• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Giles and Joyce were Dawn's biological parents

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

God King of the Primordium
Black Thorn
You saw Band Candy. Ripper and Joyce definitely had sex (at least twice.On a police car. as Buffy discovered in Earshot)

The monks lied. So did Glory. She was only here to go shopping. :p

Giles was Dawn's dad. She even has his eyes.

Talk amongst yourselves. 😁

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
She doesn't even look like Faith. Slayers are a matriarchal line, yes, therefore Buffy got it from Joyce. Dawn just wasn't the chosen one.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I'm sorry but the idea of Dawn being Rubert and Joyce's daughter is absolutely preposterous. It's not even worth commenting on. It's clear from the show that Dawn was conceived in Something Blue when Buffy and Spike celebrated their marriage announcement.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
If any vamp is going to be her father it's got to be Angel from I Will Remember You.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Graham is really a younger time travelling Hank Summers. He joined the initiative to keep an eye on Riley who he knew was going to be his daughter's boyfriend. When the relationship went south due to Riley's behaviour, Graham/Hank came back with an offer for Riley that would take him out of the picture and out of Buffy's life with the least fuss possible.

As for Dawn, Dracula was working for the monks. They hired him to get Buffy's blood (hence why Dawn doesn't exist for the majority of Buffy vs Dracula. Dracula harvested Buffy's blood and sent it back to the monks who used it to create Dawn. As it was Buffy's blood, the monks used it as an enchantment where Buffy would be driven to protect Dawn at all costs.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
If any vamp is going to be her father it's got to be Angel from I Will Remember You.
But Angel had nothing to do with her, and while keeping within the whedonverse narrative it would make sense, him being a deadbeat dad and all, the idea of Spike being her father which would explain the bond the two shared. The familial bond was stronger than their memories.

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
If Buffy and Spike had a kid, I would have hoped they would call it Peg, cuz a peg is a small Spike! Nope, not funny...ok 😂 🤣

LemonBanana

Glorious Purpose
Sineya
Yeesh, for the story it’s better that Dawn was the key and Glory wanted to drain her...but if Buffy was real life, now that’s a different story! Something makes me feel a bit uneasy about Joyce and GILES being Dawns parents, I mean, for Buffy that would be your watcher is your step dad...or on a different note kinda cute! Giles would be Buffy’s legal father and they could go pick daisies and stake vampires together, happy days! Love this thread 😊 💕

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
You're adorable 😂

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
It's not even worth commenting on.
And yet, you did. 😂

Graham is really a younger time travelling Hank Summers. He joined the initiative to keep an eye on Riley who he knew was going to be his daughter's boyfriend. When the relationship went south due to Riley's behaviour, Graham/Hank came back with an offer for Riley that would take him out of the picture and out of Buffy's life with the least fuss possible.

As for Dawn, Dracula was working for the monks. They hired him to get Buffy's blood (hence why Dawn doesn't exist for the majority of Buffy vs Dracula. Dracula harvested Buffy's blood and sent it back to the monks who used it to create Dawn. As it was Buffy's blood, the monks used it as an enchantment where Buffy would be driven to protect Dawn at all costs.
This is really, really good writing. (And you KNOW I don't indulge in false compliments) It makes sense and is obviously well thought-out...squirrels everywhere are so proud of you!!!

Last edited:

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
It's obvious that Clem is Dawn's father. He babysits her and has plenty of junk food around to keep her entertained. And as for proof, Clem (used to) eat kittens and guess who is responsible for Miss Kitty Fantastico's demise? That's right, Dawn, daughter of the kitten-eater. Their relationship is more than platonic but devoid of any impropriety because he is her father.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
It's obvious that Clem is Dawn's father. He babysits her and has plenty of junk food around to keep her entertained. And as for proof, Clem (used to) eat kittens and guess who is responsible for Miss Kitty Fantastico's demise? That's right, Dawn, daughter of the kitten-eater. Their relationship is more than platonic but devoid of any impropriety because he is her father.
You are lovingly unbalanced, my sweet. 😂 This is hilarious. I can't stop laughing.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I don't know? Begotten by the Key, partheno-generated of the Technically Virgin Buffy?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Technically I think it was Angel and Buffy in Amends, guess what they did to keep warm?!
What with Angel being used to the cold his wrigglies being a bit slow, and Buffy exercising so much it took a while to show.
Did you know that Angel was also the father to Connor - Dawn's brother!

As for the concept of Joyce and Giles being Dawn's parents, Angel put a holt to that line of thought, and if he had to do stop that line of thought more than once the plural of Holt on this planet is halts but on the planet Connor grew up on it is holtz.

Top Bottom