she approached.

"Buffy," he said, wagging his eyebrows at her. "Fancy meeting you here."

Buffy brandish her stake at him. "Why are you doing this, Angel?" she said, her lower lip quivering a little, and she felt like an idiot for asking.

Angel laughed and shook his head. "Why?" he said. "For you, of course. Always for you, Buffy. I was the man who made you a woman. Now I am to be the villain who makes you a hero," his tongue quickly ran across his upper lip, "or martyr. Whatever works for you."

Buffy bit her lip. "What ... who are you carrying?" she asked him, and the minute she did she dreaded the answer.

"Oh, this?" Angel said and dropped his bundle onto the gravel path. "This is a gift for the both of us. Something we both need." Jenny's lifeless body rolled out of the blanket. Her head landed at a strange angle from her neck. "...an innocent victim."

Foxy
Foxy
Oh man! That is great! I wanted to keep reading :D

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Day 2: Happiness

Not sure if I like this one. I think it needs a rewrite at a later date, but man my brain is going into fic overdrive. It is really hard to write short stories (am trying to stay under a 1000, because it will take me way too much time to write). I have had like 6 fic ideas since I started (and this is day 2, oh dear me). It is lovely to write again though, but I feel like I am 16 years old again. Hopefully the quality of my writing has matured like a fine wine. Maybe when I'm finished with these 30 days I will write a long fic. Oh and thanks to @WillowFromBuffy I already have an idea for tomorrow. I won't tell you what exactly, but it will be a continuation of this story.

Happy reading! Let me know what you think :)

The sound of a soft gust of wind woke me up. The ground beneath me was hard and there was a rock poking in my back. I guess I was outside. Something felt off, but I couldn’t tell what’s wrong with me. Except the fact that I couldn’t remember where I was and how I got there, but most importantly I didn’t know who I was. Slowly I opened my eyes, but closed them again quickly. The light was too bright. At my second attempt, I succeeded and at first my eyes were blurred, but after blinking a few times I regained my eye sight.

I appeared to be in the desert, in the middle of nowhere. I guess that must have been my luck then. I looked around, but it was pretty much all of the same barren landscape. I sighed and gradually got to my feet. I felt weak, wait no, that wasn’t the word, I felt frail. On the other hand, I also felt vitalized like the feeling that you’ve just had the right amount of sleep.

Well, there wasn’t any point in standing around, so I started walking off into a random direction. The blistering heat made it hard to keep my focus and I found myself lost in thoughts. How had I ended up here? I didn’t know how much time had passed until I saw a structure made out of metal in the distance. Divine intervention, I guessed. I made my way towards the building, which I realized, was a diner.

What was the last thing I remembered? I thought so hard that I was sure my brains would start to hurt. At first there was nothing, but gradually an image came to mind. I remembered a red headed woman. My Willow tree. My love. So, apparently I was in a relationship, but it did a fat lot of good as I couldn’t remember her name.

I arrived at the diner and saw a whole bunch of young women standing around. They were amicably chatting while eating. Some of them seemed quite badly injured, but I wondered why they didn’t attend to their wounds. Everyone seemed happy. A massive yellow school bus was parked next to the diner, which was also filled with girls. They seemed to be a bit old for Girl Scouts, but I had an open mind, who was I to judge?

One girl with dark hair and the darkest brown eyes I had ever seen walked up to me and asked ‘Hey, are you all right? Did you come from Sunnydale too?’ The name Sunnydale seemed familiar, but I couldn’t place it really. I had to find this redheaded woman, maybe she could help me retrieve my memory. I must have gotten lost in thought, because the woman touched my arm and asked again ‘Miss, can you hear me?’ I nodded and replied ‘I’m all right. I just seem to have lost my memory.’ The woman frowned and turned to the woman standing behind her ‘Jess, could you get Buffy for me?’ The young woman ran to the diner. That name seemed familiar.

‘Well, my name is Kennedy. Do you remember anything about yourself? How did you get here?’ My head was hurting, oh goodness what was happening to me? This had to be one of the weirdest dreams I had ever had. ‘I woke up in the desert and all I can remember is this woman. She has red hair, but that’s all I know.’

‘T-Tara?’

Another voice called and suddenly it hit me. My name was Tara. I looked up to whoever had called my name and there she was, my Willow tree. ‘Buffy, can you see her too? I-is that really her?’ The woman, her name was Willow started to cry, and she was holding on to Buffy’s hand.

‘Oh, Tara. Baby, is that you?’ Willow asked me, the woman called Kennedy looked upset, but she shrugged and walked away. I looked into Willow’s eyes and said ‘M-my love, how could I ever forget you?’ Willow wrapped her arms around me and started sobbing. All of a sudden, I remembered everything, the kisses, casting spells, fighting vampires, Dawn, Buffy and Xander. I remember kissing Willow and then nothing. What had happened?

‘Is that really her, Will?’ Buffy asked as she stepped closer and put her hand on Willow’s shoulder. Willow looked up and said ‘Buffy, I know it’s her. I can feel it. Oh baby, how did you get here?’ I shrugged. I was still unsure about how I had ended up here.

‘Tara, you came back to me. After all this time. I love you so much.’ Willow looked at me and I could tell that she had changed. Mostly, I was still utterly confused, why were they so unsure if I was the real me and why did Willow mention that a long time had passed. The one thing I did know for certain was that I was where I belonged, with the people I belonged with. A calmness came over my body and I felt at peace.

I was happy.

W
WillowFromBuffy
I am curious as to how you will resolve this :p

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Number 3: Xander

So, after being super busy with life. I have decided that I want to do at least one or hopefully two per week.

So, because I am meeting Nicholas Brendon tomorrow and I want to get his autograph. I thought, why not let him autograph one of my drawings? The downside is that I'd never drawn him. So here you go :) Click to enlarge!

Last edited:
Top Bottom