• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Giles Comic

From what I've read this comic should be available from 28th February. Does anyone know when it can be pre-ordered? It's not yet available on Forbidden Planet. It's only a four issue mini-series but I'm really looking forward to seeing Giles at school :)

I've checked on Forbidden Planet a few times but have seen nothing as of yet. I'll try to remember to post here if I see anything further at some point. :)
Thanks @Stoney. I've checked a couple of times. Do you know if 28th Feb is a definite issue date, or is it liable to change?

I'm pretty excited for it!! :D
Me too! Giles on the front cover art looks amazing, just the perfect teen-Giles. I only hope the contents are as good.

I think there are some cons in the spring which would probably fall around when the Giles comic is running/finishing and, as that is being promoted as S11 still, it might be around then. Or when Angel rounds up perhaps, if the final events of that title are verse affecting? :s

Grace
Grace
Thanks!

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I had no idea this was happening. That sounds like it could be very funny. I’ll definitely preorder.

Sineya
They had season 11 announced long before season 10 ended, so the fact that we've heard nothing yet tells me there may be a delay. We might not hear anything until the Giles miniseries is finished, which would be May, I guess. That's when the summer convention season gets underway.

It's not 100% certain that there will be a season 12. I think there will be, but sales of the comics have really dropped... from over 100,000 when season 8 started to less than 10,000 now. Some of that is offset by digital sales, but it's still a huge drop. I think part of the problem is that Joss has been so un-involved since the beginning of season 9. They may be waiting until he has more time to devote to it... and since he has another major tentpole movie to direct now, that could be years.

I'm thinking they may abandon the "season" format for Buffy and switch over to the Serenity comics format... do a 6-issue "event" miniseries whenever they come up with a significant story to tell. I also don't see the Angel comic continuing as a separate thing after this season.

Grace
Grace
Thanks for the insights!

Mrs Gordo

And then she comes along...
Black Thorn
I also don't see the Angel comic continuing as a separate thing after this season.
I have conflicting emotions about this. Does this mean the end of Angel's story? :(

Does anyone have any numbers comparing Angel&Faith/Angel v. BTVS comics? Is BTVS steadily outperforming?

Sineya
I don't think it means the end of Angel's story, but it might mean he gets folded back into the main Buffy story.

The last issue of Buffy sold around 9,800 copies. The last issue of Angel was about 6,800, I think. They've both been going steadily down for years now.

Mrs Gordo

And then she comes along...
Black Thorn
I don't think it means the end of Angel's story, but it might mean he gets folded back into the main Buffy story.

The last issue of Buffy sold around 9,800 copies. The last issue of Angel was about 6,800, I think. They've both been going steadily down for years now.
If Angel comes over to BTVS things are going to get awfully crowded.

Thanks for the figures!

Thanks for that @Grace. Just from this one page, the story and Giles both seem serious and philosophical. I think it's going to be an interesting read. I like the art, it's a different style to what we've already seen inthe BtVS/Angel comics. Giles is looking good.

I'm not sure how Dark Horse can make this work. It's going to be a big ask for all the characters to deal with each other at this stage in their lives. It's going to take some very skillful writing to make it believable

I thought he was supposed to be 13/14 ish when he was returned in A&F. I'd have to go back and check but I think one of the aunts specified what age she had been focussing on when they performed the spell. If we consider that was over a full season before this trip back to high school for him, then 15 seems probably about right. Jeanty's Buffy always looks a good 5 years younger than Rebekah's to me, I think we're just not used to seeing varying artistic takes on Giles.

Top Bottom