• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Gimme your best Head Cannons / Fan Theories

@WillowFromBuffy I remembered one of the reasons I don't think Riley or Parker went south on Buffy.

It's canon that Angel, Spike, & Satsu did and there are multiple scenes with those three that involve talk of oral. There's nothing with the human guys.

In Chosen Angel asked who Buffy wanted to eat her cookies. In Twilight it's one of the first things Angel does when they have sex.

In Intervention Spike went down on the Buffybot. In Wrecked Spike said "I know where you live now, Slayer. I've tasted it." and the way he leered at her made it clear it was a double entendre about eating her.

In Wolves at the Gate Buffy says Satsu did more things than her when they had sex and Satsu said "And you let me." Later a vampire is fighting Buffy and says she probably tastes sweet and Satsu replies "You have no idea."

WillowFromBuffy
WillowFromBuffy
Head canon, indeed.
1) Buffy was never in an asylum. The poison made her confuse reality with fantasy. Because of the shifting, the memories of the other reality where her parents put her there mingled with the actual truth. The truth was that Buffy never told her parents about vampires or being a Slayer.

2) Xander's skateboard was a present from Jesse and Xander never used it again after his death.

3) There's a whole background story about the relationship between Xander and Giles where Xander adores and admires Giles but the latter doesn't notice and it isn't something he cares about.

4) Xander returns Spike's lighter in the summer between S5 and S6, finds Spike in a mess of drunken sobs, they share a drink together, and then go for a petrol in honor of Buffy's name.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Love all of these.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Buffy remembers being in an asylum in LA because of Dawn and the fake memories since in the comics Dawn is the one to find the diary and show it to their parents. So in the first 4 seasons, Buffy did not have those memories, which, to me, explains why Joyce never cottoned on to anything in the first 2 seasons.

Forrest was in love with Riley, I will go to my grave absolutely sure of this! :D

The Monks created Dawn by using the Slayer line, not just Buffy's blood, and I head-canon that Dawn is part Buffy, part Faith.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Definitely true about Forrest. He acted like a little bitch, tbph.
thetopher
thetopher
Dawn is definitely part-Faith. She did crime!
* I just thought of this one. Buffy got Mr Gordo at the hospital gift shop when she was 8 to give to her cousin Celia but when she died she decided to keep him.
* Xander & Willow met Jesse in 9th grade. They knew Amy much longer than him.
* Buffy likes to read plays (Death of a Salesman, Waiting for Godot) because they're short & mostly dialogue.
* Catherine Madison is still in the cheerleader trophy at the bottom of the Sunnydale crater.
* Joyce had to wait for escrow to move out of the LA house to the one on Revello and that's what gave Angel & Giles enough time to get there before Buffy.
* In The Pack, that woman walking her baby at night who ran into the hynea possessed students but go away unharmed was the SHS computer teacher. It freaked her out, especially after finding out those students ate her boss. So she moved out of town and Jenny took her job. I Robot You Jane is only 2 episodes after The Pack.
* The summer between 2-3 Joyce called Hank to ask if Buffy was there with him in LA and that's how he found out she was expelled from school, accused of murder, and left town with just a note. His opinion of his daughter greatly worsened.
* Faith thinks Giles is Buffy's first Watcher and might not even know that Buffy is from LA
* One time Faith was at the school and a student asked her why she hangs out on campus when she doesn't go there and she was about to get defensive but then they asked if Buffy was her girlfriend and she smiled
* When Dawn let the crossbow out and Miss Kitty died, Buffy offered to bury her in the Summers backyard near where several years later she buries Annabelle & Chloe.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Interesting thought about The Pack/Jenny. Hadn't heard that one before and makes a lot of sense.
In Intervention Spike went down on the Buffybot.
Either Warren is really good at creating sexbots with realistic human skin texture (in which case he could've made a business out of it), or Spike would've had a plasticky taste in his mouth.

Buffy remembers being in an asylum in LA because of Dawn and the fake memories since in the comics Dawn is the one to find the diary and show it to their parents. So in the first 4 seasons, Buffy did not have those memories, which, to me, explains why Joyce never cottoned on to anything in the first 2 seasons.
That makes perfect sense. Dawn screwed up Buffy's life terribly.

Forrest was in love with Riley,
There was definitely subtext of an unrequited love there.

Re: Damned; Vampires are ad-hoc beings. Angel doesn't have an Immortal essence, he's a demon with a body and a soul bound to him. When he dies, Liam will be liberated, but Angelus will fall into hell to be devoured by the Arch-Demon Maloker. It's unlikely anything of him will survive death. In fact, nothing of Angel survives that one moment of pleasure. He's like a materialist stroke survivor. We also don't know how Angel sees himself. Is he Liam reincarnated? Is he a sober Angelus? I suspect the problem is, Angel is a Catholic character in an Existentialist tale, and their are irreconcilable differences between them regarding the end of his quest.

If Cordelia was a Potential someone would have realized in BtVS s7. The good and the bad guys were trying to track down Potentials all throughout the world. I doubt they could locate one as far as China but not one 2 hours away in Buffy's hometown of Los Angeles.

Why would Bringers sneak into LA Correctional to go after Faith (a Slayer that would activate another Potential into a Slayer if she dies) but not Cordelia? I think it would be a lot easier to get the jump on Cordy & stab her to death. All they had to do was wait for her to call it a night and follow her as she headed home, made even easier when she had amnesia. What would she have done to stop them, have a vision at them? Or do you think it was her super convenient night light of calm that she unintentionally used to stop Connor from killing her (which was basically a small dose of Jasmine's "happy shiny people" ecstasy brainwashing)?

Or someone would have realized in AtS s5 when Cordelia would have been activated as a Slayer from the Chosen spell. She ended up lying in a hospital bed for nearly a year. They located 1,800 Slayers in a year and a half but somehow Cordelia went under the radar?

Puppet

Black Thorn
1. By then Jasmine was in control of Cordelia, so could be responsible for not being discovered by the First.
2. Cordelia is at least 21; the Potentials gathered in Sunnydale all seem about the same, teen, age. It's not like there's a grandma, and a forty-year-old, and a toddler. So it's possible that Cordelia outgrew her Potential and so she wasn't discovered.

Basically, headcanons become headcanons because there's a sliver of possibility that it could be true.

1. By then Jasmine was in control of Cordelia, so could be responsible for not being discovered by the First.
2. Cordelia is at least 21; the Potentials gathered in Sunnydale all seem about the same, teen, age. It's not like there's a grandma, and a forty-year-old, and a toddler. So it's possible that Cordelia outgrew her Potential and so she wasn't discovered.

Basically, headcanons become headcanons because there's a sliver of possibility that it could be true.
Kennedy was 19. So the Potentials at Buffy's house ranged from about 14 to 19. I don't think outgrowing being a Potential was an option against the First Evil trying to kill every single member of the Watcher's Council & Potential in the world. If every Potential younger than Cordelia was killed she would be the next one activated upon a Slayer's death. The FE wasn't going to just be like, "Well, all the teens are dead, let's just ignore the 20s and beyond."

I guess I can buy that once Jasmine was in full possession from getting back her memories at the end of Spin the Bottle to the birth that she could hide it.

But then why couldn't Cordelia be tracked after that? Especially the entire time she was in a coma? There was a 12 year old activated. And in the comics Anaheed said she was 30.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Kennedy was 19. So the Potentials at Buffy's house ranged from about 14 to 19. I don't think outgrowing being a Potential was an option against the First Evil trying to kill every single member of the Watcher's Council & Potential in the world. If every Potential younger than Cordelia was killed she would be the next one activated upon a Slayer's death. The FE wasn't going to just be like, "Well, all the teens are dead, let's just ignore the 20s and beyond."

I guess I can buy that once Jasmine was in full possession from getting back her memories at the end of Spin the Bottle to the birth that she could hide it.

But then why couldn't Cordelia be tracked after that? Especially the entire time she was in a coma? There was a 12 year old activated. And in the comics Anaheed said she was 30.
Do we know - with absolute certainty - that Cordy wasn't activated? As you said, she was in a coma, she had no way of knowing. And she never woke up, You're Welcome Cordy is some type of ghost thingy. And we don't have any evidence that Willow found all the activated SITs, some could have fallen through the cracks. Again, there may be holes in the theory, but there's still enough validity to let someone have it as a headcanon.

My personal favorite, of course, is that the events of "As You Were" resulted from the manipulations of Riley, who was acting out of jealousy, or a misguided sense of duty concerning Spike's relationship with Buffy.

Another of mine was that Robin Wood actually died in the bus at the end of "Chosen," and his body was reanimated by the First Evil, making him the same sort of minion that Caleb had been. I still think that that would have been a great plot device if there had been a televised Season 8, or if there had been the idea to tie the events of "Chosen" in to Season 5 of "Angel."

1) Angel and Spike did not hook up, not even once, its a inside joke (biggest shipper ever but these two together are really gross to me)

2) Ripper and Ethan had a brief fling but its unreciprocated and why Ethan is weirdly obsessed with him and ruining
his new life.

3) Dawn did not kill Joyce but it is a unintended consequence of magic and Joyce having the most memories of Dawn. The monks are to blame.

4) The seed of Spike's falling in love with Buffy is a unintended consequence of Willow's spell in "Something Blue"

5) Angel is so confused and unique because he was not restored with Liam's soul but somebody elses

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
5) Angel is so confused and unique because he was not restored with Liam's soul but somebody elses
This made me think... you can't gypsy curse Warren, because he already has a soul, but maybe you could give me a better soul.

As for Liam, he is super creepy in "The Prodigal," but I think he was mostly going through a bad phase.

This made me think... you can't gypsy curse Warren, because he already has a soul, but maybe you could give me a better soul.
First his soul would have to leave his body, so he would need be dead first in order to curse him. Explaination for why good people are not being given a automatic second chance by being restored in the body of a dead person. For one, need to be "The walking undead" not pleasant, secondly a restored soul is without the physical brain and therefor without memories. I sort of like the misplaced soul for why Angel is a super mixed up person.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
First his soul would have to leave his body, so he would need be dead first in order to curse him. Explaination for why good people aren't being given a automatic second chance by being restored in a bad dead person. For one, need to be "The walking undead" not pleasant, two being restored a soul is without the physical brain therefor memory of you were before. I sort of like the misplaced soul for why Angel would be super mixed up.
I would get Kathy to come suck his soul out and then we would take him to Africa to be eaten alive by beetles. Easy, peasy.

Warren repented prior to his untimely death. Per Hamlet rules, he would have gone to heaven. Think of that, Warren in heaven, Tara in purgatory, Willow in hell. Well, if not for Amy and Xander. Or you know, write an Expy-Ghost Rider into Angel, and give him the expy Penance Stare.

NeonSlayer
NeonSlayer
Why would Tara be in Purgatory?
Top Bottom