• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Giles best girlfriend.

J

joseph

Who is better Olivia or Miss Jenny calendar. me I like miss calendar better but Olivia is from England so kind of Biased, but have to say Jenny calendar.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Gotta be Olivia. She had to put up with getting to Heathrow, waiting at Heathrow, flying 12 to 13 hours to Sunnydale (which apparently has facilities for a DC-10). Meeting up with Giles then flying back and putting up with the same thing. Jenny only had to walk from her class to the library to see Giles. It sounds like Olivia was more motivated.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Jenny all the way. She was a great character and she truly loved Giles, while Giles and Olivia was a pretty limited relationship.

burrunjor

Potential
That's because Giles is just that good :p
He used to be one of the founding members of Pink Floyd.

Just finished season 2 and I'm still reeling from all that LOL. What a finale. One of the greatest and cruellest two hours of tv ever made.

Giles and Jenny is one of the great tragic love stories. Just as they are on the cusp of getting together something tears them apart. First Giles dark past with Egyhon, then her dark past with Angel, and then when that is overcome she gets killed and he ends up getting tortured.

That bit in Becoming where Drusilla takes her form is one of the saddest moments as it really does make you realise how little they had together. Just a few weeks of happiness and that's that. They were probably pissed at, avoiding each other because of their past longer than they were together, I'm not even sure if they consumated their relationship, yet Giles still considers her his one true love. It's both touching and heart breaking. Whedon at his finest.

Priceless

Scooby
I've never been a big fan of Jenny and never shipped her and Giles. I'd have much rather Giles and Anya had gotten together, but otherwise I'd vote for Giles/Olivia.

TriBel

Scooby
I've never been a big fan of Jenny and never shipped her and Giles. I'd have much rather Giles and Anya had gotten together, but otherwise I'd vote for Giles/Olivia.
The way you've listed them makes me think Giles ideal woman would be an amalgamation of the three. It wouldn't happen because I think Giles likes to compartmentalize and he's not a fan of hybrids (too much like synchronized swimming - which he doesn't understand) but it's a thought. It's also a thought because young Giles falls for a hybrid (watcher/slayer/vampire) in Roux. 😊

@Priceless LOL! I nearly wrote something to the effect of "See? I haven't forgotten Roux". But yes - she's a demon (like Anya); she's the same race as Olivia (so implies a different perspective on history); she's associated with maths/science like Jenny. You could even argue she contains some of his love for Buffy. Genius! I'd never made the connection before! God...I hate S12 even more now!

Last edited:
Priceless
Priceless
How could I forget Roux! Perfect match for Giles

thrasherpix

Scooby
I'll say Jenny, hands down. I wish it had been Jenny in the dream sequence rather than Olivia.

That said, I'd have liked to have seen more of Olivia, let her grow as a character. I might've changed my mind then. I am VERY curious what was going through the minds of the writers when they added her. Was she deliberately more disposable (someone for the Gentlemen to scare?) or was she being tested for future eps and didn't test well?

Not a fan of Anya with any of the Scoobies (though being a side character of more importance than Willy would be good). The only main character who should've put up with her crap is Spike.

Jenny but I guess Olivia didn't get much time to make an impression. On the other hand my only OTP ever is Jenny/Giles so I don't think Olivia was ever going to shoe horn her way in ;)
I'm a sucker for tragic love stories I guess.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I think Jenny because we see then getting tighter while Olivia was just around for one esp . If you get rid of that esp nothing changes but Jenny
was a lot more real I believe .

Top Bottom