• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Fred or Dr. Saunders/Whisky

Alittlegrim

Stuck In The Middle
Both wonderful, complex characters played by Amy Acker in the Whedonverse. I actually can't decide which one I like more. I was wondering what others think.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Oh I love Whisky much more than Fred. She's just a more complex character in my opinion, and I think more challenging for Amy to play. Fred was kind of the girl we're supposed to like because she's so sweet but who I didn't think had too many layers until Illyria happened.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Fred is my favorite character on Angel and in the top 3 in the verse. Whiskey was a pretty clever idea executed very well though. Really unfortunate ending for her.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
I absolutely adore Fred but Whiskey was such a complex and intriguing character. I think if we'd had more than two season of Dollhouse and had actually seen more of her character she may have won out but since we had more time with Fred and actually got to see her develop more as a character, I'd have to go with her. But I really did love Whiskey and one of my disappointments with Dollhouse was that we never got to see her character really expanded or explored.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Its Fred because she got a more complete character arc. Also, it would be so easy for that character to be a annoying stereotype. Its Acker's skill as an actress that stops it from being that. I liked her work on Dollhouse too. Don't think I've seen Acker be bad in anything. Root in Person of Interest is her high point IMO.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Dr. Saunders/Whiskey for me, Amy was so good in these roles and subtle too. I love her as Fred, but I was so wow-ed by the Illyria thing because it was the first time I truly thought of Amy Acker as more than just a capable actress. She was fine as Fred, but it wasn't memorable and didn't show great depth.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Fred was capital B boring and not really a stretch to play. Illyria added some versatility but wasn't much better. I think the only reason Illyria seems so impressive is because she was Fred. So I think the Dollhouse role was the best character and acting that she did.

Top Bottom